• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Fan Expo - The Show Nobody Wants To Go To?

104 posts in this topic

Vancouver fan Expo year 1: 2012 10' x 10' standard convention booth size.

2013 started to shrink to 10' x 8'.

2014 shrank to 'Fan Expo Canada' standard of 8' x 8' booth size where it stays for Easter, 2015 weekend.

Heard buzz for Fleetwood Mac concert at Rogers arena Sat. April 4/15. Buzz from Easter, 2014 Vancouver Fan Expo was "I managed to breakeven on the raw cost of the booth by end of Sunday."

Stephen Amell (Arrow) signing on Sat. only. I imagine his sig will be same price level as Wm Shatner at $85. Brent Spiner (Data ST:NG) sig $40, Carrie Fisher sig (Friday and Sat. appearance) $70. Get your photo taken and signed with 3 retired/killed cast members from Walking Dead for $150.

Flatliner: I will see you near the $1 bins. ha, ha. We will scoop up all the 'deals' before greggy enters on Sat. :whee: Weather for weekend is sunny with some overcast showers for Fan Expo.

Crossing the border to go to a real show

Booth locations here. Note that Metropolis Comics is from Burnaby, not NYC.

http://www.fanexpovancouver.com/2012/wp-content/uploads/FEV15-Exhibitors.pdf

Hoflips at booth 638. Harley Yee missing in action. :gossip:

Guess Mike Zeck will take over Wrightson's booth at P 23 ?

Most artists and inkers in the P section.

I think the booths were 10x10 last year, or maybe year before.

And got shrunk this year.

Buzz is pretty negative so far.

I believe the few remaining booths that were available last week got spoken for so I am sitting this year out as an exhibitor. The first two years the show was fun, lots of potential but profitable in setting up at. I didn't care though for the location change for year two, and from what I had heard from other exhibitors, no one else did. Year three I sat out, my friend decided to go up and set up again as he had the first two years as well, but he got nailed at the border with over $500 in fees. I went up last year for a day and looked around, exhibitor booths were quite small compared to the first two years, I think they were 8x8 but looked more like 6x6 and were crammed together with a lot of dead empty space elsewhere in the hall that could have been utilized. Seeing that they have doubled the exhibitor booth prices in just a few years, they should at the very least have 10x10 booths.

Karen Gillam (Dr Who) has cancelled. John Barrowman (Torchwood, Arrow) should be at Fan Expo all 3 days.

Parking under hotel is outrageous at $14/evening or $9/hr. One can get evening parking allocated for Fan Expo for $3 west of the A&W which is west of the Waterfront skytrain station else just take the bus, seabus or skytrain downtown.

Heading to pick up my ticket then line up... bringing couple books to read in waiting. Who need parking ... Deadpool's taking them all for the filming! Well, skytrain is alway the best to go - it's only less 10 mins walking.

See you all in the show, chocolate-lovin' bunnies! :devil: