• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Fan Expo - The Show Nobody Wants To Go To?

104 posts in this topic

I'm using going to get my free ticket on Saturday, as I bought the three day pass last year.

I'll be done in 4 hours max

Greggy, could you clarify on a topic that my friend and I was debating. What 3-day pass from last year did you got ... from Toronto or from Vancouver? I told my friend that to get a free ticket (1-day), you had to have last year pass from Canada Expo to redeem for Vancouver Fan Expo this year.

He thinks it has to be last year Vancouver 3-day pass premium or VIP. I said no.

Thanks for any help

Agreed with all of you above. Not a 3-day show at all. Will be there, and will likely be in and out in no time at all. Missing out on ECCC this year, so this will likely be one of my only shows this year :( Hope I can find some solid deals like last year!

You get the 1 day pass to attend VanFanExpo if you purchased a FanExpo last year in TO.

Thank you, that confirmed what I've thought to be the case. Interesting... greggy said he has the 3-day pass to use for one day pass. But...

greggy does not attend Fan Expo Canada in Toronto when his forumite buddies travel to Calgary Expo or Emerald City to meet his greatness. :sumo:

hmhm

Anyway, the show at Heritage Hall today was great. Lots of cheap books to find, got some for my friend - he was happy to get from me. See you in Van Fan Expo on saturday! Next weekend is another place to check out lots before bidding.

You get the 1 day pass to attend VanFanExpo if you purchased a FanExpo last year in TO.

That is a good promotion to try to get some TO collectors to visit Vancouver for the Easter long weekend. Not surprisingly, the Van Fan Expo is not sold out of dealer's booths 10 days before the event in case Beamer's team wants to try their luck selling in his home city. :wishluck:

dear Hotflips,

Please have your inventory border crossing papers in order. A generic sample may be found here for another comicon:

http://www.calgaryexpo.com/_storage/54e3a376ea02e.pdf

Note the clause about giving a deposit at the border for taxes to be collected when you sell goods in Canada. This is to even out your cost of goods advantage by sourcing your goods from USA so that Canadian based vendors may :wishluck: try to compete on price.

The Fan Expo will be where the green urban roof is 1 block west (left) of the older white sails pavilion convention center. Overhead pic of downtown Vancouver:

2Gx5Bprh.jpg

Will try to post pics on Easter Friday as I will have dealer badge access. :idea:

The Fan Expo will be where the green urban roof is 1 block west (left) of the older white sails pavilion convention center. Overhead pic of downtown Vancouver:

2Gx5Bprh.jpg

Will try to post pics on Easter Friday as I will have dealer badge access. :idea:

I must say that Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities on the planet. The boardies who live there are alright too.

Crossing the border to go to a real show

Unfortunately, Zeck and Wrightson have cancelled from Fan Expo. Ramon Perez and George Perez still signing on both Sat. and Easter Sunday. greggy, you can still get your pic taken with Carrie Fisher or Karen Gillan (Dr Who) on Friday or Sat.

Not much buzz at the LCS. Perhaps collectors burnt out from last week's Comicpalooza in the Vancouver area?

(thumbs u Friday at ECCC, Seattle, WA.

Sat. at small South Vancouver comicon.

Sun. live or online bidding for a local comic book auction. Some overstocked comics were consigned from an estate from NWT. Hope no shilling by online bidder comicon2013 also from North West Territories. :devil:

Zeck is coming now. Confirmed through his Twitter. I recall meeting him at a con in 1991-ish at the Hotel Vancouver, nice guy...

I went to that show as well and met Zeck there, I used to drive up to a lot of the smaller shows to Vancouver, its only a few hours from here in Seattle and is a really beautiful city. While I am quite tired from ECCC, I am tempted to head up for Fan Expo, they still have a few exhibitor booths left, its the whole border crossing nonsense that is keeping me from committing 100%, it wasn't an issue a few years ago.

I sat out Vancouver Fan Expo last year as an exhibitor, but went up for a day to check it out, was surprised at how crammed the exhibitors were, booth space really should be 10x10 instead of 8x8 which gives not much room to display stuff. Any idea for those up in Vancouver what the buzz is like for the show? Any idea on ticket sales?