• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

413 posts in this topic

I am pretty confident this will be good. James Mangold has delivered so far and the trailer looks good. I am also pretty confident that Transformers Rise of the Beasts is same kinda trash than rest of Transformers movies after watching that trailer. That trailer had it all. Loud sounds, constant action and cherry on top those Notorious BIG samples. Perfect!

On 6/22/2021 at 12:27 PM, Bill C said:

Yeah the rumor is Indy goes back in time and fights Nazis along side his deep fake younger self.

Old Indy dies and the girl who is his teaching assistant (who time travels with him) becomes the new (female) "Indy"

I heard that one of the "alternate endings" that was shot shows her in a montage of iconic "Indiana Jones" moments, basically rewriting canon and claiming the "history" as her own. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, MR SigS said:

I heard that one of the "alternate endings" that was shot shows her in a montage of iconic "Indiana Jones" moments, basically rewriting canon and claiming the "history" as her own. 

Heard that too. It wouldn't surprise me if it's true, which is why I won't see it in the theater unless I hear that is not the case.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:45 PM, godzilla43 said:

I am pretty confident this will be good. James Mangold has delivered so far and the trailer looks good. I am also pretty confident that Transformers Rise of the Beasts is same kinda trash than rest of Transformers movies after watching that trailer. That trailer had it all. Loud sounds, constant action and cherry on top those Notorious BIG samples. Perfect!

Really?  I think it looks god awful. 

Really time travel again Disney? :eyeroll:

This movie could be the biggest flop is Disney History. 

The rumors look to be true.  

It appears everything people have feared will becoming true.

Obviously Indiana Jones is going to die.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 12/2/2022 at 1:45 AM, godzilla43 said:

Looks like another Disney dumpster fire. Looking forward to Indy dying and the god daughter taking his place.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:09 PM, D84 said:

Heard that too. It wouldn't surprise me if it's true, which is why I won't see it in the theater unless I hear that is not the case.

Indiana Jones is my favorite film series. If they try to do something like this, then Disney can go :censored: themselves.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:12 AM, Larryw7 said:

But I did read that Lucas and Spielberg are executive producers. They wouldn't let this happen... would they?

There was already a massive divide with Indian Jones over the Crystal Skull.  Only Lucas liked and wanted to do the story, and wore Ford and Spielberg down till they relented, over about a 10 year period. You can see how that went.

I think Lucas and Spielberg have little to nothing to do with this film, they are listed solely based on rights issues, and screen writer rules.  Lucas was already cut out of Lucasfilm with all the Star Wars drama.  Remeber the treatment he gave Disney that were conpmetely ignored? So he is not being consulted. Spielberg was done this after IJ4, and has moved on. This is purely a Kethleen Kennedy movie.

On 12/3/2022 at 11:52 PM, drotto said:

There was already a massive divide with Indian Jones over the Crystal Skull.  Only Lucas liked and wanted to do the story, and wore Ford and Spielberg down till they relented, over about a 10 year period. You can see how that went.

I think Lucas and Spielberg have little to nothing to do with this film, they are listed solely based on rights issues, and screen writer rules.  Lucas was already cut out of Lucasfilm with all the Star Wars drama.  Remeber the treatment he gave Disney that were conpmetely ignored? So he is not being consulted. Spielberg was done this after IJ4, and has moved on. This is purely a Kethleen Kennedy movie.

You sure this was a Kennedy movie? I don't recall seeing a revolving door of directors. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:11 AM, Cat said:

You sure this was a Kennedy movie? I don't recall seeing a revolving door of directors. 

She is the head of Disney Lucasfilm, and has been the lead producer on Disney Star Wars.  She is the lead producer on this and is reported to be very involved in the movie.  

On 12/4/2022 at 2:06 AM, drotto said:

She is the head of Disney Lucasfilm, and has been the lead producer on Disney Star Wars.  She is the lead producer on this and is reported to be very involved in the movie.  

It was a joke about her mishandling of the Star Wars franchise, and how every project seems to involve a revolving door of directors being before started or, more usually, cancelled.