• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mighty Con Sat Feb 28th Wheaton IL

24 posts in this topic

Mighty Con

Saturday, Feb. 28th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Dupage Fairgrounds, Building #1 (the large building with the white roof) located at 2015 Manchester Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187

Adults are just $5, and kids 12 and under are free.

Early admission at 9:30 if you buy passes online

Mighty Con website

Pre-wedding duties mean I can't make this one; good luck to those that do. I usually find a few gems at these shows even if you see a lot of familiar faces each time.

Is there a (semi-) local show on March 15th? I wrote down that date for a show a while ago but can't seem to find more info.

Pre-wedding duties mean I can't make this one; good luck to those that do. I usually find a few gems at these shows even if you see a lot of familiar faces each time.

Is there a (semi-) local show on March 15th? I wrote down that date for a show a while ago but can't seem to find more info.

Dan Con is March 22nd.

Toy Con is March 1.

There's a show on the 14th in Hammond, Indiana.

Did anyone go?

I did. I was pretty disappointed with the selection. Lots of $5 books on people's walls. Best book I saw was a Strange Tales 3.0 with a $1500 asking price. Also saw an Avengers 1 with the entire bottom right corner chewed through the book for $650. Lots of sellers with disorganized and dirty boxes. It seemed pretty crowded though. 1 seller I spoke with said he was doing well. I'm unlikely to bother going next time unless I find another collection to flip.

No question that Razor had the best selection of key books.

There was a guy who had a lot of golden age books forgot to take a pic

Unfortunately the condition on his books was really rough and the prices were high. I talked with him for a while and it was his personal collection.