• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

pep 22 moderate 3.0 is at 30k since its an entry level copy... likethe tec 31 .5

especially pep 22. only 21 cgc copies. 10 unrestored.

also people usually keep them for the long run

the 6.5 is looking like a steal under 100k

this same copy sold 4+ years ago for about 120K, then at auction 2 years later at $111K.... it lost 4.5% value from a private sale to a public auction....

that said, I don't think it will finish less than 100K (thumbs u

I agree with you in theory. But there are other publicly available data points that further suggest the book did in fact sell "cheap". In addition to the 7.0 that went for $50k last year there was also a 1.5 with "slightly brittle pages" on the label and a detached cover that went for just under $10k. Plus we have a restored 1.0 on ebay right now at over $11k.

Whomever got that 6.5 for $36k on CC got one helluva score. (worship)

-J.

I believe the lower grades are more "entry" level pricing (stronger)...kind of like the .5 tec 31...at 20K for a .5, doesn't mean a 1.0 will sell for 40K, etc...

tec 33 is a must have for most all bat collectors...I've put the 27-37 run together ,I dare say, more times in past 10 years than, anyone on these boards (not counting metro) and probably anyone in the country...its always been the easiest to obtain of the bat covers, and where as it had been valued higher than the rest for many years, I don't think it is a matter of it "catching up", but rather correcting down relative to the demand the other 3 command...

I do think that the 31 just so happens to be the one that's "in" right now, and these things are cyclical.

-J.

31 has been "in" for over 10 years. If you do a search, you'll find GA.tor and I debating 31 (my pick) over 29 (Rick's pick) from years ago...fwiw, by and large, Rick used to be the river from which all 31s (and many 29s) flowed.

I still like 29 more (closely followed by 31)....but tec 31 has clearly usurped all pre robin tecs in the value department ....

tec 33 used to be "the " pre robin tec to have outside of 27 (15-30+ years ago), due to the short origin story... but all that changed with the advent of cgc 15 years ago...

so, it is not a "new" trend, as david has stated...31, 29 and 35 have been on the rise for 15 straight years, surpassing 33....in that time, 33 has gone from 1 to 4....I have no clue what will bring it "back".... it will stay solid in 4th (as I don't think 36 or 37 will surpass, though I do think those 2 will increase value by a greater % than 33 will, since its starting so low relatively speaking)

i knew about the last sale.

thats why i said if its under 100k its a steal and ill take it for 80k:)

still waiting for a low grade copy from you Rick lol

the high grade copy seems cheap compared to the entry level peers.

ie. pep 22 3.0 moderate amateur

i knew about the last sale.

thats why i said if its under 100k its a steal and ill take it for 80k:)

still waiting for a low grade copy from you Rick lol

the high grade copy seems cheap compared to the entry level peers.

ie. pep 22 3.0 moderate amateur

I had those two gd copies a few years ago, both within a month of each other....haven't had one for sale since :cry:

I agree with you in theory. But there are other publicly available data points that further suggest the book did in fact sell "cheap". In addition to the 7.0 that went for $50k last year there was also a 1.5 with "slightly brittle pages" on the label and a detached cover that went for just under $10k. Plus we have a restored 1.0 on ebay right now at over $11k.

-J.

I believe the lower grades are more "entry" level pricing (stronger)...kind of like the .5 tec 31...at 20K for a .5, doesn't mean a 1.0 will sell for 40K, etc...

tec 33 is a must have for most all bat collectors...I've put the 27-37 run together ,I dare say, more times in past 10 years than, anyone on these boards (not counting metro) and probably anyone in the country...its always been the easiest to obtain of the bat covers, and where as it had been valued higher than the rest for many years, I don't think it is a matter of it "catching up", but rather correcting down relative to the demand the other 3 command...

I do think that the 31 just so happens to be the one that's "in" right now, and these things are cyclical.

-J.

31 has been "in" for over 10 years. If you do a search, you'll find GA.tor and I debating 31 (my pick) over 29 (Rick's pick) from years ago...fwiw, by and large, Rick used to be the river from which all 31s (and many 29s) flowed.

I still like 29 more (closely followed by 31)....but tec 31 has clearly usurped all pre robin tecs in the value department ....

tec 33 used to be "the " pre robin tec to have outside of 27 (15-30+ years ago), due to the short origin story... but all that changed with the advent of cgc 15 years ago...

so, it is not a "new" trend, as david has stated...31, 29 and 35 have been on the rise for 15 straight years, surpassing 33....in that time, 33 has gone from 1 to 4....I have no clue what will bring it "back".... it will stay solid in 4th (as I don't think 36 or 37 will surpass, though I do think those 2 will increase value by a greater % than 33 will, since its starting so low relatively speaking)

:acclaim:

Tec%2031%202.5_zpsj06pwsul.jpg

-J.

