• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your First Look at Jason Momoa as Aquaman

24 posts in this topic

He looks like Namor after Byrne finished his run and Namor became "savage". Not even close to Aquaman.

They could have gone with the classic Aquaman look, and all the jokes that come along with this persona...

Aquaman_by_BezerroBizarro.png

Or a more aggressive, deadly looking Aquaman that you would think twice about joking with him to go talk with his golfish friends with his mind.

king_of_seas_crime_sindicate_forever_evil_ivan_reiss_vs_peter_david_aquaman.jpg

Depending on the -script and approach, this could be a big win or new jokes about the Conan of the seas.

Never liked the grim gruesome Aquaman with a can opener.

His classic 1960's persona of the dignified and quiet powerhouse

has been shredded over the last 30 years. Too much psycho babble

and BillyBadAszs type stuff. He talks to fish and rules the bottom

of the ocean. Give the character a little dignity.

Jason Momoa Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN: "Like It Or Not, I'm The New F*****g AQUAMAN"

You always know what Momoa is thinking. lol

For those of you worrying that his comments mean that this Aquaman will be drastically different to the source material, Momoa is turning to a good place for inspiration. "I've been hanging out with Geoff Johns and he's a beast. He reinvented the character with the new 52," said Momoa, before adding: "Like it or not, I'm the new [frick]ing Aquaman buddy."

Jason Momoa Talks BATMAN v SUPERMAN: "Like It Or Not, I'm The New F*****g AQUAMAN"

You always know what Momoa is thinking. lol

For those of you worrying that his comments mean that this Aquaman will be drastically different to the source material, Momoa is turning to a good place for inspiration. "I've been hanging out with Geoff Johns and he's a beast. He reinvented the character with the new 52," said Momoa, before adding: "Like it or not, I'm the new [frick]ing Aquaman buddy."
do like the fact that his talking to Geoff Johns to most likely understand the character even more. but i do wonder how much time is Geoff Johns spending with the actors or having an input in the movies.