• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

‘World War Z’ Sequel

31 posts in this topic

Please, please, please base it on the book - even if its 3-4 hours long......

I didn't think it was that good and barely made it through all of it. I was suspicious when it made to Amazon Prime so quickly which is where I watched it.

of what?

I wonder if a movie named after a book ever has so little to do with the book than this one.

When they announced Pitt was making a movie from the book I wondered exactly how that was going to be accomplished.

There was no central theme, no central character, no plot progression....it was several parallel plots what never crossed, met, or advanced any other.

It was not a book that would translate directly to the screen.

If you want to read a diary-style, end of the world, novel you should try Robo-pocalypse. It's got a similar structure to World War Z with the exception that all the plot points work their way towards each other, compliment each other, and serve to advance the overall plot and tell a cohesive story.

World War Z the book would have to be an anthology TV series to ever be told in a literally translated way.

I wonder if a movie named after a book ever has so little to do with the book than this one.

When they announced Pitt was making a movie from the book I wondered exactly how that was going to be accomplished.

There was no central theme, no central character, no plot progression....it was several parallel plots what never crossed, met, or advanced any other.

If you want to read a diary-style, end of the world, novel you should try Robo-pocalypse. It's got a similar structure to World War Z with the exception that all the plot points work their way towards each other, compliment each other, and serve to advance the overall plot and tell a cohesive story.

World War Z the book would have to be an anthology TV series to ever be told in a literally translated way.

I fully agree you can't really make a movie out of the book. They should have just picked a different name.

I'll look in to the Robo-pocalypse. The style of World War Z did grow on me.

I didn't think it was that good and barely made it through all of it. I was suspicious when it made to Amazon Prime so quickly which is where I watched it.

of what?

That it was :sick: and after watching it, I thought it was.

My experience is that poor movies get to Prime more quickly than good ones.

of what?

That it was :sick: and after watching it, I thought it was.

My experience is that poor movies get to Prime more quickly than good ones.

The movie was wildly popular globally and it wasn't a stinker with critics or audiences (rotten tomatoes) ....I think Amazon just got aggressive with wanting a big box office movie to offer out. They did the same thing with Captain America and Thor and Avengers.

I fully agree you can't really make a movie out of the book. They should have just picked a different name.

I'll look in to the Robo-pocalypse. The style of World War Z did grow on me.

Spielberg actually grabbed the movie rights for Robopocalypse just before the book was released. He's been developing it for a few years now. Given what's in the book it would probably cost more than Avatar to produce, so we'll see what comes of it.