-J.

:acclaim:

Tec%2031%202.5_zpsj06pwsul.jpg

at the time, though, they sold approx. the same...for years after too...last 5 years though, I've recognized the 31 with the value edge, so no argument there...

i beg to differ. 33 will catch up. it was as you said no.2 after 27 but now a 6.5 for 36k is way too low for it. give it a couple of years... or start hoarding them G.A tor lol... then it shall explode
that's just it...I don't have a desire to hoard them, as I don't see anything that is going to equate to a resurgence in demand, relative to the supply that regularly changes hand...

on the same token, I don't buy 31 or 29 or 35 any more either...outside of my one personal copy of each, just not a book I want to "deal" in any longer...

i beg to differ. 33 will catch up. it was as you said no.2 after 27 but now a 6.5 for 36k is way too low for it. give it a couple of years... or start hoarding them G.A tor lol... then it shall explode
that's just it...I don't have a desire to hoard them, as I don't see anything that is going to equate to a resurgence in demand, relative to the supply that regularly changes hand...

on the same token, I don't buy 31 or 29 or 35 any more either...outside of my one personal copy of each, just not a book I want to "deal" in any longer...

what about that dog of a book, Detective 38?

not a pre robin tec :baiting:

but certainly a book that has experienced a nice surge of increased demand....so much that I just bought a restored copy...

not a pre robin tec :baiting:

but certainly a book that has experienced a nice surge of increased demand....so much that I just bought a restored copy...

hm

:banana:

A little bidding war on the Allentown Marvel 1. It rose $30,000 during extended bidding and sold for $117,900. I thought for sure the seller was going to lose a chunk but he ended up just about breaking even.

If/when 33 does experience a "resurgence" it will be because the 31 and 29 (and to a lesser extent the 35) have become outlandishly expensive and the 33 (with the combo of classic cover/ 1930's Bats, etc) will look like a insane bargain in comparison.

And after these recent auction results I would say we are probably closer to that time than not.

-J.

pep 22 moderate 3.0 is at 30k since its an entry level copy... likethe tec 31 .5

especially pep 22. only 21 cgc copies. 10 unrestored.

also people usually keep them for the long run

the 6.5 is looking like a steal under 100k

I wonder what my 6.5 is worth :grin:

A little bidding war on the Allentown Marvel 1. It rose $30,000 during extended bidding and sold for $117,900. I thought for sure the seller was going to lose a chunk but he ended up just about breaking even.

Spectacular book.

The Marvel 0.5 did very well and about what I expected it to sell. The More Fun #73 is going bonkers (worship) I am still shocked it is selling this high, I thought the HA copy was a "fluke." Aquaman is not even in the cover :sumo:

let's recap my last 4 MF 73 sales...

3.5 (that sold on heritage) I sold for 5K at Chicago 2 years ago

5.5....sold at 7500 (also at Chicago)

5.0 sold at 17,500 (last sept)

8.0 sold at 50K (last Oct)...

guess I missed the boat lol

The Marvel 0.5 did very well and about what I expected it to sell. The More Fun #73 is going bonkers (worship) I am still shocked it is selling this high, I thought the HA copy was a "fluke." Aquaman is not even in the cover :sumo:

let's recap my last 4 MF 73 sales...

3.5 (that sold on heritage) I sold for 5K at Chicago 2 years ago

5.5....sold at 7500 (also at Chicago)

5.0 sold at 17,500 (last sept)

8.0 sold at 50K (last Oct)...

guess I missed the boat lol

Dang :cry: Sorry to see how much you sold your copies for relative to how much it is selling now. I remember your MF sales thread where you sold the 5.0 copy? I wished I bought it doh!

Some very strong prices for the MH Masters.

Master #43 CGC 9.4 -- $5755, more than 8X Guide.

Master #49 CGC 9.6 -- $3666, more than 5X Guide

Master #51 CGC 9.2 -- $2409, more than 3X Guide

Master #54 CGC 9.2 -- $2110, more than 3X Guide

I thought it might be the WW II covers driving the prices (#43, #51), but the #54 went for a really strong price too.

I thought I was going in with decent bids, but I didn't even come close except on the #49. So much for a slump in comic prices! :tonofbricks: