• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

Very nice Dave!! That was an awesome find, bet you're glad you stopped there on that vacation

Definitely! Went back there again last week when I was in town. I didn't find anything big but the employee did let me look through a stack of old Flash comics that just came in from a collection. All un-bagged and beat up, but there was a #139 and some others. Flash just isn't my thing.

At the time the Sandman #8 was the most I ever paid for a raw comic (which really wasn't that much), but I did a lot of calculating instead of just forking over the money!

I got into Sandman when I picked up issue #6 off the shelf at my LCS back in high school and it immediately became my main book, along with Batman, through until the end of the run (which is about when I was getting out of comics/graduating college). Somewhere around here I have the original Death watch (with the moving skull hand) and the "How would you feel about life….?" t-shirt, which I wore the heck out of. I have both 1 and 8 9.8's, but instead here's my OO copy of #8 which I got signed by Gaiman and McKean back in the early 90's at DragonCon. I'd love to track Mike Dringenberg down at a show to complete the hat-trick. For me, he was the definitive artist on the series. I also got Neil to sign my "Don't Panic" guide to Hitchiker's, which is signed by Douglas Adams as well.

Sandman8sig_zpslha6v49r.jpg DontPanicsig_zpsomrxrpho.jpg

Here's my copy that I thought I would share. Picked it up at a garage sale last year. It was the only one of the Sandman books that was in a bag & board. Issues were 1 - 10 with a couple missing. Sadly no #8. Can't believe I waited so long to send this in. Was ecstatic when I found out it hit 9.8 :cloud9:<a  href=IMG_4017_zpseo1ap9z8.jpg' alt='IMG_4017_

So.....

I've not been on the groups long, nor have I posted all that frequently and I'm certainly not an expert but I am proud to finally put this up here.

One for the boardies!

29ckx9c.jpg

I now have no money.... :ohnoez:

Maybe I should've bought a scanner first?!

So.....

I've not been on the groups long, nor have I posted all that frequently and I'm certainly not an expert but I am proud to finally put this up here.

One for the boardies!

29ckx9c.jpg

Nice!

This is the copy that sold for $2k back in 2014, right?

I believe it is, I hounded the original owner for over a year as I'd bought a lower grade from him originally.

Luckily for me, he required some cash and I was fortunate enough to still be pestering him at the time.

Stoked to own this, I believe you have an excellent collection of Sandman stuff mschmidt and by no means will I ever get close (not if the wife has anything to say about it anyhow...)

Try 3346.00 back in 2015 :fear:

So.....

One for the boardies!

29ckx9c.jpg

Nice!

This is the copy that sold for $2k back in 2014, right?