• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Conan #1 CGC 9.9

78 posts in this topic

Which is worse? That some dumbarse is willing to pay $534 for a $5 book, or that reserve wasn't met??? 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

Rarest book ever???

I've seen that book in several $1 bins...I got my copy (it's got a good shot at a 9.6) from one. grin.gif I couldn't imagine paying 534x more for a copy in *any* grade.

Don't people realize that if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig? confused-smiley-013.gif

For anywhere near that kind of dough...wouldn't you expect to at least have white pages?

For some fun, check out the wide range of the previous purchases from the high bidder. Apparantly he hasn't awoken from his "dreams" yet.

Never fails to amaze me,when people make insults and they do not know the

entire story.I am the seller of that auction,and i have dealt with alot of you guys on e-bays and mostly private deals.I always give deals on my stuff,and i usually pay a portion of s&h charges to give a break.I have had that book since 2001 and i was

always curios to see what it would do at auction.I put a huge reserve on it,to make sure it would not sell.This was a test auction for me and i also wanted to put it up to garner attention for the conans i was selling..In fact if i do sell it,it will be privately and at at a large discount.If anybody finds that hard to believe,bring up my past deals with all you guys! Im jonah_hex on the forums and savage-sword one-bays.

I

What a freeking joke you are.

I cannot stand people like you who put up auctions with no intention of ever selling, "just to see how high the bids will be."

Do me a favor and put me on your blocked bidders list, so I don't ever win a book from a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag like yourself.

Umm...he paid his eBay fees, and I can imagine the reserve fee for that one wasn't cheap. I personally think there were more economical means for him to get the info, but so what? That was his decision.

I agree that the amount to pay for this book is excessive, but then again Conans (especially King Conans) aren't my thing.

Who pissed in your cornflakes, board vigilante? What an angry person you are.

Umm...he paid his eBay fees, and I can imagine the reserve fee for that one wasn't cheap. I personally think there were more economical means for him to get the info, but so what? That was his decision.

I agree that the amount to pay for this book is excessive, but then again Conans (especially King Conans) aren't my thing.

Who pissed in your cornflakes, board vigilante? What an angry person you are.

Sterling, you of all people know more than anyone here about shady auctions. Perhaps you could lend him some of your knowledge in the ways of deceptive auctions.

I get angry at people who attempt to trick others, a concept which is apparently lost on the likes of you. I'm sure every single person who bid on his auction felt that the book was indeed up for sale. Ebay isn't to be used as Fair Market Value appraisel service, it is intended to be used as a buying/selling tool.

The same could be said for someone who bids a really high amount just to see what the seller thinks the value is. Is that bidder held liable for the bid, of course he is. So why shouldn't sellers be held accountable for their auctions?

Sterling, you are a pissant little twerp who has no business commenting on my posts. You know how I feel about you and will respond on how much of a thief you are. I gave you a fair shot at dropping this, but you continue to bring it up, so from thIs moment on I will take every opportunity to treat you like the trash you are.

Never fails to amaze me,when people make insults and they do not know the

entire story.I am the seller of that auction,and i have dealt with alot of you guys on e-bays and mostly private deals.I always give deals on my stuff,and i usually pay a portion of s&h charges to give a break.I have had that book since 2001 and i was

always curios to see what it would do at auction.I put a huge reserve on it,to make sure it would not sell.This was a test auction for me and i also wanted to put it up to garner attention for the conans i was selling..In fact if i do sell it,it will be privately and at at a large discount.If anybody finds that hard to believe,bring up my past deals with all you guys! Im jonah_hex on the forums and savage-sword one-bays.

I

Seems if everyone knew the whole story the response would have been worst. Hey it's your book and your choice what you sell it for. I would have been happy with $534 but he it's not my book. Good luck.

I cannot stand people like you who put up auctions with no intention of ever selling, "just to see how high the bids will be."

Do me a favor and put me on your blocked bidders list, so I don't ever win a book from a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag like yourself.

Come on, DL. Exactly how many people have you encountered who put something up for auction with no intention of selling just to see how high the bids would be? I mean, name five you have personally encountered.

But you make it sound like some wildly rampant issue ("I can't stand people like you who...") and around every auction you bid on is lurking a seller who are just curious how high it will go.

