• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

FIREFLY Alum Joins DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

As we draw clsoer to the January 21 premiere for DC's Legends of Tomorrow, more and more info about the show continues to be released. The latest new is that Firefly fan-favorite Jewel Staite has joined the show in a guest role. According to TV Line, Staite will play a character named Rachel Turner, a "tech genius/roboticist who exists in a future in which technology has an even firmer grip on our lives than it does today."

TV Line goes on to add that Staite's character has ties to someone from the DCTV Universe and that she's a descendant from a long line of inventors.

jewel-staite-measurements-04-e1425889359442.jpg

Falk Hentschel On Legends of Tomorrow and Bringing the Hawkman Legacy To Life

You have a lot of things that people might recognize you from, especially in geek culture, where you have Transcendence, and Knight and Day, but the very last thing you did before moving to Legends of Tomorrow, was a guest spot on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yeah. A villain. Yeah.

You're one of those handful of people who's been able to transition between those two universes. Is it weird to look at the dominance of comic book adaptations and superheroes, in general, right now?

Yeah. Yeah it is. I think it's ... I'm still trying to figure that out. There is something in the culture that ... There's phases. There's a phase where people gravitate towards war and, there's a phase where people gravitate towards Epic.

In the 90's, there was a lot of Gladiator, Braveheart, those kind of movies -- which I love by the way. I hope that series comes back. Now it's just superheroes. I haven't put my finger on it, but it's not fizzling out, and it's staying strong. I think they're reinventing it. We went from the darker take, which I really enjoyed, that Nolan did with Batman, to then, more humor.

I think, quite honestly with you, that for superhero comic stories, the best medium is really TV. I'm a big film fan, but, the comics came our fairly regular, and almost, not procedural, but there was a lot of story to be told, and I think TV does that really well. TV has that opportunity to really delve in, and have more than a one-off. I wonder if that transition will be made, even more-so in the future?

Jonah Hex To Appear On Legends Of Tomorrow

:o:o:o

DC Comics’ old west anti-hero Jonah Hex will appear on the upcoming CW time-travel series Legends of Tomorrow, according to a report from EW. He will first appear in the show's eleventh episode.

“Ever since we decided that Legends would involve time travel, we were eager to do a story set in the Old West,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “But if you’re going to do a story set in the DC Universe version of the Old West, you simply must include Jonah Hex in it. We’re thrilled about bringing another well known, beloved DC character to television.”

:wishluck:

Jonah Hex To Appear On Legends Of Tomorrow

:o:o:o

DC Comics’ old west anti-hero Jonah Hex will appear on the upcoming CW time-travel series Legends of Tomorrow, according to a report from EW. He will first appear in the show's eleventh episode.

“Ever since we decided that Legends would involve time travel, we were eager to do a story set in the Old West,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “But if you’re going to do a story set in the DC Universe version of the Old West, you simply must include Jonah Hex in it. We’re thrilled about bringing another well known, beloved DC character to television.”

:wishluck:

:wishluck::wishluck:

Now I have to watch this show. Well, maybe that episode, for sure.

They need to get Hex right!

New Details On Jewel Staite's Role In DC's Legends of Tomorrow

"She’s related to one of our heroes," Klemmer told KSiteTV. "We will find that she’s not a person off the street. We are going into the most distant future that we will be visiting, and we will find that she is the biological result of something that one of our characters either directly or indirectly did before their recruitment in the pilot, in 2016. As we know, when we pull our characters out of the timeline, they cease to have an effect on the future, but this will be a sort of Ghost of Christmas Future where somebody will realize that something that they did before they left had a butterfly effect on the future that will effectively — they will have aided and abetted Vandal Savage’s rise to power."

hm

Franz Drameh Would Like to See Static On DC's Legends of Tomorrow

What can you say about the difference between this Firestorm with Jax versus the one we saw with Robbie?

Well, Jax does not want to be a hero. Like, he does not want these powers, but at the end of the day, when it comes down to it, he has to step up and kind of embrace it and do his job. So, yeah, this Jax is more of a… I mean, he’s an athlete. He’s an ex-high school athlete working as a mechanic when he becomes Firestorm. So it’s a very different character to Ronnie Raymond, who we’ve previously seen.

Is there any character in the DC universe that you would like to see on Legends?

Oh…Static Shock would be fun. Static Shock. I do like Static. Yeah, it’d be fun. Static would be cool.