• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Va Comicon and Toy show - Richmond VA Saturday February 7th

19 posts in this topic

Just a heads up, you can only buy tix online. There are no on-site sales planned. Not sure why they chose this method (well, I can think of at least one reason), but in any event just letting you know.

They had difficulties with insurance with the venue somehow. They could only sell 1500 tickets maximum.

It was a great show! KPR, I didn't know you were on the boards. Was your booth the one where you had 3 copies of Avengers 57 and we discussed them for a bit?

Also ran into Jim at Genes booth, great guy!

Dave

The show was fun. I enjoyed it and met some great people. KPR had those two beautiful Daredevil 1's. Gene had all his great books as usual and met Roy at his booth. I picked up a Speed comics #43 and some Avengers. Look forward to the next one.

Great Show!!!

Did well but spent more than I made on inventory

Key Sales

X-men #266 $100

Batman #1 New 52 $75

Big stack of Weird War Tales $120 - these seem to be heating up???

Sold lots of $10-$50 half price books

I bought a Batman #232, Luke Cage #1, Batman Adventures #12, TOS #57 75 and 77, House of Secrets #1, FF #27, and a nice Bettie Page digest for myself :devil:

Plus a few small stacks of BA/SA and some hotter new stuff (Gotham City Sirens)

It was a good show..... lots of people and the cosplayers had their own arena for their contests....not in the way of sellers. This show is really evolving into something significant. The Ren and Stimpie guy was there.... oh, how I loved that show. It was really nice seeing you again Rick....I'm glad you could make it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It was a good show..... lots of people and the cosplayers had their own arena for their contests....not in the way of sellers. This show is really evolving into something significant. The Ren and Stimpie guy was there.... oh, how I loved that show. It was really nice seeing you again Rick....I'm glad you could make it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

+1

Twas like there weren't any cosplayers there even though there were probably hundreds. I was on the opposite end of the room and saw maybe a dozen cosplayers the entire day. It struck a great balance by leaving a third of the space open for cosplayers to hang out in w/out disrupting the flow of the buyers to the vendor tables. Lots of happy faces in the room made it fun.