• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show, BC, Canada February 15, 2015

30 posts in this topic

Couple of photos here:

VancouverComicShow-April2015002_zps8b9ac80e.jpg

VancouverComicShow-April2015001_zps6ba2c2b6.jpg

My camera then went full with memory ... I forget to delete the rest of old photos in there! :tonofbricks: So all I got were 2 photos.

The show wasn't too bad. Did saw a few nice books, and I had worked out with one dealer about one book I might want to buy (got his info and number). I'm shocked myself that I didn't fork out my money much on books in there - I had $450 on me. Guess it's because of me about to go to Calgary Expo in April, so I kind of want hold on my wallet.

Well, there will be next show on June 7th!

So what's the verdict?

My best show ever there. Retail sales 30% higher than at :applause: their big summer, 2014 comicon. Collectors were still coming through the door at 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. so some fresh $$ there.

2 dealers sold DD #1. One of which was at $600. A decent looking SA X-men #1 from the front cover anyways sold. One of my neighborly vendors sold a decent DD #7 vg- for good coin. Several requests for more low grade DD #1 (affordable fair or better ) after fans liked the DD preview from Netflix.

From memory, I sold:

SA Capt. Marvel #18 x 2

4 SA Sub-mariners including a #1 in fn+

Barbie and Ken 2 vg-

Deathstroke #1 nm @ $14 x 2

Dr Strange #1 vf+

ASM #12 fair

ASM #129 Cgc 6.0 white pgs.

Great Comics #1 LB Cole shark cover about fn/vf raw

A few GotG related comics.

Marvel Spotlight 32 Spider-woman vf

Woody Woodpecker # 1 vf- (Four Color) and even a MIckey Mouse vf.

:whee: greggy was running around scarfing up all the Micronauts # 8 nm copies in the hall plus Fury of Firestorm #1 nm and New Teen Titans #2 Deathstroke hot comics !

I restocked some inexpensive comics:

Action 521 Vixen

Preacher # 8 to 18 tv hype

Star Wars Marvel series 1

LSH readers :headbang:

Couple of photos here:

VancouverComicShow-April2015002_zps8b9ac80e.jpg

VancouverComicShow-April2015001_zps6ba2c2b6.jpg

My camera then went full with memory ... I forget to delete the rest of old photos in there! :tonofbricks: So all I got were 2 photos.

The show wasn't too bad. Did saw a few nice books, and I had worked out with one dealer about one book I might want to buy (got his info and number). I'm shocked myself that I didn't fork out my money much on books in there - I had $450 on me. Guess it's because of me about to go to Calgary Expo in April, so I kind of want hold on my wallet.

Well, there will be next show on June 7th!

Thanks for the pics, gives me a better idea of the show. See you in Calgary.

The 2 pics only show about 3/4 of the vendors including part of Anthill Books Nels' and Jigglypig Chad's booths. Does not quite show Big Pete's Collectibles which had an island of 6 tables all to himself. Also missing the other wall of SA and BA vendors.

Lots of competition, and even long boxes full of 33c or 25c store overstock with some decent titles salted in to make you dig. I found some Harley Quinns :cloud9: and Preachers. My buddy found some bargain Wolverines, X-men, Uncanny X-men, Batman and Detective to add to his house which already contains a Krazy 300,000 comics. He is NOT a store. :tonofbricks:

Thanks for the pics, gives me a better idea of the show. See you in Calgary.

You're welcome. See you in cowtown! I do miss the "Chicken on the Way" food in Kensington. (thumbs u

Another vendor had 50% more in retail sales than normal by selling some big comics like DD #1, and Phantom Lady #14 from a fresh collection. See everyone at the next Vancouver Comic Show on the first Sunday of June, 2015. (thumbs u

Also, it seems like huge $$ Reed Productions from Eastcoast USA has bought the rights to promote/run the Fan Expo Canada (Toronto), :wishluck: Fan Expo Vancouver pop culture cons as well as Seattle's Emerald City Comic Con.

More quality pics have been posted on the comicon website. Just double click on the pic to zoom in on the wall comics at Anthill Books Nels and other quality comic and toy vendors. There are also some creative fish-eye (thumbs u pics so you get an idea of the w-i-d-t-h of the show.

See an exciting :luhv: pic of greggy as security guard at aardvark88's booth. Before anyone pmails me about my aggressive prices on wall comics, keep in mind that they are priced in lowly Canadian loonies:

Vancouver Comic Show Feb, 2015

lol I see myself in the line up there! Did not know someone took that photo.

aardvark88, maybe I should email you my list for June 7th show?

In the 12th photo and 1st, 2nd panavision wide photos are 2 dealers with the biggest booths, most comics for sale. Lots of good low-grades for the collectors on budget. Other dealer gives deals for 3 comics and get one free of equal value, and more. There are many great dealers of different calibers. aardvark88 is that dealer as well!

More quality pics have been posted on the comicon website. Just double click on the pic to zoom in on the wall comics at Anthill Books Nels and other quality comic and toy vendors. There are also some creative fish-eye (thumbs u pics so you get an idea of the w-i-d-t-h of the show.

See an exciting :luhv: pic of greggy as security guard at aardvark88's booth. Before anyone pmails me about my aggressive prices on wall comics, keep in mind that they are priced in lowly Canadian loonies:

Vancouver Comic Show Feb, 2015

Who's the Funko dealer last August? Any chance I can get their contact?

beamer,

If you contact the 2 Vancouver Comics Show promoters directly, they can probably get you that Funko vendor's phone # or email info. If you are looking for Funko exclusives, I recommend you drive down to Hot Topic at Bellis Fair Mall for Hot Topic Funko exclusives not available in Western Canada.

Had a scout check out my ASM #1 closely at the last Vancouver con. Met the 60 year old sports card collector looking to diversify into 1960s SA Marvels Sat., so it looks like my ASM #1 raw 1.8 is now on hold at full asking price. <3