• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 251 Club
1 1

117 posts in this topic

I remember buying this book a couple of times back in the early 2000's when you could pick up a CGC 9.2 that looked like a 9.4 for about $120 on eBay. I too foolishly sold the copies I had.

When I came back to collecting comics about 4 years ago I was shocked how much the price had jumped on these. Finally bit the bullet and got this copy:

Batman251CGC94a_zpsaec37105.jpg

I've had a few folks look over this old label 9.0 and they all swear it should grade at least a 9.4 if pressed, but I'm keeping it original. Thought about upgrading it a few times, but I'm so happy with it I'm not bothering.

Your copy is awesome as is. This book isn't that common with good centering, which yours obviously has. Sweet copy!

That's a good choice.

I think it is a close second for me, behind #232 (which is also on my to buy list.... boo.)

232 would be my alternative choice as well, featuring the debut of my favourite Batman villain.

251 wins out on nostalgia value, being the first Adams DC comic that really impressed me, and it features some exceptional artwork. I read it as a reprint in a small, Best of DC digest comic in the late 70s, and soon afterwards bought an original copy.

etanick, wow man...

Nice.

Did you collect the Adams Tec covers too?

I've been hunting a higher grade Tec #411 for freaking ever with no luck. He only did the cover though, not the interiors.

I collect all Adams cover (thumbs u but 411 is a tough one...all I have is a low grade reader. I don't see high grade copy of that book often and when I do, the price is way too wacky for me to buy....

etanick, wow man...

Nice.

Did you collect the Adams Tec covers too?

I've been hunting a higher grade Tec #411 for freaking ever with no luck. He only did the cover though, not the interiors.

I collect all Adams cover (thumbs u but 411 is a tough one...all I have is a low grade reader. I don't see high grade copy of that book often and when I do, the price is way too wacky for me to buy....

Haha, yep!

Such a tough book...