• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel's Inhumans is slipping to July 12, 2019.

28 posts in this topic

What will this do to the current rush for FF 45 and 46? Four years from now for speculators, not necessarily collectors. And we all know that speculation/investment based on movie releases drives everything now. Right?

Want to spend HUGE money based on something that may - or may not - happen in four years?

Discuss

yeah...keep dreaming.

don't forget, Sony was hacked...and now...lo and behold...new direction for Spidey!

I'm just sayin...unless you're on the inside, don't bet your life on it.

and btw... sistas are doin it for themselves!!

The difference between Spidey and X-men is that Spidey was bombing while X-men was killing it at the box office.

I don't see Sony giving up a winning franchise when they are already pulling Marvel type numbers.

Dude...don't pretend to know what's gonna happen...

I'm just sayin....

X-Men and Spidey have both sucked in their runs...but now...they can be combined.

and btw...for $$$$!!!!

bomb or not on both sides...they will put it out there for the masses [which doesn't necessarily include you and I] and it will get press, make money, and hint at the next stage.

What will this do to the current rush for FF 45 and 46? Four years from now for speculators, not necessarily collectors. And we all know that speculation/investment based on movie releases drives everything now. Right?

Want to spend HUGE money based on something that may - or may not - happen in four years?

Discuss

I look at the pure speculator more along the lines of a Day Trader. Waiting this long for a potential movie to enhance their buys? Nah! They will look to greener, more immediate (relatively speaking) pastures. Thus lowering the demand and the price. THAT will be the time to strike!

Discuss

The release date moved out seven months. Changing the release date from Nov 2, 2018 to July 12, 2019 is hardly significant. In fact, they have moved the movie to a Summer release, which indicates they expect it to do very, very well.

Meanwhile, Marvel continues in the comics realm to emphasis the Inhumans and play down the X-Men. Writers aren't allowed to create new characters in the X-Men series. Major story lines push the Inhumans. All because Marvel wants the X-Franchise back. Problem for Marvel is the Fox Studios is making some damn fine X-Men movies.

I don't see how seven months makes any difference at all on the current interest in the books - especially since it's seven months added to what was already almost four years anyway. And Marvel will hype away the Inhumans in the meantime. If there is any kind of lull, take advantage of it and buy the key books

Here's one interesting link

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/10/20/marvel-just-quietly-deployed-the-nukes-in-its-war-with-fox-2356058?lt_source=external,manual

About the image in that article.. Why are Power Pack & cloak/dagger there? hm

To boost back issue sales! lol

Inhumans are absolutely guaranteed! What could possibly happen in the next 4 years?!?!

tim-burton.png

Oh...right...

(Also, I think this should be moved to the TV and Movies sub category. I know it's about comic book speculation, but speculation based on the movie release).

-Terry

I think it's a little ridiculous to doubt Marvel's word when it comes to what movies they're going to be releasing. Everything they've announced so far (nearly a dozen movies in 6 years) has come out. No reason to make me doubt their plan for the future. Stuff may get shuffled, but if they say it's coming, it's coming.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to question it. This isn't a Burton/Cage Superman with nothing to back them up. This is Marvel Studios with a few billion-dollar grossing films, sequels out-performing their predecessors and publicly unknown properties dominating the box office all under their belt.

Inhumans has a 0% chance of not coming out.

Peace,

Chip

If movie studios were held to producing what they say they were going to be released, we'd be living in a very different world - one where comic movies were probably made fun of instead of respected for their box office mojo. If you look back to the late 1990s/early 2000s - they had huge expectations of all the comic movies that were optioned, scripted and slated to be released. I have a stack of old Wizard magazine scooping on movie news, almost none of which came to fruition, and are quite hilarious.

I'm positive that four years ago people were complaining that Sony would never release Spider-Man because it makes them too much money - and here we are. Plenty can happen in four years.

marvel studios is not sony. or really any other studio, for that matter. They seem to keep things close to the vest until they're absolutely certain that what they announce & what products are released match up perfectly.