• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Jonah Hex Movie

27 posts in this topic

What gets me is it *could* have been good.

Probably goes down as Fassbender's worst role, and the over-acting by Malkovich put it at Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter level.

I had no problems with Josh Brolin or even Megan Fox.

They should have spent an extra $2 million on a decent -script & it could have been a solid, subversive, under-the-radar flick a la Blade.

Probably goes down as Fassbender's worst role, and the over-acting by Malkovich put it at Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter level.

They should have spent an extra $2 million on a decent -script & it could have been a solid, subversive, under-the-radar flick a la Blade.

It could, & should, have been excellent - they had plenty of great original source material to work from.

That's why Josh Brolin has said in interviews if he ever gets super-rich, he would come back and redo this movie by himself with a much better -script.

Josh Brolin Hates ‘Jonah Hex’ More Than You Do

-------------------

“I think [Jonah Hex] deserved that bashing for reasons that those critics will never know. We were almost ready to drop [the film] when this kid [Hayward] came up. He was an interesting young guy full of energy and he was obsessed with Jonah Hex. I thought, ‘This is either a really bad decision or a brilliant decision.’ Really bad… If I’m ever really rich, I’ll do that movie again. Seriously.”

-------------------

That's why Josh Brolin has said in interviews if he ever gets super-rich, he would come back and redo this movie by himself with a much better -script.

Josh Brolin Hates ‘Jonah Hex’ More Than You Do

-------------------

“I think [Jonah Hex] deserved that bashing for reasons that those critics will never know. We were almost ready to drop [the film] when this kid [Hayward] came up. He was an interesting young guy full of energy and he was obsessed with Jonah Hex. I thought, ‘This is either a really bad decision or a brilliant decision.’ Really bad… If I’m ever really rich, I’ll do that movie again. Seriously.”

-------------------

Interesting. Watching the film today I was thinking that surely the actors know how bad this is.

"Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor made their feature film debut with Crank, a 2006 film starring Jason Statham. The duo later wrote and produced the 2008 thriller Pathology. In 2009, Neveldine and Taylor wrote and directed Crank: High Voltage, a sequel to Crank, and Gamer, a science fiction action thriller starring Gerard Butler. The duo were originally slated to direct the film adaptation of DC Comics's Jonah Hex, but stepped down due to creative differences with film distributor Warner Bros. They are still credited as screenwriters for the film.[1] The duo directed Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012), the sequel to Ghost Rider."

doh!

Interesting. Watching the film today I was thinking that surely the actors know how bad this is.

After he fulfilled his contractual obligations, including any initial interviews, Josh Brolin started putting out the word he was not pleased with the movie final results. That included telling the studio marketing team what a horrible job they did in publicizing the film.

So I think he knew fairly quick this thing was going to be a dog.

The Lego Movie's Batman Will Arnett and Man of Steel's Zod Michael Shannon are also in it. (thumbs u

Myself, I thought it was a "Nonstop and exciting joyride, full of creative invention and a solid -script for cast of great actors!"

-as I put down my crackpipe.

:)