• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant first appearances (quick version for beginners) Now with pictures!
2 2

1,097 posts in this topic

Just sold a raw one for $3..... happy days! :facepalm:

Ignorance is bliss......

You sold a gold version for $3? I recently sold a NM gold copy for $99! $3 is about right for the regular version.

They left the cover price in the gold logo box by mistake, none of the other Valiant gold books had a cover price. It is not uncommon to mistake it for the regular version.

Sorry to pee in everyone cornflakes, but weren't most of the print runs 500,000+ with some up near 900,000?

Just something I read.

Turok #1 had something like 1.7 million printed (and was the 5th highest selling book the month it released). Bloodshot #1: about 800,000. There are plenty of other books from 1993–1994 with print runs in the hundreds of thousands, but some of the pre-Unity books are below 40,000. And the various premium books (gold issues, VVSS, and coupon books) are very limited)

There were about 800 Valiant books produced 1991-1996. There were 80,000,000 copies printed.

The average Valiant book has 100,000 copies.

The earliest books were lower than average, and the final books were much lower than average (which is why they stopped making them).

Valiant books from 1993 and 1994 are significantly higher than 100,000 copies... all the way up to 1.7million for Turok #1.

The Valiant books on this first appearances list (in the first post) from 1991 and halfway down the 1992 list are lower than 100,000... most are closer to 50,000.

I hope they make some good stuff. I loved Bloodshot, Magnus, and Harbinger when they 1st came out. Eternal Warrior, X-O, Solar, and a few others were very good too. I guess some of these books are no longer under the Valiant umbrella. Based on how inexpensive the show would be to make, I would choose the early Bloodshot books including Rai 0, Eternal Warrior 4 and 5, and Bloodshot 1 to be the books to get. Archer and Armstrong might be fun too.

I used to have such a good time pulling Valiants out of dollar bins back in the early 2000s.

I'm sure the good stuff is still out there, but it certainly can't be found at my local shops the way it used to be. I turned $200 into a grand with one dealer at Wizard World Philly '03 - Diamond Unity TPBs, golds, pre-Unity keys. I miss those days!

Ignorance is bliss......

You sold a gold version for $3? I recently sold a NM gold copy for $99! $3 is about right for the regular version.

They left the cover price in the gold logo box by mistake, none of the other Valiant gold books had a cover price.

...except for EW #1 flat, which led to the mistake of selling it as a second print on the west coast, which led to the embossed.

;)

Ignorance is bliss......

They left the cover price in the gold logo box by mistake, none of the other Valiant gold books had a cover price. It is not uncommon to mistake it for the regular version.

$3.00?!?!!?

Ugh! I so want one...

Wanna know what is, by far, the rarest gold 9.8?

Eternal Warrior #1 flat.

A mere 14 on the census, and we have proven that those numbers include errors by CGC mixing the two up.

The A&A #0 Gold is tough, for sure...but the EW #1 flat gold is the toughest.

Wanna know what is, by far, the rarest gold 9.8?

Eternal Warrior #1 flat.

A mere 14 on the census, and we have proven that those numbers include errors by CGC mixing the two up.

The A&A #0 Gold is tough, for sure...but the EW #1 flat gold is the toughest.

I'm glad I bought when I did. :grin:

Sorry to pee in everyone cornflakes, but weren't most of the print runs 500,000+ with some up near 900,000?

Just something I read.

Turok #1 had something like 1.7 million printed (and was the 5th highest selling book the month it released). Bloodshot #1: about 800,000. There are plenty of other books from 1993–1994 with print runs in the hundreds of thousands, but some of the pre-Unity books are below 40,000. And the various premium books (gold issues, VVSS, and coupon books) are very limited)

There were about 800 Valiant books produced 1991-1996. There were 80,000,000 copies printed.

The average Valiant book has 100,000 copies.

The earliest books were lower than average, and the final books were much lower than average (which is why they stopped making them).

Valiant books from 1993 and 1994 are significantly higher than 100,000 copies... all the way up to 1.7million for Turok #1.

The Valiant books on this first appearances list (in the first post) from 1991 and halfway down the 1992 list are lower than 100,000... most are closer to 50,000.

It is funny seeing these print numbers laid out like that considering there are so few books that pass the 100,000 monthly threshold today.........

Mine has a green label because it's missing the back cover or the centerfold or has some kind of horrible damage, I guess. :tonofbricks:

1160642017_1200.jpg

:grin:

:takeit:

What?!? I thought I was the only one who could stomach the green label of death. (shrug)

Mine has a green label because it's missing the back cover or the centerfold or has some kind of horrible damage, I guess. :tonofbricks:

1160642017_1200.jpg

:grin:

:takeit:

What?!? I thought I was the only one who could stomach the green label of death. (shrug)

Someone will post the yellow one soon enough.

And, if Shooter ever comes back to cons, it will have some companions...

:whistle: