• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's Indiana Jones
3 3

411 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Lucasfilm wants to continue the Indiana Jones story, they'd do better I think to continue the story with his son or something. I thought that was the plan with Shia LeBouf. Either way, Chris Pratt as a younger Indiana Jones isn't good imo. Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr. is an Ivy League Professor of Archaeology, a byronic hero with an understated wry sense of humor. That's Harrison Ford. If you want goofy beefcake bro, you get Chris Pratt. But that's not Indy.

d820a6360aac17636fc6e23ed0408ffb.jpg

22 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Lucasfilm wants to continue the Indiana Jones story, they'd do better I think to continue the story with his son or something. I thought that was the plan with Shia LeBouf. Either way, Chris Pratt as a younger Indiana Jones isn't good imo. Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr. is an Ivy League Professor of Archaeology, a byronic hero with an understated wry sense of humor. That's Harrison Ford. If you want goofy beefcake bro, you get Chris Pratt. But that's not Indy.

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

As long as we get Tom Hanks as his sidekick, Short Round.

"Doctor Jones? Doctor Jones? Wow! Holy Smoke! Crash landing!"

47 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

As long as we get Tom Hanks as his sidekick, Short Round.

"Doctor Jones? Doctor Jones? Wow! Holy Smoke! Crash landing!"

I came across an article a little whiles back criticizing fan backlash over the nuke the fridge sequence.  

They stated it was no less believable than surviving a fall in the Himalayas on a raft, not drowning after tying yourself (as revealed in the comics) on a submarine or any of the hocus pocus religious related sequences such as a grail knight, fixing gunshots with holy water, or the sankara stones. 

I love the adventure aspects. For me, it does not have to end with Ford.   I mean, Nimoy is iconic but Quinto made a damn well pretty good Spock.  

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I came across an article a little whiles back criticizing fan backlash over the nuke the fridge sequence.  

They stated it was no less believable than surviving a fall in the Himalayas on a raft, not drowning after tying yourself (as revealed in the comics) on a submarine or any of the hocus pocus religious related sequences such as a grail knight, fixing gunshots with holy water, or the sankara stones. 

I love the adventure aspects. For me, it does not have to end with Ford.   I mean, Nimoy is iconic but Quinto made a damn well pretty good Spock.  

Chris Pratt's comedy lines and action figure characteristics would carry this forward for years.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Chris Pratt's comedy lines and action figure characteristics would carry this forward for years.

You just gave me a terrible idea.  lol 

There is a facebook group that I am a part of that lives breathes and dies Indiana Jones.  I like it, but I am not pestering Harrison Ford outside of Target dressed like Indiana Jones to get him to sign a trinket, you know what I mean? 

I should ask one of the guys in the Plastic Crack thread that is good at customs to use a Pratt head from the Jurassic Park figures and custom fit it to an Indiana Jones figure and then post it in that group to say I discovered a mock up that Hasbro is shopping around for their Indiana Jones line. 

I am a terrible person. 

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay, sure, they're "acting." However, in moviemaking, you don't just hire any decent actor for any role assuming they'll just "act" the character properly in accordance with the director's vision or the history of said character. A lot of times, an actor is hired who looks the part and also has some characteristics close to the vision of the character. The "acting" then comes in when conveying excitement, fear, danger, love, etc. 

As I see it, Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford. Through three great movies and one good one, they are one and the same. Ever watch Harrison Ford on the Tonight Show? It's basically Indiana Jones on the Tonight show.

Chris Pratt couldn't be more different from Harrison Ford, both in their look and their mental character. Harrison Ford has rugged good looks, kind of like Humphrey Bogart. There's also an intellectualness to Harrison Ford that comes through in his acting. You can believe that Harrison Ford is really a Professor of Archeology at an Ivy League School who also robs graves. These traits combine to give Ford's onscreen presence a deeper dark undertone, which is probably why his three greatest screen roles are all anti-heroes (Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Blade Runner). Chris Pratt is the opposite of that. Pratt has boyish good looks, as in cute. Chris Pratt also doesn't have, imo, the intellectual undertone of Ford, so important to the character of Indiana Jones. Chris Pratt is a goofy meatball in Community, in the Guardians of the Galaxy, to a degree in Jurassic World, and in real life. Ever watch him interview on Tonight Show or guest host Jimmy Kimmel? It's basically Star-Lord. I can't look at Chris Pratt and believe that he is an Ivy League Professor of Archeology who robs graves. He's more like the bro who snuck into an Ivy League school for all the chicks, played Lacrosse, was a class clown, and robs graves for the money instead of the museum.

