• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Jersey Comic Con-March 1st, 2015 Cherry Hill NJ

17 posts in this topic

The South Jersey Comic-Con & Toy Bonanza

is a collector's dream come true!

Golden Age though Modern Age Comics

Graphic Novels

Action Figures

Collectibles

and much MUCH MORE!!!

Crazy Awesome 3PM Door Prize Drawings!!!!!!

Come and join us on

Sunday, March 1st

10 am - 4 pm

Holiday Inn Route 70 East

Cherry Hill, NJ

Located minutes

from the Ben Franklin Bridge

Doors open at 10AM!

Admission $3.00

Children Under 10 FREE!

FREE Comic Packs for the

FIRST 100 attendees!

Be there for the

three o'clock drawing

for our BIG door prizes!!

Door Prizes for the March 1st event to be announced shortly..........To get an idea of how sweet the door prizes will be on March 1st, here is what we GAVE AWAY to some lucky attendees at the last South Jersey Comic Con 3PM Door Prize Drawing......

DC Unlimited Darkseid Figure

Galactus Metal Bottle Opener

Digital Arts Tutorial: Beginning Coloring DVD

Transformers vs. GI Joe San Diego Comic-Con

PX Exclusive - Limited to 3000 copies

Uncanny X-Men #23

Days of Future past LEGO cover

PX San Diego Exclusive limited to 6000 copies

V Wars #0 FCBD signed by the author

Jonathan Mayberry

Deadpool #34 3-D Dancing Deadpool Variant

Amazing Spiderman #1 Retailers’ Summit Lego Variant

Invincible #111 Retailers’ Summit Variant

MPH #1 Retailers’ Summit Variant

Futures End #1 Retailers’ Summit Variant

Saga #19 Retailers’ Summit Variant

Walking Dead #127 Retailers’ Summit Variant

(The Retailers’ Variants were given out at the Diamond Seminar in Las Vegas in the spring. Very rare. The only way to get them was to have a comic book store and attend the seminar. Not a lot of stores east of the Mississippi were at the seminar.’Nuff said.)

Hope to see you at the show.

For more information call

856-848-6347 or visit

www.frankensteincomics.com

https://www.facebook.com/events/411516579024489/

A partial list of vendors at the March 1st show can be viewed below.All vendor tables are SOLD OUT.

I'll be set up with 2 tables full of goodies, stop by and introduce yourself:)

The Copper Age Kids (Colin O'Malley)

PlunderPalace

Comic Lair

Cult Fiction

Comic Book Store

Stormwatch Comics

Primo Comics

Panther Collectibles

Quakerhead

Tim Quicksell

Henry Itzi

Guy Rossi

Mike DeCarl

Primo Comics

Recession Comics and

Frankenstein Comics

The attendance at this show is 600-1000 every time, so there is no question wether it will or will not be a well attended show.800 or so people is a lot, for a smaller room show that has 20 or so dealers.

Primocomics (Dave Braunstien) is a vendor there, I think he posts on here.....or at least I know that he offers/carries a lot of CGC books on eBay and at shows.

I just don't think a lot of people who frequent *this* board go to this particular show...which is probably a good thing for those of us who post on here and do go to this show....

They will be there.....I picked up a # 41 last week, which is a solid FN 6.0 (raw) ...although, I only have a handful of other silver Spidey's.

But there are three other dealers I know that have a few single digit number Spidey's....

And......

Alex and his guys (The Comic Book Store) have a ASM # 1....a slabbed 2.0 (could be a 2.5 or 3.0, I can't recall offhand) that they will have on their wall.

Tell 'em I sent ya;)

I used to set up every month at the Philly (actually,it's Essington PA) show so I know what the Essington show is like.That said, I would never pick Philly (essington) over the South Jersey Con.....either as a exhibitor or as an attendee.

The Cherry Hill (South Jersey Con) show is IMHO hands down the top of the one day/smaller shows on the east coast.

The Cherry Hill show is simply muuuuucccch livelier than the Essington show.

For what it's worth, I have nothing to do with either show, as far as being a promoter.

I'm an exhibitor and I only created this thread to help spread the good word about the South Jersey Con:)

Edit:

For clarification, I do not consider the Big Apple Con to be a "smaller" show.

Very nice show. Didn't get too much as my budget was kind of small, but managed to pick up a decent copy of Conan #24 for a very good price. I would definitely go to this one again.

I had wanted to go but by noon the weather here was bad. Too far to drive in ice. Sounds like it was a good show.

Yeah, it was a good show, as always.

The promoter (Bille Beade,owner of Frankenstien Comics in Woodbury NJ) always puts on a good show......even with the lousy weather, the attendance figure was 568.(excluding vendors).Last time around I think the attendance was around 900.

The next South Jersey Con will be in 3 months but in the meantime, Bill will be expanding and putting on another convention in a nearby area soon.......which I will for sure have tables at....and I will post up the relevant info on this forum, when I get the details:)

I also met up with a couple boardies at the show....Wombat, albeit briefly, as I was adding new stock into my boxes when he came up to my table.Nice guy though, I can say that.

I also met Costas, another boardie, who gave me 3 books to press and dry clean for him , in order for them to be submitted to CGC at the Big Apple Con next weekend......

Hulk 181 , a raw GD/VG with heavy folding but nice eye appeal...when I get done with it, it should grade out around VG/FN.

The other two are Shazam 1 (1970's) and Amazing Spiderman 678. (Mary Jane Venom variant cover).

I'm going to get these 3 done before tackling the stack of my own books which need to be pressed and dry cleaned before CGC submission at the Big Apple, and adding new stock/orginizing for the Big Apple on Sunday.