• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOMB OF DRACULA #10 CGC MT 9.9!!!!!!!!!!!!

228 posts in this topic

Why should I continue to bid, none of my bids are accepted!

He needs those nosebleed bidders.

So Steve, when we see you next will you have pom poms?

When your new site is up and running, and I submit a reasonable bid (say 10-15% below list price) and it get's accepted, I'll be Pom Pomming for you too. 893applaud-thumb.gif

When does the new site start? I look every day (sometimes a few times a day).

Right now my inventory has been loaded and we are still testing all of the new features to make sure they are working. Due to lots of feedback from other website relaunches I am trying to attack (test) this from as many different angles as possible. Being that over 25,000 books will now be on-line and bid on I would like to avoid problems which there will always be.

I'm probably looking at a Friday launch.

Bob

Mike really does try and do the right thing for dealers when disasters strike. Any other promoter could or probably would have cancelled the show or closed it on Sunday. He could have told the dealers - Sorry, I don't control the weather so if you are looking for a refund you are on your own. By keeping the show open on Monday he wanted to give dealers a chance at making some money as well as giving any customers another chance to attend the show.

Being that I work a day job I really couldn't stay.

Right now my inventory has been loaded and we are still testing all of the new features to make sure they are working. Due to lots of feedback from other website relaunches I am trying to attack (test) this from as many different angles as possible. Being that over 25,000 books will now be on-line and bid on I would like to avoid problems which there will always be.

I'm probably looking at a Friday launch.

Bob

But I have plans Friday. Can't you start it sooner. tongue.gif

Just kidding, I'm looking forward to it.

acclaim.gif

And how was the NY show?

I basically said that because, as you can see from the sale pending amounts, most sales are at least slightly discounted from list price. On the other hand, there are many dealers that don't seem to discount at all. Not even 5%.

confused-smiley-013.gif Anyone can offer a nice discount if you start the asking price sky-high.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I basically said that because, as you can see from the sale pending amounts, most sales are at least slightly discounted from list price. On the other hand, there are many dealers that don't seem to discount at all. Not even 5%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone can offer a nice discount if you start the asking price sky-high.

Do I hear Mile High anyone?

The best one I heard so far, was that I could get an SUV lease, no money down for payments of only $159. At the end of the commercial they said payments were due every two weeks.

confused.gif

The best one I hear so far, was that I could get an SUV lease, no money down for payments of only $159. At the end of the commercial they said payments were due every two weeks.

confused.gif

That reminds me of when Homer buys the Canyonaro. The dealer is showing him his payment plan.

"Here's your monthly payment, here's your weekly, and here's your daily. Plus there is the C.B.P. or Crippling Balloon Payment."

27_laughing.gif

05272002182029.jpg