• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

413 posts in this topic

Love the video just released of John Willams in France saying they are possibly reshooting the end of Indy 5, and he may be going to have to re-score it when it is done.

Wonder what us being changed after they said this movie was in the can months ago.

Edited by drotto

On 12/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, drotto said:

Love the video just released of John Willams in France saying they are possibly reshooting the end of Indy 5, and he may be going to have to re-score it when it is done.

Wonder what us being changed after they said this movie was in the can months ago.

OH nooo

How does that make sense...

I mean, it could be a good thing? I don't understand that. It just makes me fearful and I am really looking forward to Indy 5. I grew up with Indiana, and if this movie is the last of them, it would be so great to end on a high note.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, drotto said:

If the rumors I've read (and again, I say rumors) are true about this film, then they need to go back rewrite and reshoot the whole thing.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:44 AM, D2 said:

OH nooo

How does that make sense...

I mean, it could be a good thing? I don't understand that. It just makes me fearful and I am really looking forward to Indy 5. I grew up with Indiana, and if this movie is the last of them, it would be so great to end on a high note.

There have been a lot of rumors about negative test screenings with the movie, centering around the ending the last few weeks.  Granted, they have come from usually less then reliable sources, but they did get a fair amount of traction. Maybe, some of them were closer to the truth this time than Disney was  comfortable with, and they are making adjustments based on those screenings, and leaks?

On 12/16/2022 at 11:53 AM, drotto said:

There have been a lot of rumors about negative test screenings with the movie, centering around the ending the last few weeks.  Granted, they have come from usually less then reliable sources, but they did get a fair amount of traction. Maybe, some of them were closer to the truth this time than Disney was  comfortable with, and they are making adjustments based on those screenings, and leaks?

If what you are saying is true, then your post above does validate that.

That's so tough. The movie trailer was so good (at least in my eyes). It felt very much what The Force Awakens did, was hit those notes.

But how many trailers have you seen that were magical, and the movie is a dud. 

Oh this hurts my soul. 

On 12/16/2022 at 11:58 AM, D2 said:

If what you are saying is true, then your post above does validate that.

That's so tough. The movie trailer was so good (at least in my eyes). It felt very much what The Force Awakens did, was hit those notes.

But how many trailers have you seen that were magical, and the movie is a dud. 

Oh this hurts my soul. 

Read this at your own risk.  This is the rumor from several less then reliable sources.

Spoiler

Several ending were shot.  It is a time travel story. In all of them the God Daughter takes up the mantle.  In most versions old Indy dies. In one version young Imdy dies, thus erasing old Indy and in fact Indy as we know him from history. In the final version the God Daughter is shown replacing Ford in iconic scenes.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:08 PM, drotto said:

Read this at your own risk.  This is the rumor from several less then reliable sources.

Hide contents

Several ending were shot.  It is a time travel story. In all of them the God Daughter takes up the mantle.  In most versions old Indy dies. In one version young Imdy dies, thus erasing old Indy and in fact Indy as we know him from history. In the final version the God Daughter is shown replacing Ford in iconic scenes.

:censored:

ALL OF THESE ENDINGS SUCK!

I am so mad!

I do appreciate you sharing

On 12/16/2022 at 11:52 AM, media_junkie said:

If the rumors I've read (and again, I say rumors) are true about this film, then they need to go back rewrite and reshoot the whole thing.

Unfortunately, the title of the film, leaked set photos, and the trailer seem to at least partially confirm many of the rumors that have been circulating for at least the last year plus. 

On 12/16/2022 at 11:08 AM, drotto said:

Hide contents

Sounds like season 4 of Manifest lol

On 12/22/2022 at 5:55 PM, Buzzetta said:

Not a fan of what I am hearing.

