• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't get it?

67 posts in this topic

Here's an odd one:

It's a Planet 51, graded 5.5 with cream-to-off-white pages, with no D coding but rather a penciled mark that looks distinctly non-Mile-High-like, yet CConnect has it listed as an Edgar Curch/Mile High Copy (a designation that is not on the label).

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=572969

It must just be a listing error—which I'm sure occur on every site.

You keep questioning Metropolis' credibility- that's not the issue in my situation. I've never had a problem with Vinny concerning my pedigree purchases- so my opinion about Metropolis is based on my own experiences. My book is a pedigree copy and CGC has now confirmed this. My issue is that it shouldn't take 2 "at bats" to hit a ball thrown over the plate over what is now a 4 plus month period. Perhaps you might want to raise your issue (and it's a good one) with Vinny and Metropolis?

Respectfully,

John

It is a valid question..... as Steve is purported to own the entire MH Planet run, and unwilling to break up the set..... maybe a second copy ?......out of 22,000 books there must have been at least a couple of doubles. It's always been my understanding that Metro is an entity that CGC considers a credible source for provenance. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It is a valid question..... as Steve is purported to own the entire MH Planet run, and unwilling to break up the set..... maybe a second copy ?......out of 22,000 books there must have been at least a couple of doubles. It's always been my understanding that Metro is an entity that CGC considers a credible source for provenance. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I said his question is a good one- I'm just not the one who can answer it- it was directed to me. Vinny and the guys at Metropolis need to answer this.

Another place this would have been good would be the ASK CGC forum.

Question on the ASK CGC forum. When you post, you get a message saying something about your post needs to be reviewed first. After that, you either see your post with an answer or you never hear anything about it again. The latter can be very frustrating. I'm never sure if I was ignored, laughed at, or I simply asked too good of a question. Does anyone know how the process works ?

I actually got an answer via PM on the last question I asked there.

Wouldn't everyone's interests be better served if responses were posted publicly?

IDK, maybe they thought it wasn't important enough?

All Ask CGC goes through me first. Some don't get approved simply because they have been asked before or some don't get approved due to content. Almost everyone though receives a pm. Do you have a question that wasn't approved or you didn't receive a reply to? You can also e-mail me at bgregorio@cgccomics.com with any future questions. I am happy to answer all e-mails.

No sir, you answered my question via PM, I was just offering an idea on why it was answered via PM and not the sub-forum.

Thanks again, BTW!

-slym

Sir is a she, Slym ;)