• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON MAN #55 CLUB
4 4

214 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2015 at 2:18 AM, Define999 said:

Love this book.... I had this in my home the other day. Decided I should take a picture of it.... hm

Come-at-me-bro.jpg

That is a cool lineup.  

When we finally see Thanos in real combat action, this book is going to really explode.  We have been teased on screen with a passive purple pimp.  Bad Thanos is coming.   

I'm in the club!  

I found a collection of books someone was selling on OfferUp app.  I met up with him and he said "5 boxes of comics for $150"  "My dad collected comics and I need the storage space, I don't know anything about comics" 

I reached into one of the boxes and found an Iron Man 55 sticking out. I said "I'll take this whole box" :)  

I bought 2 boxes of what I wanted for a $100 each and went back a few days later and gave him $40 for a cherry picked modern collection.  

I pressed and cleaned the Iron Man 55 myself and now it's coming back a 7.5 ow/w ...Keeper!  

Thought I could join the club.  Took a chance on a 6.5 white pages from a zero feedback seller. 500 shipped seemed good price of my hard earned money. After responding to a shipping question seller has not responded about tracking number and it says not shipped. Expected to arrive on Jul 6. I think it's not coming :p

Edited by jason4

3 hours ago, jason4 said:

They sent me a refund. Sigh.

It seemed like a good price, wonder why people can be so difficult :(

Don't feel bad though I've tried the Russian federation people who have IH 181 for cheap sometimes or the one's from China lol Thankfully eBay protected me etc.

I buy on eBay don't really sell, hopefully if I ever start someone trusts me and buys lol

On 5/22/2017 at 0:03 PM, Bronx said:

When we finally see Thanos in real combat action, this book is going to really explode.  We have been teased on screen with a passive purple pimp.  Bad Thanos is coming.   

Are you sure about that because I thought it was always...........Buy on rumors, sell on the actual news.  hm

Historically, haven't prices always gone up prior to the actual release of the movie and then a big drop after the movie comes out.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎16 at 9:01 AM, kimik said:

Here is a recent pick up that is just a lowly 8.0. I guess I should look at a 9.4 or nicer copy at some point.

I am glad I decided to bite the bullet and snag a 9.4 last summer before the run up. At the time I landed it for 10% less than GPA 90 day average as well. :banana:

9 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

I think this movie pumps it back up because there’s more to come in A4. Wish he was on the cover...

Agreed , have to say the way he was portrayed in the movie. Has to be my favorite movie marvel villain , especially since the marvel universe started 

Edited by Jking3437

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

Best villain this side of heath ledger joker.

Agreed. I really hope they do not kill him off in the end of A4. He could be a great antagonist for the future cosmic storylines, as well as coming in handy vs. the Celestials........