• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2022 at 8:11 PM, MAR1979 said:

50-60% less than earlier this year and sinking.  BIN's sit on eBay at $375 with no takers. My guess and regular auction it settles in $250 range.

I don’t need high grade, I’ll look at raws. I’m only about 15 issues from completing the run. I do wish netflix would go ahead and announce a 2nd season.

On 10/28/2022 at 12:03 AM, Microchip said:

Checking out GPA, Death is taking a hammering right now.

Thankfully, I paid less than cover price for my copy, one of 10 copies I purchased at my LCS at the time (either Sunshine Comics or A & M Comics and Books, both in Miami, FL). The other 9 copies are in storage.

I'll also note that the copy I posted has white pages, not off-white to white pages. However, as discussed on these boards many times, CGC apparently frequently assigns such and if the comic book is submitted again the pages are designated white.

(Edit) SC and A & M sold pristine copies 99.9% of the time. Some of them, I'll dare say, are very likely 9.9 and 10. However, they will (more) very likely receive 9.8 from CGC when or if I ever submit them for grading

2270312_Full_Rev.jpg?t=OS83LzIwMTggMzozOTo0MiBQTQ%3d%3d

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
To add back cover scan.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:42 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Thankfully, I paid less than cover price for my copy, one of 10 copies I purchased at my LCS at the time (either Sunshine Comics or A & M Comics and Books, both in Miami, FL). The other 9 copies are in storage.

I'll also note that the copy I posted has white pages, not off-white to white pages. However, as discussed on these boards many times, CGC apparently frequently assigns such and if the comic book is submitted again the pages are designated white.

(Edit) SC and A & M sold pristine copies 99.9% of the time. Some of them, I'll dare say, are very likely 9.9 and 10. However, they will (more) very likely receive 9.8 from CGC when or if I ever submit them for grading

2270312_Full_Rev.jpg?t=OS83LzIwMTggMzozOTo0MiBQTQ%3d%3d

^ I think 1 or 2 graders recently in bad lighting or have let their power go to their heads. Thus on resubmit other graders give the book what it deserves.

On a copper book from what ive seen ow/w is a 25% hit on value

That said #8 is somewhat condition sensitive. Any minor color loss will not be a 9.8 and the back of that book is highly subject to rubs

Edited by MAR1979

On 10/28/2022 at 6:01 PM, MAR1979 said:

^ I think 1 or 2 graders in a bad lighting or have let their power go to their heads. Thus on resubmit other graders give the book what it deserves.

On a copper book from what ive seen ow/w is a 25% hit on value

That said #8 is somewhat condition sensitive. Any minor color loss will not be a 9.8 and the back of that book is highly subject to rubs

Concerning ow/w pages prices, thankfully, at least for the foreseeable future, I do not plan to sell my sole graded Sandman 8 or 4 (I'll have to locate the copy of 4 I had CGC grade and scan it). The 4 correctly graded 9.8 with white pages. The 4 was also either a SC or A & M purchase-you think I would recall, but I purchased thousands upon thousands of issues from them over the years as well as from Westfield Comics mail order when you mailed in your paper order form with your check payment. I lost track of what boxes 99% of my comic books are in despite believing many years ago that I would always remember. lol

Since I have never, and may never, resubmit a comic book to CGC, the 8 will have to stand as incorrectly designated with ow/w pages. I'll also note that I have at least ten, perhaps 15, copies of Sandman number 1 but only one copy with me as the others, along with my other copies of 4, 8, etc., are in climate controlled storage in Florida (safe from flooding and, I hope, hurricanes-very likely wishful thinking at least on the latter).

5139952_Full_Rev.jpg?t=MTIvMTgvMjAyMiAxOjE4OjQ4IFBN

I located the scan of the copy of issue 4 I had graded. This is also an OO copy and one of 15 that I purchased-I looked at my hand written log from when I was a young adult (I still am :roflmao:) and for whatever reason (greed springs to mind) I purchased 15 copies each of issues 1 to 5. I also note that I purchased 20 copies of issue 8, not 10 (super greed).

5139952_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MTIvMTgvMjAyMiAxOjE4OjQ4IFBN

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
To add pics of issue #4.