Henry Jones Jr is Indiana Jones.  Want to replace the actor?  Sure.  I could see that if you want to tell new stories and recast the role.  To erase him though?  Meh 

That is where the female Ghostbusters movie failed.  Audiences love Kristen Wiig.  They love Melissa McCarthy.  Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon are very funny.  What's the problem then?  When people want to see Ghostbusters even thirty years later they want to see Bill Murray go up against ghosts and riff jokes.  Ghostbusters Afterlife delivered on that which is why people embraced it. Paul Rudd was along for the ride with relatives of Egon and then the payoff was in the end when the remaining original Ghostbusters suited up again.  It even left the door open for Winston to lead a new team. 

Indiana Jones.  We want to see Indy go on one last adventure and leave audiences smiling because at the end he is still out there and not, "erased from existence."

I might steal this movie or get the spoilers before I throw some cash at it.  It opens on my birthday too. 

I agree.

The last thing i want to see is the character killed off and replaced by a female.

On 12/24/2022 at 1:11 AM, Artboy99 said:

I agree.

The last thing i want to see is the character killed off and replaced by a female.

Not what I said though. 

I don't want to see him replaced.  Don't replace him with the son.  Don't replace him with a god daughter. 

Indiana Jones is Henry Jones Jr.  If they ever want to recast the role and they find the right guy... I get it if they want to tell more stories.  The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was not bad and it featured a younger Indiana Jones that wasn't Harrison Ford.  It still kind of worked with Sean Patrick Flannery and that was because it was all about the same character. 

On 12/24/2022 at 5:14 AM, Buzzetta said:

Not what I said though. 

I don't want to see him replaced.  Don't replace him with the son.  Don't replace him with a god daughter. 

Indiana Jones is Henry Jones Jr.  If they ever want to recast the role and they find the right guy... I get it if they want to tell more stories.  The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was not bad and it featured a younger Indiana Jones that wasn't Harrison Ford.  It still kind of worked with Sean Patrick Flannery and that was because it was all about the same character. 

I agree. They have recast other roles: James Bond, Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Jack Ryan, etc.

Edited by Artboy99

I want this to succeed.

Indiana Jones is one of the most powerful and beloved influences of my childhood. 

I also understand that it’s a matter of enjoying what you’ve got.

Harrison Ford’s tenure as Indiana Jones will inevitably come to an end, and no one is like Harrison Ford. Much like no one is like me and no one is like you. 

Replacing him won’t make a difference. Indiana Jones ends when Harrison Ford ends. 

On 12/24/2022 at 12:18 PM, D2 said:

I want this to succeed.

Indiana Jones is one of the most powerful and beloved influences of my childhood. 

I also understand that it’s a matter of enjoying what you’ve got.

Harrison Ford’s tenure as Indiana Jones will inevitably come to an end, and no one is like Harrison Ford. Much like no one is like me and no one is like you. 

Replacing him won’t make a difference. Indiana Jones ends when Harrison Ford ends. 

In today's Hollywood unfortunately every thing has to end where the woman is the smartest, strongest and saves the day or they won't make the movie. Very few have broke this trend as of late.

On 12/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, Mmanick said:

In today's Hollywood unfortunately every thing has to end where the woman is the smartest, strongest and saves the day or they won't make the movie. Very few have broke this trend as of late.

I watched Strange World this morning…

The movie premise is about a civilization that is cut off from the world, surrounded by mountains, with no access. 

And in this little city is every single different type of human race, because we need full inclusion. Even though that’s not how evolution works, and the concept is literally impossible, but the woke message is too strong. 

7619DFB3-45DB-4A74-A40B-81E774092AB9.jpeg

On 12/24/2022 at 8:12 PM, D2 said:

I watched Strange World this morning…

The movie premise is about a civilization that is cut off from the world, surrounded by mountains, with no access. 

And in this little city is every single different type of human race, because we need full inclusion. Even though that’s not how evolution works, and the concept is literally impossible, but the woke message is too strong. 

7619DFB3-45DB-4A74-A40B-81E774092AB9.jpeg

"Strange World" budget - $180 million (not including advertising), WW Gross $58 million.

Get woke, go broke.

Between this one and "Lightyear" being another bomb ($222 million box office on a $200 million budget, not including advertising) you'd think Disney would learn to lift the foot off the "Woke" pedal.