• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your opinion of Aaron in the walking dead?

18 posts in this topic

I think he is part of a government think tank sent to investigate the group and how the infection of the dead is bringing the group together and having the will to survive. He will probably beta test them with the offer of shelter and food then take it all away. Those scientists ya gotta love em.

Seriously? Does no one in CG read the WD comic? I can understand not wanting to get spoilers…but the answer to the OP's question lies in the pages of the comic.

Unless this whole thread is sarcasm and I'm just missing it entirely. :tonofbricks:

Never picked up a single one. And once I became involved in the TV show, I have rather liked it that way.

I've been doing a decent job of avoiding all spoilers to see how everything plays out. I kind of like it as some things are supposedly different from the comics all together.

As a fan of both the comic and the TV show, I 'know' what's going to happen on the show, but there are so many twists and divergences from the comic that I can say I honestly am always surprised, and I enjoy both of them.

Do I sound like a gushing parent?

I hear a lot of chatter about how last week's and last night's episode were just *meh* because there was not enough gore, which I don't get at all. What makes the WD show and comics so consistently good is the way the characters, their relationships and inner turmoils are given breathing room to develop. Otherwise you get stuck with turds like all the current DCU offerings on TV.

Heh - never seen a single full episode of Arrow or Flash. I think I turned in for about ten minutes once for the first episode of Green Arrow and then a half hour of Flash. I have not really watched Agents of Shield either, but from what I hear about the ratings, I am not alone on that one. heh heh.

Oh man, believe me: most of those shows don't even deserve 10 minutes much less the full episode time that I gave them. You made the right choice.

I'm hoping the Netflix Marvel offerings are half as good as WD, because I just feel like I'm being insulted after sitting through all the comic-based shows on network TV.

No opinion of him. Like with all WD characters not named Rick or Michonne, I never attempt to get "involved" in their story. As far as I'm concerned he's as good as zombie food anyway.

One of the things I like about the book (that I used to hate) is that the way Adlard draws, they all look the same. So it's tough for any of them to create a real "identity" to them. Makes it less impactful when they end up getting killed.