• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

413 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 8:56 PM, D84 said:

So $300 million to make, which doesn't cover advertising, and you know if they put $300 million into it they are going to advertise the hell out of it.  So lets say it ends up at $450 million all in (making and advertising) at the low end of the 2.5x this movie will have to make $1.125 billion before it starts making a profit.  And again from what I am reading of how this film is going to end, it may do well opening weekend, but once word of mouth gets out it is going to fall off quick.

I may be wrong, the rumors I've read may be wrong (I hope they are), but this just seems crazy to me.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:33 PM, media_junkie said:

So $300 million to make, which doesn't cover advertising, and you know if they put $300 million into it they are going to advertise the hell out of it.  So lets say it ends up at $450 million all in (making and advertising) at the low end of the 2.5x this movie will have to make $1.125 billion before it starts making a profit.  And again from what I am reading of how this film is going to end, it may do well opening weekend, but once word of mouth gets out it is going to fall off quick.

I may be wrong, the rumors I've read may be wrong (I hope they are), but this just seems crazy to me.

There have been more rumors that the film has undergone a significant amount of reshoots, and is being heavily edited. If you want to believe these things, the reason Phebe Waller-Bridge is basically only in one scene of the final trailer, and is shown in peril is because her character's role in the film has been reduced and reworked. I do not think the end of the movie will end up looking anything like the rumors, and Disney will deny and destroy and evidence that those ending ever existed. 

On 3/3/2023 at 12:33 PM, drotto said:

There have been more rumors that the film has undergone a significant amount of reshoots, and is being heavily edited. If you want to believe these things, the reason Phebe Waller-Bridge is basically only in one scene of the final trailer, and is shown in peril is because her character's role in the film has been reduced and reworked. I do not think the end of the movie will end up looking anything like the rumors, and Disney will deny and destroy and evidence that those ending ever existed. 

Shame they didn’t do that with the end of Rise of Skywalker.  Or all of Rise of Skywalker for that matter.

Edited by mattn792

On 3/3/2023 at 1:33 PM, drotto said:

Let's hope.  However I still will not be seeing it opening weekend, for sure going to wait for reviews and chatter before I plunk down money and get fooled, this is Disney we are talking about after all.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:38 AM, D84 said:

Why the :censored: would you use Sympathy for the Devil in an Indiana Jones trailer?

Because it is set in the 1968-1969 when the song came out.

The trailer takes a few steps to reinforce the idea that this takes place decades after Raiders from the music cues to the space helmets on the subway. 

On 2/9/2023 at 10:33 PM, media_junkie said:

It gets further complicated since Paramount reportedly has a financial stake in the film as well. 

"Paramount retains rights to the first four films and “will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released,” says the statement from the studios."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/disney-takes-control-indiana-jones-663704/

Edited by Buzzetta

On 4/8/2023 at 12:39 PM, Buzzetta said:

It gets further complicated since Paramount reportedly has a financial stake in the film as well. 

"Paramount retains rights to the first four films and “will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released,” says the statement from the studios."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/disney-takes-control-indiana-jones-663704/

Plus,how much has now been spent in the latest round of reshoots, edits, and new special effects?