Chris Pratt is not Indiana Jones and, IMO, wouldn't be able to act the part properly.

But if we're to believe Steven Spielberg, it's a moot point, and Dr. Jones won't be recast for the movies. If Disney/Lucasfilm wants to continue to make money off the character, I think they would be better off making a Disney+ show, a "Further Adventures of" Mandalorian type thing, using a lesser known actor who is closer to the part of the character than lovable bumkin Chris Pratt.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Okay, sure, they're "acting." However, in moviemaking, you don't just hire any decent actor for any role assuming they'll just "act" the character properly in accordance with the director's vision or the history of said character. A lot of times, an actor is hired who looks the part and also has some characteristics close to the vision of the character. The "acting" then comes in when conveying excitement, fear, danger, love, etc. 

As I see it, Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford. Through three great movies and one good one, they are one and the same. Ever watch Harrison Ford on the Tonight Show? It's basically Indiana Jones on the Tonight show.

Chris Pratt couldn't be more different from Harrison Ford, both in their look and their mental character. Harrison Ford has rugged good looks, kind of like Humphrey Bogart. There's also an intellectualness to Harrison Ford that comes through in his acting. You can believe that Harrison Ford is really a Professor of Archeology at an Ivy League School who also robs graves. These traits combine to give Ford's onscreen presence a deeper dark undertone, which is probably why his three greatest screen roles are all anti-heroes (Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Blade Runner). Chris Pratt is the opposite of that. Pratt has boyish good looks, as in cute. Chris Pratt also doesn't have, imo, the intellectual undertone of Ford, so important to the character of Indiana Jones. Chris Pratt is a goofy meatball in Community, in the Guardians of the Galaxy, to a degree in Jurassic World, and in real life. Ever watch him interview on Tonight Show or guest host Jimmy Kimmel? It's basically Star-Lord. I can't look at Chris Pratt and believe that he is an Ivy League Professor of Archeology who robs graves. He's more like the bro who snuck into an Ivy League school for all the chicks, played Lacrosse, was a class clown, and robs graves for the money instead of the museum.

Chris Pratt is not Indiana Jones and, IMO, wouldn't be able to act the part properly.

But if we're to believe Steven Spielberg, it's a moot point, and Dr. Jones won't be recast for the movies. If Disney/Lucasfilm wants to continue to make money off the character, I think they would be better off making a Disney+ show, a "Further Adventures of" Mandalorian type thing, using a lesser known actor who is closer to the part of the character than lovable bumkin Chris Pratt.

I disagree that Ford is the same as Indiana Jones and no one else is capable of filling the role. 

When they eventually recast, I will watch it. 

‘Indiana Jones 5’: David Koepp on Why He’s No Longer Writing the -script

My biggest takeaway is that it looks like they are back to square one. 

https://collider.com/david-koepp-confirms-not-on-indiana-jones-5/

1 hour ago, RedRaven said:

With the development of deep-fake technology lets just keep young Harrison Ford as Indiana for perpetuity.

That always depends on the estate of the actor.  

Many of the highest paid actors may not want that done or their image exploited like that. 

Spielberg's Indiana Jones 5 fell apart because no one could agree on the -script.  

Sounds like they really are back to square one. 

Five. Years. Later. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/spielbergs-indiana-jones-5-fell-apart-because-no-one-could-agree-on-the--script

On 6/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

And I just purchase the first three Indiana Jones films to get my kids familiar with this franchise, too.

:frown:

Just means we have more time to watch them.

:banana:

Those films are timeless - I got my son into those when he was around 5 or 6 I believe , along with the original 3 Star Wars ... he was hooked immediately as was I some 30 some years prior ... we also got to see Indiana 4 in the theatre but  didn’t love it as we did the originals 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

Perhaps it is being delayed to further develop the de-aging technology...

https://screenrant.com/indiana-jones-5-movie-delays-deaging-technology-reason/

Buzzetta's insight... if they wait any longer they might have to develop 'Raise the Dead' technology. 

29 minutes ago, D84 said:

As much as I love Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark is my all-time favorite movie) please Disney, let it die. I pray to Shiva, let it die.

"Every thing dies and baby, that's a fact.  But, maybe every thing that dies, one day comes back."