• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

Everyones a DD fan now. Oh geez.

Welcome to the new economy of comic book collecting. (thumbs u

At least DD has the cred of being a 50+ year old character that was also even Marvel's top selling character at one point (beating out the spider on a monthly basis).

-J.

And there are higher grade realized prices not showing in GPA, from sellers who don't report, or haven't reported recent sales yet.
I wonder why places like c-link don't report hm

Why should they ? Most dealers don't report either.

So happy to own one of these again.

When I was a comic reading kid in the 1980's, I had two mail order subscriptions: UXM, and Daredevil. I liked Daredevil because, frankly, no one else seemed to. This was after the Miller run, before the Fall From Grace storyline, when DD wasn't getting much love.

I have always had a warm place in my heart for the character.

My first #1 was a VG/F copy I bought for about $100 when I was working at a comic shop about 20 years ago. Always regretted letting it go, and swore that some day I'd get another one.

Fast forward to now, and it occurs to me that these things aren't dirt cheap anymore. The cat is long out of the bag apparently on how great DD is, and with the show doing well, these aren't getting any cheaper.

So I bit the bullet and made a deal to get a decent copy. Thanks to Brock for the hookup.

28c3t4j.jpg

And there are higher grade realized prices not showing in GPA, from sellers who don't report, or haven't reported recent sales yet.
I wonder why places like c-link don't report hm

Why should they ? Most dealers don't report either.

:makepoint:

meh

When I was a comic reading kid in the 1980's, I had two mail order subscriptions: UXM, and Daredevil. I liked Daredevil because, frankly, no one else seemed to. This was after the Miller run, before the Fall From Grace storyline, when DD wasn't getting much love.

I had the same two subs at that time. I've been buying those books graded recently and I'm always surprised how much nostalgia I have for the covers.

My first #1 was a VG/F copy I bought for about $100 when I was working at a comic shop about 20 years ago. Always regretted letting it go, and swore that some day I'd get another one.

Fast forward to now, and it occurs to me that these things aren't dirt cheap anymore. The cat is long out of the bag apparently on how great DD is, and with the show doing well, these aren't getting any cheaper.

So I bit the bullet and made a deal to get a decent copy. Thanks to Brock for the hookup.

28c3t4j.jpg

Great story for a great book - CONGRATULATIONS!!! :applause:

28c3t4j.jpg

Awesome. I was a DD reader back when it was less 'cool' than now also. I loved the underdog vibe and the tortured soul portrayal--when most of my friends were buying as much X-Men as they could in the 90s I was going back and putting storyline runs together (Nocenti, Miller, JRJR). They are among the most well read books in my collection.

I had the same two subs at that time. I've been buying those books graded recently and I'm always surprised how much nostalgia I have for the covers.

There are some really nice ones in that era for sure!

I know JRJr doesn't get a lot of love on these boards, but I still think his run with Ann Nocenti holds up well.

28c3t4j.jpg

Awesome. I was a DD reader back when it was less 'cool' than now also. I loved the underdog vibe and the tortured soul portrayal--when most of my friends were buying as much X-Men as they could in the 90s I was going back and putting storyline runs together (Nocenti, Miller, JRJR). They are among the most well read books in my collection.

That was definitely right around the time I got into the character, from Nocenti moving forward. I've always really loved Karl Kesel's lighthearted take on the character as well, which is not dissimilar from the current Mark Waid series.

28c3t4j.jpg

Very nice but I still think my 5.0 is nicer :baiting::cool: