• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

That's what I have been seeing. I need 2 more Infiltration incentives, and the #22 RI. I did find a guy in Canada who claims to have a #22 that he got directly from IDW. He said it isn't for sale at this time.

Are you missing the Infiltration Guido Guidi 1:100's?

Graded MTMTE 19 RI turned up on eBay.

MTMTE 19RI 9.0 CGC

750 clams for 9.0? That seems a little on the high side. I know Transformers don't have that huge of a print run and a 1:25 rarer still. But demand isn't exactly up there, I could see a 100 or so. Am I missing something with this?

Yes. Key Transformers book, less than 300 exist, articles talking about it's rarity:

http://tfsquareone.blogspot.com/2014/03/top-3-toughest-idw-mtmte-covers.html

I have sold a raw 9.0 for $300, and a 9.2 for $300 so I agree he is on the high side but only graded copy and he is using the 1st to market thing to his advantage.

I have a NM+ Raw that I could press and slab, but it won't happen unless I find another raw copy.

Graded MTMTE 19 RI turned up on eBay.

MTMTE 19RI 9.0 CGC

750 clams for 9.0? That seems a little on the high side. I know Transformers don't have that huge of a print run and a 1:25 rarer still. But demand isn't exactly up there, I could see a 100 or so. Am I missing something with this?

Yes. Key Transformers book, less than 300 exist, articles talking about it's rarity:

http://tfsquareone.blogspot.com/2014/03/top-3-toughest-idw-mtmte-covers.html

I have sold a raw 9.0 for $300, and a 9.2 for $300 so I agree he is on the high side but only graded copy and he is using the 1st to market thing to his advantage.

I have a NM+ Raw that I could press and slab, but it won't happen unless I find another raw copy.

Great article. The things you learn here. Looks like I may be looking for a copy for while.

I think I dropped $180 or so on a MTMTE #19 RI. It took a few days of negotiating to come down from $275. I also agree with the high price. The 9.0 copy on ebay looks super clean, so I would like to see grader notes. I'm wondering if it could be pressed to a higher grade.

The only thing that miffs me about the Infiltration RI books is that some sellers don't have the mini prints that are supposed to come with some of the books. It's been hit and miss, but I don't really consider the book complete without them. It's just a little hard to argue price, when so few are floating around.

As far as the MTMTE and RID #12 RI covers from the article, I actually stumbled across both at a local store. The books were chilling with the rest of the TF back issues, and I scooped up both for a total of $14. They are at CGC right now. I feel that I should have pressed them first, but I'll see how they come back. My new thing in the last few months is to have everything pressed before grading. It's costly sometimes, but for all the time and money I've out into this collection, I'd like the books to look as good as they can.

That's what I have been seeing. I need 2 more Infiltration incentives, and the #22 RI. I did find a guy in Canada who claims to have a #22 that he got directly from IDW. He said it isn't for sale at this time.

I had a 22RI before I sold off all my IDW books. I may have bought mine from IDW as well. Years ago IDW was selling nice sets of variant books on eBay. Instead of tape on the back of the bag/board they would have a IDW seal on the back, I think it was a small sticker if I remember correctly. Thats where I had gotten my full set of 4 Nightbeat Spotlight books. Im sure someone on this thread bought them from me.

Off topic but I was able to confirm that I do have a full set of Dreamwave books including all variants, they put out some really beautiful signed books for Volume 1, not sure of many people know about them. The missing book for me for a while was issue Vol 3 7B & 7C by Pacific Productions. As I was sorting some loose books I found that at one point I had bought a 7C, no idea from where, but its finally over.

Unless someone can prove me wrong, I really enjoy the Dreamwave stuff.

I had a 22RI before I sold off all my IDW books. I may have bought mine from IDW as well. Years ago IDW was selling nice sets of variant books on eBay. Instead of tape on the back of the bag/board they would have a IDW seal on the back, I think it was a small sticker if I remember correctly. Thats where I had gotten my full set of 4 Nightbeat Spotlight books. Im sure someone on this thread bought them from me.

Off topic but I was able to confirm that I do have a full set of Dreamwave books including all variants, they put out some really beautiful signed books for Volume 1, not sure of many people know about them. The missing book for me for a while was issue Vol 3 7B & 7C by Pacific Productions. As I was sorting some loose books I found that at one point I had bought a 7C, no idea from where, but its finally over.

I remember when IDW used to sell those sets. I ended up with a bunch of them. Stormbringer, Devastation and a bunch of Spotlight incentive sets. As far as Dreamwave went, outside of the questionable business model, I remember enjoying G1 Vol 2 and Vol 3 along with the War Within stories. It would have been nice to get some closure in the stories.

That would be me who bought those books from you. Multiple times on eBay in fact!

All Hail Megatron Killing Joke in my sig came from you too.

I thought so, actually I'm pretty sure the AHM books came directly from IDW :grin: I think I had bought 4 or 5 of them. I only have 1 copy left it's a great cover. I looked through a lot of the IDW books today, I cant believe all the variant covers. As you know its pretty tough to put together a set, I wish I could of sold you the complete runs I had.

Do you, or anyone happen to know if IDW Transformers The Animated Movie Adaption 1 Signed Edition exists? I forget what site I had seen it on, I thought it was mycomicshop but I just looked and don't see an entry for it.

Edited by speedracex

I remember when IDW used to sell those sets. I ended up with a bunch of them. Stormbringer, Devastation and a bunch of Spotlight incentive sets. As far as Dreamwave went, outside of the questionable business model, I remember enjoying G1 Vol 2 and Vol 3 along with the War Within stories. It would have been nice to get some closure in the stories.

The Dreamwave books are what brought me back into collecting comics. Im not really active anymore, more of a Transformer toy collector again. I'll never forget going from Marvel G1 art, to seeing that DW Superion vs Devastator cover, I was in love.

I'd really like to see a story conclusion to vol 3. Would be nice if IDW would complete, or release the books that were already written/drawn up. I actually own one of the unpublished art pages.

The only signed edition book I have is Heart of Darkness #1. I did a little looking and was unable to find anything about a signed edition for Animated Movie #1. It could exist, but like I said, I haven't seen it.

11053421_1251189331573635_1277236432366371019_o.jpg

Another goodie I got off of you, speedracex, when I won 5 out of 9 auctions you had listed one time! Filled a lot of gaps, then a week later bough your Spotlight Nightbeat set for the Roche cover, and got the Botcon as a bonus!

Thanks again

Another goodie I got off of you, speedracex, when I won 5 out of 9 auctions you had listed one time! Filled a lot of gaps, then a week later bough your Spotlight Nightbeat set for the Roche cover, and got the Botcon as a bonus!

Thanks again

Glad to help, glad they went to such a completionist. I really didn't want to sell those Nightbeat books, but Im glad they went to a good home. It's crazy for me to look at the IDW run now and see all these really hard to get variant books. Including a lot of the ones I had 2-3 of.

I loathe Dreamwave books. The whole "Not Paying People who Write and Draw" thing is really bad, however, without that big mistake, we might not have IDW with the license.

Exactly, As a company their practices were terrible. Story wise though if you haven't read them you should give them a try, you may really be surprised. IDW with their first couple of series were extremely weak IMO until they went to the Ongoing series.

Edited by speedracex