• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Honestly, from the front I would have guessed at least a 4.0.  If you paid a 1.0 price then you did VERY well.

I paid $573 for it in mid- 2016. (CL auction)

I'm....sorta happy. 

Edited by pmWolf

8 hours ago, piper said:

No reason why you can't send it in for regrading, just check the graders notes beforehand.

I guess I don't get how that would work. I mean, with it being an SS....I can't exactly crack it and send it back in (or it will come back green label).

And if I just send the whole thing back (slab and all), do I just write on the slab in sharpie: "You guys are wrong. Give me at least a 3.5."  ?

7 minutes ago, pmWolf said:

I guess I don't get how that would work. I mean, with it being an SS....I can't exactly crack it and send it back in (or it will come back green label).

And if I just send the whole thing back (slab and all), do I just write on the slab in sharpie: "You guys are wrong. Give me at least a 3.5."  ?

If you send it back for regrading, as long as it's still in it's slab, cgc will honor the signature series. 

You can actually even send it to certain pressers and cgc will even honor it as a signature series. 

I should green label (qualify) this by saying, I've never done it. That's just my understanding. But I'm pretty sure that's how it works. 

Great book regardless!

11 hours ago, Matt1982 said:

Okay sorry but why won’t they regrade a Stan ss? If they originally witnessed it, why won’t they accept it when re-grading it?

I'm sure they'd accept it...but I feel like the grade wouldn't change, because that would mean they are admitting the original grade was wrong?

And, if I cracked it prior...that obviously kills the SS label. 

Anyhow, that would be my thought. 

1 hour ago, pmWolf said:

I'm sure they'd accept it...but I feel like the grade wouldn't change, because that would mean they are admitting the original grade was wrong?

And, if I cracked it prior...that obviously kills the SS label. 

Anyhow, that would be my thought. 

Maybe have them crack, press and then grade it after to get a new set of eyes on it.

From the sublime... 

I thought I would share this curiosity. DD#1 Australian edition. Sadly it is coverless, but it is extremely rare. I have never seen another in 50+ years. @Beige says he has seen only two (one of which he owns).

image.thumb.png.d7e66b425f0b7e20f99e9e89d1826f9f.png

It has no ads at all, and has this extra page not included in the Marvel version:

image.thumb.png.fa1e35229382953e71804d9c50a21dd3.png

Edited by Albert Thurgood
Added edit.

47 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

From the sublime... 

I thought I would share this curiosity. DD#1 Australian edition. Sadly it is coverless, but it is extremely rare. I have never seen another in 50+ years. @Beige says he has seen only two (one of which he owns).

image.thumb.png.d7e66b425f0b7e20f99e9e89d1826f9f.png

It has no ads at all, and has this extra page not included in the Marvel version:

image.thumb.png.fa1e35229382953e71804d9c50a21dd3.png

No - USED to own - biggest error in my comic life selling this book - been waiting 10 years to find another with no success  :facepalm:

On 4/2/2021 at 7:41 AM, Beige said:

No - USED to own - biggest error in my comic life selling this book - been waiting 10 years to find another with no success  :facepalm:

We've all done it - I had these two Horwitz copies and sold them both years ago when the idea of a reprint of ASM #1 in a foreign publication becoming valuable was deemed 'unlikely' :tonofbricks:

153608961_staus5.thumb.JPG.a64873e7ff1d7746f5daa432e9f92787.JPG   1662702929_STAus.thumb.JPG.36ba546e43d65015eabcda52607b4417.JPG

And to keep the thread on track, and compound the misery, I sold this fairly cheaply too around the same time...

110.thumb.jpg.11313e1108709c2627d199dee6ef2bbf.jpg