• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

The CW’s ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ to Feature the Metal Men?

Well, as CBR surmises, the Metal Men may be stepping off of the pages of DC Comics and into the spin-off series. No pun intended, but these heroes first appeared during the Silver Age of comics in 1962, going on to appear in an animated series as well as other various merchandise. The team is composed of artificially intelligent robots created by Dr. Will Magnus. Named Gold, Iron, Mercury, Lead, Tin, and Platinum, each of the robots’ personalities were drawn from the metal that made up their bodies. Platinum, also called “Tina”, was the female robot of the group who considered herself to be a real woman and who fell in love with her creator. While the teased image certainly doesn’t confirm her appearance in Legends of Tomorrow, it’s not a bad jumping off point for speculation.

pWwqakc.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow Casts Breakout Mr. Robot Star as DC Ice Queen

The CW spinoff has tapped Stephanie Corneliussen — who emerged as a fan favorite during the USA Network drama’s rookie summer season — to play icy DC Comics character Valentina Vostok for multiple episodes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Valentina is described as a gifted and beautiful Soviet physicist who will stop at nothing to defend her precious “Motherland.” When the Legends encounter her at the height of the Cold War, they suspect her of working with Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) on a secret weapon. Ray/The Atom (Brandon Routh) and Leonard/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) must vie for Valentina’s affection in an attempt to thaw her cold heart, and find out where her allegiance truly lies -— before she completes her project and potentially turns the tide of the Cold War.

ac906f22dae91cf23303b300dda6f42e93e077c4.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow Casts Breakout Mr. Robot Star as DC Ice Queen

The CW spinoff has tapped Stephanie Corneliussen — who emerged as a fan favorite during the USA Network drama’s rookie summer season — to play icy DC Comics character Valentina Vostok for multiple episodes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Valentina is described as a gifted and beautiful Soviet physicist who will stop at nothing to defend her precious “Motherland.” When the Legends encounter her at the height of the Cold War, they suspect her of working with Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) on a secret weapon. Ray/The Atom (Brandon Routh) and Leonard/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) must vie for Valentina’s affection in an attempt to thaw her cold heart, and find out where her allegiance truly lies -— before she completes her project and potentially turns the tide of the Cold War.

ac906f22dae91cf23303b300dda6f42e93e077c4.jpg

It's a shame that they will have to cover her in bandages at some point.

No no no. They don't have the budget to pull this off, and they need to be done RIGHT.

Grrr...

I don't know about that. My wife is working on this and the set they've built is incredible. Like "movie good" not "TV good" so it wouldn't surprise me if they do pull it off.

DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Will Introduce 'Connor Hawke'

A while ago, TV Line reported that DC's Legends Of Tomorrow was casting an "African-American or bi-racial male who decides to put on the uniform of a missing hero who once stood for justice and hope.” Fans speculated that this might be Connor Hawke (son of Oliver Queen and Sandra Hawke, his college girlfriend) and Comicbook.com has managed to confirm that is indeed who it'll be... but with one pretty big twist.

According to them, this incarnation of the character "will not be the son of Oliver Queen and Sandra Hawke."

Who is Rip Hunter's Mother? Here's Why The Creator of Booster Gold Isn't Telling

It was a broad-ranging conversation that we'll be printing in full later this week, but along the way, we spoke about the enduring mysteries of Booster Gold Volume 2: Who is Booster Gold's wife/Rip Hunter's mother, and who the heck is the Black Beetle?

Consistently since the end of Booster Gold Volume 2, which concluded when Flashpoint rebooted the DC Universe, Jurgens has declined to answer the questions, which drove readers crazy throughout the series' run.

"I’ve been around long enough where edicts have been issued that say universes die, no more time travel, but oh wait now we can...and I just think characters live on in a way," Jurgens said. "Certainly with Convergence, what we did is we sort of tweaked Booster Gold's origin and we also showed what happened to Booster Gold from the pre-Flashpoint universe....I always look at it and say there’s going to be a chance one day, someday somehow, to give those answers. And that doesn’t mean [both answers] would be in the same story, but things live on."

Tease!

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Debuts in January, Airs Thursday Nights

The CW has announced its Spring 2016 schedule, and revealed the series premiere date for their Arrow and The Flash spinoff, DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

The series will debut on January 21, 2016, and then air on Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

That will push The Vampire Diaries and The Originals to Friday nights, while The 100 will air following Legends.

Really enjoying the Arrow/Flash universe and looking forward to Legends. But I swear I can't see Routh's Atom without seeing X O Manowar. Which is weird because I grew up with The Atom, the JLA and all that. Part of my geek-dna.

It's disorienting. Every. Time. :blush:

brandon-routh-as-atom-arrow-the-cw.jpg

Maybe in Legends they'll super-science-micro-refine Atom's suit until it's more Flash-like, but with Atom colors. :wishluck: (on an upbeat note: what they've shown of the Thanagarian costumes look damn near perfect. :cloud9: yea! :) )

Really enjoying the Arrow/Flash universe and looking forward to Legends. But I swear I can't see Routh's Atom without seeing X O Manowar. Which is weird because I grew up with The Atom, the JLA and all that. Part of my geek-dna.

It's disorienting. Every. Time. :blush:

Maybe in Legends they'll super-science-micro-refine Atom's suit until it's more Flash-like, but with Atom colors. :wishluck: (on an upbeat note: what they've shown of the Thanagarian costumes look damn near perfect. :cloud9: yea! :) )

I've thought the same thing about X-O Manowar. No kidding! Though I haven't let it distract me from enjoying the appearances.

The Hawkies do look fantastic from the trailer. Better than I expected.

:wishluck:

I've thought the same thing about X-O Manowar. No kidding! Though I haven't let it distract me from enjoying the appearances.

The Hawkies do look fantastic from the trailer. Better than I expected.

:wishluck:

Since they've designed Flash, Reverse-Flash and Zoom, and using a Flash action figure, you can see how EASY it would be for them to do The Atom costume too.

If I had to guess... it's probably in Routh's contract we have to see his full mug while in costume. Agents, negotiations, and all that. You know, guessing. :)

Atom_concept.jpg