• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

I won the Cap #39 CGC 5.0 at what I thought was a low price, about what a raw VG sold for ebay recently I guess bidders realized it doesn't have the Red Skull centerfold that was advertised.

I won the Cap #39 CGC 5.0 at what I thought was a low price, about what a raw VG sold for ebay recently I guess bidders realized it doesn't have the Red Skull centerfold that was advertised.
:applause: Nice pick up!

little mod/ext cap 1 in 4.5 looks like it might go for blue guide! hot book, and i'm oh so glad i already have mine.

$22,200, so a bit under VG guide. Looking at GPA, seems as if this around what restored copies in this grading range have been going for lately--hard though that may be to believe! :D

:o That's more than double what the last EP 5.0 went for two years ago.

-J.

but restored comics never appreciate :makepoint:

The tiny fraction that restored books go for is due for a correction. Some of the price differences are plain silly, especially for books with very minor restoration.

Chamber of Chills 19 CGC 8.5 $2903 (shrug)

I agree, crazy business. It's a cool cover granted but no where near the best of the run, IMO.

I'm not all that surprised, it's a perennial favorite, and can sell for as much as a grand in VG. The best deal recently was a 6.5 ( the new guys) with minor color touch that sold for just under $800 on ebay.

Wow. $22k for a 0.5 Tec 31 and only $36k for a Tec 33, 6.5.

Something definitely seems more than a little out of whack about that, and 33 certainly seems severely under-valued in relation at this point. doh!

-J.

..... Same here...... Tec 33 just seems to have a lot to offer....and it's an Uber-Cool book (...to me) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Totally agree.

+1. The tec 33 was a deal

...and yet this restored 1.0 is up to over $11k on ebay with three days to go.... (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-33-DC-Comics-Golden-Age-1939-Origin-of-Batman-CGC-1-0-/191542299735?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c98cf8c57

-J.

Something definitely seems more than a little out of whack about that, and 33 certainly seems severely under-valued in relation at this point. doh!

-J.

..... Same here...... Tec 33 just seems to have a lot to offer....and it's an Uber-Cool book (...to me) GOD BLESS...

Totally agree.

...and yet this restored 1.0 is up to over $11k on ebay with three days to go.... (shrug)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-33-DC-Comics-Golden-Age-1939-Origin-of-Batman-CGC-1-0-/191542299735?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c98cf8c57

-J.

+1 6.5 at 36k is a steal. is an easy 50k+ in relation to the tec 31. Good job on the buyer. 6.5 is a tough grade for early tecs also.

-J.

Totally agree.

-J.

+1 6.5 at 36k is a steal. is an easy 50k+ in relation to the tec 31. Good job on the buyer. 6.5 is a tough grade for early tecs also.

I often agree that some books can slip under the radar from time to time... tec 33 is not an "Under the radar slipping" kind of book...

its proven time and time again that the market just doesn't have the same kind of love for 33 as 29 or 31 or 35, etc... its not an easy 50K in relation to 31, is 36K (thumbs u

-J.

Totally agree.

-J.

I often agree that some books can slip under the radar from time to time... tec 33 is not an "Under the radar slipping" kind of book...

its proven time and time again that the market just doesn't have the same kind of love for 33 as 29 or 31 or 35, etc... its not an easy 50K in relation to 31, is 36K (thumbs u

As usual, but not always, I agree with Rick. If you've owned and bought/sold these books, you know that for whatever reason #33 is a tougher sell behind the 31, 29, and 35 (in that order).

-J.

Totally agree.

-J.

hm I'm not so sure about that. There may actually have been a little radar slipping involved there. A 7.0 tec 33 went for about $50k last year. Accounting for inflation, submariner may not be too far off from his $50k guesstimate for an FMV of that 6.5 now, and probably not less than $45k. If it wasn't an outright radar slip, the pair of tec 31's certainly snared the limelight.

-J.

WTF is this about?

10k a point (so far!) for a RESTORE?? Anyone else scratching their head? 8k over the 8.0 ep sold for last year.

Are the bidders are unaware it's restored because of the CBCS label? I thought it was universal at first myself.

What would this book be if it didn't have resto? 1.0-1.5?

Meanwhile the 6.5 is looking very low so far...

-J.

Totally agree.

-J.

hm I'm not so sure about that. There may actually have been a little radar slipping involved there. A 7.0 tec 33 went for about $50k last year. Accounting for inflation, submariner may not be too far off from his $50k guesstimate for an FMV of that 6.5 now, and probably not less than $45k. If it wasn't an outright radar slip, the pair of tec 31's certainly snared the limelight.

-J.

again, tec 33 doesn't have to "share" any limelight...it is a pre robin tec and I'd hazard a guess that just about ANYONE and EVERYONE that wanted to own that copy, had every opportunity to bid it higher than 36K and did not... let's not kid ourselves here...that doesn't mean the winning bidder wasn't willing to pay 50K for it, but he/she didn't have too...

unlike common SA books where previous sales often times dictate trends for grades, many GA books sell "uniquely"... that 7.0 might have been pressable, or meet bidders differing criteria, or have something that appealed to warrant the higher price... doesn't mean the tec copy (which had lower pq for sure) didn't sell for exactly what it should for... in fact, it DID sell for exactly what it should for, as the market spoke with its bidding (at this point in time...maybe one day a buyer will pay $100K for that copy, who knows)