• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HIT-GIRL and KICK-AZZ 3
1 1

26 posts in this topic

That HIT-GIRL Prequel Might Actually Happen; Followed By KICK-AZZ 3

---------------------

When asked about the possibility of a third Kick- movie, Vaughn said that he hopes to do a Hit-Girl prequel first, and win back the fans that were lost after the absolutely average Kick- 2. He thinks if they can pull that off, then it'll be easier to get Moretz and Aaron Taylor Johnson back to finish the story.

"Do you know what's going to be next if I do it... we've finished plotting it. What we have to do is, we've got to do the FIRST CLASS to the KICK- world. We lost a few fans on Kick- 2. It wasn't as loved as one would've hoped. So we have this idea for a Hit Girl prequel. It's a really strong, really simple prequel where I think we can regain the love and the passion. If that happens, I'm pretty sure I can persuade Aaron and Chloe to come back and finish the story of Kick- with Kick- 3".

---------------------

Love the first movie. Was bored by the second movie. I'm not sure how these would go over now.

What was so bad about the second movie?

The villain was a rehash of the same activity from the first movie (Chris D'Amico / Red Mist). Plus, it felt like it lost some of that sparkle that made the first movie unique.

The villain was a rehash of the same activity from the first movie (Chris D'Amico / Red Mist). Plus, it felt like it lost some of that sparkle that made the first movie unique.

This is what happnes when you deviate from the "source" materail. :makepoint:

Who will play hit girl in the prequel? Gonna be real hard to fill Moretz's shoes (small as they were at the time)

Totally. I personally don't really even car about the KA character. It's Chloe that steals the show.

I didn't think the second film was that bad. I actually loved Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes, and wish they didn't

kill him off so quickly.

I thought the Mother F&%$@R was annoying, and during some parts of the movie I felt like I was watching Mean Girls. :facepalm:

Chloe Moretz Grace was the best thing in the so-so sequel. She really struggled with the foster kid character stuck in a 'Mean Girls' plot while carrying a lot of the 2nd unit action on her shoulders instead the male lead. Considering all the Victoria Justices and Lucy Hales in Hollywood, Chloe works her butt off to stand out in big-budget drek like Dark Shadows to direct to video actioners like Texas Killing Fields to the experimental ones like Hick.

The first movie is still one that I love to watch from time to time. There was something different about the -script that made it really stand out.

Especially the whole Hit-Girl and Big Daddy preparation for tougher days ahead.

I didn't think the second film was that bad. I actually loved Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes, and wish they didn't

kill him off so quickly.

I thought the Mother F&%$@R was annoying, and during some parts of the movie I felt like I was watching Mean Girls. :facepalm:

The way Jim Carrey slammed the movie it probably was for the best.

JIM CARREY SLAMS KA 2

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I just recently got into Kick- and I think both movies are great. They are fun, exciting, comical and well directed. I have watched both twice now and could/will watch them both again. My wife and two kids (13 year old twin boy and girl) enjoyed them too!

I still have the 3rd comic series to read and will do so soon. Anyone who hasn't watched them should go give them a chance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

---------------------

When asked about the possibility of a third Kick- movie, Vaughn said that he hopes to do a Hit-Girl prequel first, and win back the fans that were lost after the absolutely average Kick- 2. He thinks if they can pull that off, then it'll be easier to get Moretz and Aaron Taylor Johnson back to finish the story.

"Do you know what's going to be next if I do it... we've finished plotting it. What we have to do is, we've got to do the FIRST CLASS to the KICK- world. We lost a few fans on Kick- 2. It wasn't as loved as one would've hoped. So we have this idea for a Hit Girl prequel. It's a really strong, really simple prequel where I think we can regain the love and the passion. If that happens, I'm pretty sure I can persuade Aaron and Chloe to come back and finish the story of Kick- with Kick- 3".

---------------------

Love the first movie. Was bored by the second movie. I'm not sure how these would go over now.

Sometimes there should only be one. KickAss was huge in my opinion. A phenomenal film of it's genre. Fresh and new and exciting. I thought the second one ruined it a bit, so I have to block it from my memory.

There's a good reason why they never made Casablanca 2.

---------------------

---------------------

Sometimes there should only be one. KickAss was huge in my opinion. A phenomenal film of it's genre. Fresh and new and exciting. I thought the second one ruined it a bit, so I have to block it from my memory.

I agree.

I'm glad people enjoyed the sequel as much as they did. I just found it to be spinning it's wheels too afraid to delve into it's themes about ultraviolence because they didn't want to make fun of themselves like "22 Jump Street" fearlessly did. The original Kick Azz didn't build up a big enough mythology to fall back on either.

Kick-Azz 1 was a done-in-one movie. It was wrapped up neatly at the end and left a door partially ajar for a follow-up, but isn't wasn't too necessary if they did.

Other done in one movies... Beverly Hills Cop, Robocop, Lethal Weapon, Home Alone, Jaws, Dirty Harry, Ghostbusters, etc. But, sometimes a characters unique situation can warrant an interesting follow-up (Die Hard, Psycho, Batman, etc) because how he/she can react to to new characters in their enviroment.

Dave's story was finished in the original Kick Azz for me and Mindy's was just starting. The sequel should have spun off with her (like the interestingly conceived Donnie Darko sequel).

My 2c

---------------------

---------------------

I know a few people said it was hard to get into the Spider-Man movies again because KickAss was a Spider-Man grown up version.

KickAss 1 was a masterpiece of superhero film making.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur