• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

So happy to own one of these again.

When I was a comic reading kid in the 1980's, I had two mail order subscriptions: UXM, and Daredevil. I liked Daredevil because, frankly, no one else seemed to. This was after the Miller run, before the Fall From Grace storyline, when DD wasn't getting much love.

I have always had a warm place in my heart for the character.

My first #1 was a VG/F copy I bought for about $100 when I was working at a comic shop about 20 years ago. Always regretted letting it go, and swore that some day I'd get another one.

Fast forward to now, and it occurs to me that these things aren't dirt cheap anymore. The cat is long out of the bag apparently on how great DD is, and with the show doing well, these aren't getting any cheaper.

So I bit the bullet and made a deal to get a decent copy. Thanks to Brock for the hookup.

28c3t4j.jpg

Very nice but I still think my 5.0 is nicer :baiting::cool:

:sorry:

I will admit I was a little grumpy that such a nice 5.0 popped up in the thread right before I was able to post mine! :pullhair:

When I was a comic reading kid in the 1980's, I had two mail order subscriptions: UXM, and Daredevil. I liked Daredevil because, frankly, no one else seemed to. This was after the Miller run, before the Fall From Grace storyline, when DD wasn't getting much love.

My first #1 was a VG/F copy I bought for about $100 when I was working at a comic shop about 20 years ago. Always regretted letting it go, and swore that some day I'd get another one.

Fast forward to now, and it occurs to me that these things aren't dirt cheap anymore. The cat is long out of the bag apparently on how great DD is, and with the show doing well, these aren't getting any cheaper.

So I bit the bullet and made a deal to get a decent copy. Thanks to Brock for the hookup.

28c3t4j.jpg

I will admit I was a little grumpy that such a nice 5.0 popped up in the thread right before I was able to post mine! :pullhair:

Haha sorry about that bro.

28c3t4j.jpg

Haha sorry about that bro.

No worries, happy to be in good company! :foryou:

Went to my first comic book show since high school yesterday (Sunday). Nothing special (or so I thought), just a small one day show at a Crowne Plaza near where I live. I did a once around to see what was up and asked everyone if they had Daredevil keys, #1, #4, #7, #18, etc. Many people said the same thing...that someone had cleaned them out, but they were happy the character is getting some love. Thanks Netflix!

One of the dealers showed me a raw copy of #1, it was maybe in Fair condition. I mentioned that I was looking for a mid-grade CGC copy that presented well, no resto, no date stamps, writing, etc. He said he didn't have a mid-grade, but showed me a picture of this 3.0 he left at home. It looked so nice to my eyes that I said I'd love to see it in person. We chatted a little more and it turns out he works only a few metro stops from where I do, so we made plans to meet this morning so I could look at the book. Well, this picture below doesn't do it justice, but this is such a nice 3.0 that I bought it on the spot. He also sold me a VG copy of #4.

All in all, I think I purchased about 30-40 Daredevil books at the show, but this was a truly wonderful surprise to land this #1. The best part was the price, less than half of what I had put aside for a 4.0-6.0 copy. Maybe I'll upgrade someday, but so happy to be in the club!

155414.jpg.85067ab931dd256a80ba581d6d38f805.jpg

Went to my first comic book show since high school yesterday (Sunday). Nothing special (or so I thought), just a small one day show at a Crowne Plaza near where I live. I did a once around to see what was up and asked everyone if they had Daredevil keys, #1, #4, #7, #18, etc. Many people said the same thing...that someone had cleaned them out, but they were happy the character is getting some love. Thanks Netflix!

One of the dealers showed me a raw copy of #1, it was maybe in Fair condition. I mentioned that I was looking for a mid-grade CGC copy that presented well, no resto, no date stamps, writing, etc. He said he didn't have a mid-grade, but showed me a picture of this 3.0 he left at home. It looked so nice to my eyes that I said I'd love to see it in person. We chatted a little more and it turns out he works only a few metro stops from where I do, so we made plans to meet this morning so I could look at the book. Well, this picture below doesn't do it justice, but this is such a nice 3.0 that I bought it on the spot. He also sold me a VG copy of #4.

All in all, I think I purchased about 30-40 Daredevil books at the show, but this was a truly wonderful surprise to land this #1. The best part was the price, less than half of what I had put aside for a 4.0-6.0 copy. Maybe I'll upgrade someday, but so happy to be in the club!

Very nice copy, you should hold onto the lower grade one as long as it presents well of course. Nothing like paying less for a copy that looks higher then it should be. Seems there is a few DD1 s lately looking under graded.

Thank you! I had such a fun time at the show, everyone was so nice. I've definitely caught the DD bug.

Yeah, that show is great. Can't wait for season two I just hope they do a punisher :cool: