• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego CC rentals

12 posts in this topic

Wife and I are going to SDCC, wanted to know if any boardies are interested in getting in on our housing situation. Found a place on HomeAway, within walking distance of the Con right by the Gas Lamp district and Little Italy.

$150/night which is cheaper than most hotels, especially the nice ones and for ComicCon week, forget it!

Would be great to go with other fans. Lmk if anyone is interested! Hope to see some of you there!!!

Honestly don't know how many blocks it is, but it's walking distance for anyone whose in halfway decent shape. If you get winded walking up the stairs or getting the mail, only then is it not walking distance. Looks to be 10 blocks on Facebook. Keep in mind this is a house, not a room.

Honestly don't know how many blocks it is, but it's walking distance for anyone whose in halfway decent shape. If you get winded walking up the stairs or getting the mail, only then is it not walking distance. .

:signfunny:

5 blocks isn't bad really, unless you're a big spender and buy a lot of TPBs and have to carry a lot around...

Honestly don't know how many blocks it is, but it's walking distance for anyone whose in halfway decent shape. If you get winded walking up the stairs or getting the mail, only then is it not walking distance. .

:signfunny:

5 blocks isn't bad really, unless you're a big spender and buy a lot of TPBs and have to carry a lot around...

True, but at the point, plan on doing your shopping on one day and use Uber to take you back, or those bike carriages. CC always involves a lot of walking regardless. Especially last year, running all over the place trying to find Jim Lee's hidden sketches.

If it's near Little Italy, you're a mile or more from the convention center.

OK then it WALKING DISTANCE FOR ME and any one else who's in shape. Sheesh, I get it people, you don't want to walk.

You misinterpreted my post. A mile is no big deal for me, either. In fact, I really enjoy walking through the Gaslamp. For years, I stayed at the Best Western Bayside, right by Little Italy.

So in that house near Little Italy, would there be a spare 1 bed room plus perhaps a pull-out couch or couch to sleep on for 2 forumites? Rate of $150/night for the extra 2 home sharers or would that be $75/night for the extra 2 fanboys (shrug)?

Bed and breakfast? Would you be staying Wed. to Sat. night of the SDCC departing Sun.?

So in that house near Little Italy, would there be a spare 1 bed room plus perhaps a pull-out couch or couch to sleep on for 2 forumites? Rate of $150/night for the extra 2 home sharers or would that be $75/night for the extra 2 fanboys (shrug)?

Bed and breakfast? Would you be staying Wed. to Sat. night of the SDCC departing Sun.?

I think it's $150 a night per person.

SDCC presale on hotel is going on right now.