• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Jonah Hex Movie

27 posts in this topic

Interesting. Watching the film today I was thinking that surely the actors know how bad this is.

After he fulfilled his contractual obligations, including any initial interviews, Josh Brolin started putting out the word he was not pleased with the movie final results. That included telling the studio marketing team what a horrible job they did in publicizing the film.

So I think he knew fairly quick this thing was going to be a dog.

I also think in the same year Brolin was in the Oscar winning western True Grit,so it must have seen like a different experience for him.

I was hoping this was a thread about a NEW Jonah Hex movie. Unfortunately, it is not. As others have already mentioned the outstanding comic source material is there to use and an example of how to make the movie (The OutlawJosey Wales) exists. Rinse/Repeat. Oh what could have/should have been.

Fans of the character will always have "The Outlaw Josey Wales" anyway until something better comes along. :foryou:

Every time I see this movie I think "Jonah Hex!" (thumbs u

Yep, me too.

As soon as I saw the Gatling guns on the sides of the horse I thought who is this, Jonah MacGuyver? :facepalm:

Yep, that was just terrible.

I used to help my grandfather drive a team of workhorses in various parades after we trained them. One firecracker and the poor beasties would lose it. We would be very worried someone would spook them as we did various routes and were always prepared to correct the situation.

When I saw that scene in the trailer, that was it for me. There was no way this was gonna be grounded in somewhat reality. Now, I don't expect every frontier/western movie to be McCabe & Mrs. Miller or The Beguiled, but when you live on a farm and been around horses as much as I have, you know that horse would bucked him off and went stomping off with those things shooting everyone it ran by, while Hex lay paralyzed in the street.