• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALBANY COMIC CON - SUNDAY, JUNE 7, 2015 (ALBANY, NY)

13 posts in this topic

Albany has a Comic Convention taking place on Sunday, June 7, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Holiday Inn at 205 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205.

Guests Include:

- Graham Nolan

- Joe Sinnott

- Joe Staton

- Todd Dezago

- Ron Marz

- Fred Hembeck

- Bob Wiacek

- Mark McKenna

- Mike Reicht

- More at: http://www.albanycomicbookshow.com/index.html

Albany has a Comic Convention taking place on Sunday, June 7, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Holiday Inn at 205 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205.

Guests Include:

- Graham Nolan

- Joe Sinnott

- Joe Staton

- Todd Dezago

- Ron Marz

- Fred Hembeck

- Bob Wiacek

- Mark McKenna

- Mike Reicht

Anyone planning to attend?

mm

Guests Include:

- Graham Nolan

- Joe Sinnott

- Joe Staton

- Todd Dezago

- Ron Marz

- Fred Hembeck

- Bob Wiacek

- Mark McKenna

- Mike Reicht

mm

I'm pumped up for this show, I have heard there is a decent amount of silver and golden age books in the room.I have never been to this show but I have talked to dealers who have set up there and they have all emphatically said it is a great show.

I'll be set up there with a couple tables, along with my (sometimes) show partner, ChesterCopperPot....who I keep telling he should sign up on this forum but he still has not done so (shrug)

Chester has some great books....he picked up a Fantastic Four last week 45 CGC 8.0 last week and a Strange Tales 126 CGC 7.0 (thumbs u , they will both be on our wall at Albany

Guests Include:

- Graham Nolan

- Joe Sinnott

- Joe Staton

- Todd Dezago

- Ron Marz

- Fred Hembeck

- Bob Wiacek

- Mark McKenna

- Mike Reicht

mm

I'm pumped up for this show, I have heard there is a decent amount of silver and golden age books in the room.I have never been to this show but I have talked to dealers who have set up there and they have all emphatically said it is a great show.

I'll be set up there with a couple tables, along with my (sometimes) show partner, ChesterCopperPot....who I keep telling he should sign up on this forum but he still has not done so (shrug)

Chester has some great books....he picked up a Fantastic Four 45 CGC 8.0 last week and a Strange Tales 126 CGC 7.0...both of which he had the one and only BronzeBruce13 press for him, before he had them graded on site at Wizard Philly (thumbs u

I'll have to stop by!

mm

I plan on going again, it's a great small show. I got sketches last year from Joe Sinnott, Joe Stanton and Matthew Dow Smith. Some cosplay but now overly dominant, decent selection of books, good access to creators. $10 to get in. They are doing a OA art auction for charity, I may have to get in on some of that action this time.

I'll have to stop by!

mm

I plan on going again, it's a great small show. I got sketches last year from Joe Sinnott, Joe Stanton and Matthew Dow Smith. Some cosplay but now overly dominant, decent selection of books, good access to creators. $10 to get in. They are doing a OA art auction for charity, I may have to get in on some of that action this time.

Cool, it's always nice to meet a couple fellow boardies in person :)

Are any of the promotors of this event on the Boards?

mm

Marty, I do not know if the promoter is a board member on here or not.

I know that the promoter, John Belskis of Excellent Adventures in Balston Spa NY, has a massive Golden Age personal collection so one would assume he's also a boardie....

You can reach John at his store, the store number is on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Excellent-Adventures/116641015026513

Or ....

http://www.excellentadventurescomics.com/contact-us.html

http://www.albanycomicbookshow.com/index.html

As a side note, I do not know if there will be any CGC facilitators there.Anyone know?

If not, I'll contact CGC and apply to be faciliator, I have a couple books which I'd like to have Joe Staton sign, anyway.

Any word back from CGC?

I have a MICKEY MANTLE #1 & #2 I'd like to have Joe Sinnott sign.

mm

As a side note, I do not know if there will be any CGC facilitators there.Anyone know?

If not, I'll contact CGC and apply to be faciliator, I have a couple books which I'd like to have Joe Staton sign, anyway.

Any word back from CGC?

I have a MICKEY MANTLE #1 & #2 I'd like to have Joe Sinnott sign.

mm

I have not contacted CGC yet, I was *hoping* a facilitator would be there.

I'll give CGC a call tomorrow and ask about the process involved with being a facilitator.

To be honest, I've got a whole lot on my plate right now, as far as getting ready for upcoming shows and prepping books to sub to CGC at NYC SE on the 6th.... so, I was really trying to hint that it'd be cool if a facilitator was there.....but I'll certainly applywith CGC tomorrow, if no one else will be facilitating signatures.

The show is definitely growing, the reported paid attendance figure was over 1,500 at the last Albany Comic Con.If the show brings in over 1500 customers through the door, you have to know there will be plenty of good comics in the room.

I'm looking forward to setting up there for the first time this Sunday, along with my partner.

We decided to opt out of doing the NYCCC Special Edition on 6/6-6/7 and drive an additional 2 hours to get to Albany......that is just how SOLID the feedback on this show is, that I have heard from dealers whom I know personally, who set up at this show regularly.

From a buying viewpoint, I think the prices will be more collector friendly,as I believe dealers generally will not be asking "New York City" prices for their nicer books.

I plan on filling on picking up a few books for my personal collection, for sure!

Listed below are the exhibitors who will be set up at this Sunday's Albany Comic Con, see the link below for more details on the show.

http://www.albanycomicbookshow.com/index.html

Adam Wright

Alan Ekblaw

Alternations

Aquilonia Comics and Cards

Armored Dino Productions

Awesome Robot Science

Bill Dealing

Carol Bosselman

Colin O'Malley (Copper Age Kids)

Comic Book Hall of Fame

Comic Depot