Jeeze, Man. You kind of over-reacted there, no? frown.gif

Come on, DL. Exactly how many people have you encountered who put something up for auction with no intention of selling just to see how high the bids would be? I mean, name five you have personally encountered.

But you make it sound like some wildly rampant issue ("I can't stand people like you who...") and around every auction you bid on is lurking a seller who are just curious how high it will go.

Jeeze, Man. You kind of over-reacted there, no? frown.gif

Not really, pov. Whether it's one person or twenty who do it, it should not be tolerated. I have bid on a couple books on Ebay that did not hit reserve, that I am sure the seller had no intention of selling. One book I can remember in particular is a late issue 9.8 Sub-Mariner with Marie Severin art. I had a bid of $750 and still did not meet reserve. Do I know for sure, no.

If you think that this doesn't happen more often then you are deluding yourself. It may not happen on books you are looking at, maybe.

I thought with the apology,that that would be my last post.I do not know what else to say.I do not really want to go into details,with all the private deals i have done and such but.The reason i put that book up at all was to see a realistic market value as there were people asking that i sell it and i got curious.I alwys afigured i would keep it forever. I have owned 3 9.8s and this 9.9 was better sharper than all 3 9.8's.

To anwer your question,yes i would to honor the auction.BUT,i would lower the price drastically(and still pay e-bay fees) so i would not feel quilty.Or i would throw in some free(expensive) cgc

comics to make the buyer happy.I have never ripped off anybody and never will.

I am an odd seller,ask people on this forum i have dealt with in thats its NOT about the money with me.Im always giving deals/free expensive books/trading with my fellow collectors.I quess now i will called an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for giving away free comics of value.

Don't worry, everyone gets beat up on this board at least once. Hell, I get beat up on here all the time. Stick around and have some fun, don't sweat the little stuff. Also, the forum dinners are great and most people are no where near as aggressive as they are here. Right Garth, right Scott? poke2.gif27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

Sterling, you of all people know more than anyone here about shady auctions. Perhaps you could lend him some of your knowledge in the ways of deceptive auctions.

There's nothing shady about this auction. The only thing wrong with is it is that you don't like what he did. And guess what? Who cares what you think. 27_laughing.gif

I get angry at people who attempt to trick others, a concept which is apparently lost on the likes of you. I'm sure every single person who bid on his auction felt that the book was indeed up for sale. Ebay isn't to be used as Fair Market Value appraisel service, it is intended to be used as a buying/selling tool.

It's a matter of perspective. You choose to assume everyone has a devious plan up their sleeve. Again another way for you to exagerate your warped perceptions of reality pal.

The same could be said for someone who bids a really high amount just to see what the seller thinks the value is. Is that bidder held liable for the bid, of course he is. So why shouldn't sellers be held accountable for their auctions?

Actually, apples and oranges here. If you really want to know why, a seller is free to sell something and demand any price he/she wants. That's no rule breaking that I'm aware of, although you can say that there are insidious moral implications here. A bid on an item however is a enforced contract, and not honoring it is breaking the rules.

Sterling, you are a pissant little twerp who has no business commenting on my posts. You know how I feel about you and will respond on how much of a thief you are. I gave you a fair shot at dropping this, but you continue to bring it up, so from thIs moment on I will take every opportunity to treat you like the trash you are.

Excuse me, but last time I checked this was a community board-so I have as much right as anyone else to comment to anyone's public posts. I don't take kindly to folks on this board bad-mouthing others just because they don't like something, and I was throwing in my comments. If you choose to perceive this as a personal attack then you are the one that is mistaken. And as Steve indicates, don't sweat the small stuff.

Sterling STFU!

You spineless twit. You sound more and more like a snotty brat every single day. You blabber on in hopes of saying something interesting, when in fact the dreck you do produce is just noise.

Keep posting away dickwad. 893censored-thumb.gif

Don't worry, everyone gets beat up on this board at least once. Hell, I get beat up on here all the time. Stick around and have some fun, don't sweat the little stuff. Also, the forum dinners are great and most people are no where near as aggressive as they are here. Right Garth, right Scott? poke2.gif27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

ANY chance poor Jonah's rep and popularity had to be enhanced because DL attacked him has now been negated because SB had to go and be understanding and friendly to him. Raise 'em up then slam 'em down. What? Are you and DL some kind of sick, perverse tag team? foreheadslap.gif