• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

‘World War Z’ Sequel

31 posts in this topic

I didn't think it was that good and barely made it through all of it. I was suspicious when it made to Amazon Prime so quickly which is where I watched it.

of what?

That it was :sick: and after watching it, I thought it was.

My experience is that poor movies get to Prime more quickly than good ones.

The movie was wildly popular globally and it wasn't a stinker with critics or audiences (rotten tomatoes) ....I think Amazon just got aggressive with wanting a big box office movie to offer out. They did the same thing with Captain America and Thor and Avengers.

It was just my supposition on Amazon, Chris.

Just wasn't my cup of tea for the movie, but that's just's me - a movie critic, I am not. Heck I thought Daredevil was tolerable. :eek:

I didn't think it was that good and barely made it through all of it. I was suspicious when it made to Amazon Prime so quickly which is where I watched it.

of what?

That it was :sick: and after watching it, I thought it was.

My experience is that poor movies get to Prime more quickly than good ones.

The movie was wildly popular globally and it wasn't a stinker with critics or audiences (rotten tomatoes) ....I think Amazon just got aggressive with wanting a big box office movie to offer out. They did the same thing with Captain America and Thor and Avengers.

It was just my supposition on Amazon, Chris.

Just wasn't my cup of tea for the movie, but that's just's me - a movie critic, I am not. Heck I thought Daredevil was tolerable. :eek:

lol

The director's cut of DD is actually pretty good. It's got good rewatch value.

Amazon's been trying to make a splash with their service for a while, trying to compete with Netflix. They ponied up for the Marvel flicks and have been launching their own series lately. It didn't carry a stigma for me, but I can see where you are coming from.

I actually liked WWZ more the second time I saw it. The first time I was disappointed at how little it had to do with the book and that distracted me. Thinking it over later I was glad for a fresh and different (and intelligent) take on the genre. So much of what's produced for the genre (outside of Walking Dead and WWZ) is utterly stupid and ill-conceived. I guess I appreciated it relative to some of the junk I've subjected myself to on cable the last few years in the name of being a zombie fan.

I really enjoyed it myself (I loved the parody it got in Despicable Me 2 with the endless waves of evil minions too).

But, sadly this is a done-in-one movie (Beverly Hills Cop, Home Alone, Jaws, etc). Any follow-up will just be a rehash of the original premise, imho.

I loved the book, and thought the movie was good (not great). I have a bad habit of reading the book right before I see any movie adaptation, so I try not to be the "the book was better" guy.

I could get excited about a sequal.

This movie was a pile of wanna-be zombie junk.

Come on. No blood in a so called zombie film....

And I'm not even started on the story.... Not that I remember any of it, and that is never a good sign.

Biggest galore evah

This movie was a pile of wanna-be zombie junk.

Come on. No blood in a so called zombie film....

And I'm not even started on the story.... Not that I remember any of it, and that is never a good sign.

Biggest galore evah

Studios don't invest $190 million into R-rated films.

The MPAA would never give this movie a PG-13 if all that violence included blood or excessive gore.

Thus, if you want to tell this story, with this budget, and on this scale, you remove blood if it means you get everything else in exchange.

Of course, there have been plenty of zombie movies with gore and blood made in the last decade. They made sure to get the gore into the film, but nothing else.

The world created for this film is ripe for storytelling and brings about the zombie apocalypse in a fresh way. I am willing to give it a chance.

I really enjoyed the book and I enjoyed the movie for what it was and just "forgot" about the source material...I knew enough going into it that it only used the book as a "skeleton" for the main story.

...The one thing I did not like as much was the CGI 'swarming, super speed' zombies...The excessive CGI took me out of the film whereas other scenes, such as the airplane scene were excellent.

I like the idea of zombies being as fast as a regular human can be but slow down as they decay but the "Flash" style zombies...Not so much...