• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 251 Club
1 1

117 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Just noticed the 9.4 on CLink is up to $1755 with a day to go, higher than any result I'm seeing in GPA and currently outpacing the Bats 232 9.6 they have listed :whatthe:

Even more interesting is the 9.2 copy.  Perfectly aligned, super bright and white pages.  $1,600 and counting. 

18 hours ago, scooter99 said:

Even more interesting is the 9.2 copy.  Perfectly aligned, super bright and white pages.  $1,600 and counting. 

The 9.4 and 9.2 will both easily top $2k. I'm still stunned that I bought a 9.0 in 2010 for $115. Astounding rise in value.

On 8/16/2015 at 9:09 PM, white_rushin said:

I believe it's due to the whole wave of collectors that entered the hobby. For the most part they value it equally to BA books like Batman 232, Iron Man 55, Green Lantern 76, etc..

It might also be in part that many don't see DC as having the best selection of Bronze key issues. So suddenly a cool BA, Adams book like this begins to gain even more momentum as prices continue to soar.

I've also heard a ton of people call it to be the "1st Modern Age Joker.."

First time he murdered since Batman 9 or Detective 45. Don't know for sure which.

20 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

The 9.4 and 9.2 will both easily top $2k. I'm still stunned that I bought a 9.0 in 2010 for $115. Astounding rise in value.

Frankly, I'm shocked the 9.2 is sitting where it is.  I doubt it moves from it's current bid, but I've been wrong many times before. 

On 8/28/2018 at 12:10 AM, scooter99 said:

Final results: 9.6 was $2611, 9.4 was $1988 and 9.2 stayed at $1600. Based on GPA the 9.6 went low and the other two were very strong finishers (both look to have topped anything recorded on GPA). Agreed that the 9.2 was very nice, nicest of the bunch as far as presentation IMO.

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Final results: 9.6 was $2611, 9.4 was $1988 and 9.2 stayed at $1600. Based on GPA the 9.6 went low and the other two were very strong finishers (both look to have topped anything recorded on GPA). Agreed that the 9.2 was very nice, nicest of the bunch as far as presentation IMO.

Wow. This book is becoming locomotive.

This issue looks like it's on the move again. Only going by EBay ask prices, though. I also go by the number of "watchers" on a given book as well. Seems to be people waiting to see if it will sell at a given price or not, then they can mark up their own copies.

An example: A 7.0 being asked for $849.00us. That was last years 9.0 ask.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=batman+251&_sacat=0

Another: A very attractive 9.4:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403169092046?hash=item5ddec021ce:g:1wkAAOSwsExhROsb

A couple of posts above say a 9.4 in 2018 gaveled at $1988.00us. Big jump in 3 years.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:25 AM, BabyAteMyDingo said:

Congrats! I wonder how this one got a 9.4, though?

CGC is wildly inconsistent.  The local LCS had it at a 9.0 which I think is more in line with what it should be.  There are a couple of spine ticks.  At the top is just some color lift.  Overall it is nice, but I think 9.4 is a little generous.  These are the notes from when I submitted it.  

"Center Spine Small Lite Stress Lines Breaks Color
Front Cover Lite Wear All Corners
Top Front Cover Small Color Lift"

On 10/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, mec3437 said:

CGC is wildly inconsistent.  The local LCS had it at a 9.0 which I think is more in line with what it should be.  There are a couple of spine ticks.  At the top is just some color lift.  Overall it is nice, but I think 9.4 is a little generous.  These are the notes from when I submitted it.  

"Center Spine Small Lite Stress Lines Breaks Color
Front Cover Lite Wear All Corners
Top Front Cover Small Color Lift"

And the LCS let it go at 9.0 prices? I have a 9.0. I am stunned at what I paid v what it's worth now. $113 in 2012.

It was raw when I bought it in 2015, so I guess it was a 9.0 price.  It was a couple hundred bucks from what I remember.  I just looked up what 9.4 of 251 is going for.  I can't say I'm shocked because the whole market has been interesting to say the least.  

On 10/20/2021 at 4:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

My simple 7.5

I tried to get most of the neal Adam's keys I wanted in 7.5 or better, the only one I didnt was bats 222 at 7.0.

3204770_Full_Obv.jpg

I figured my 244 was already a 6.5, so at least my 251 6.5 "matched." I still want/need to get a bunch of the Neal keys. I do have Brave and the Bold 93 in a 5.0, but I won it at auction for only $23, so I can't complain! Love that B&B 93 cover!