• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but Graphitti Designs has a new set of signed and remarqued gallery editions of Sandman by Sam Kieth up for sale. The regular unsigned gallery edition was available for sale at NYCC.

Link for the lazy for the Kieth remarqued edition ($600!) - http://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop/THE-SANDMAN-Gallery-Edition-Kieth-Remarqued-Edition-GESANDsk11.html

I don't work for GD but would love to see if anyone else plans to grab one and show off the remarques.

Thanks a ton - been waiting for that link to show up somewhere.

I'll show off my copy when it arrives :thumbsup:

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that's a cracked-out CGC 9.4 copy that was regraded by PGX - I saw the PGX guy buy it at a show last year (I looked at the book too). It was a solid 9.4, but definitely not a 9.8.

It would not surprise me at all if that were true. :tonofbricks:

-J.

As promised, photos of the Sandman Gallery remarked edition that just showed up today. This book is huge (16lbs was the weight on the box)!

sandman-gallery-1.jpg

sandman-gallery-2.jpg

sandman-gallery-3.jpg

sandman-gallery-4.jpg

sandman-gallery-5.jpg

And, of course, the Sam Kieth sketch on the interior:

sandman-gallery-6.jpg

sandman-gallery-7.jpg

Looks like this edition was limited to 30, not 10 - this is copy number 5.

Gorgeous book in general - and even more so because of the sketch. Well worth the cash!

@ mschmidt: Beautiful art book you've got there! I've got a couple of qns regarding this remarked edition:

1) Is the sketch in pencil?

2) Is the sketch on a bookplate or a binded page?

Yep, it's a pencil/charcoal sketch. It's not on a bookplate, but rather on an interior, bound page.

Also - for those who were curious about the numbering, I spoke to the people at Graphitti and they clarified that there are only 10 copies with the Kieth Sketches (of which this is #5).

They were planning to do a P. Craig Russell sketched edition too (which would be numbered 15 to 30), but, according to them, it's pretty unlikely this will ever happen.

@ mschmidt: Beautiful art book you've got there! I've got a couple of qns regarding this remarked edition:

1) Is the sketch in pencil?

2) Is the sketch on a bookplate or a binded page?

Yep, it's a pencil/charcoal sketch. It's not on a bookplate, but rather on an interior, bound page.

Also - for those who were curious about the numbering, I spoke to the people at Graphitti and they clarified that there are only 10 copies with the Kieth Sketches (of which this is #5).

They were planning to do a P. Craig Russell sketched edition too (which would be numbered 15 to 30), but, according to them, it's pretty unlikely this will ever happen.

Wasn't questioning the authenticity of the piece.

It's fantastic. It would be a keeper piece for me. An incredible rendering.

I picked up a run in a collection last fall that has a #1 signed by Gaiman and McKean from a show that the OO went to in the late 80s or early 90s. Unfortunately, it pre-dates sig series so the signatures are a detractor. lol

On the positive, I sent in the #8 and it is coming back as a 9.8 so I may have to submit a few of the other books as well.