• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

All we know is the Cybertronian race is responsible for creating M.A.S.K.from all the events that create whoever else is from Earth, tie into G.I. Joe, and somehow ROM will be linked in there too. Willing to bet the Galactic Council will show up in other books too. I saw a Revolution #0 from SDCC, that is the story in the back of Titans Return #1 I believe showing the interconnections.

Picked up ROM #1, and the Earth Defense Corp is featured in it with mention of giant robots, so they are starting the tie-ins already! Also GI Joe members have cameo.

Nuclear BOOM!!! (very, very big 'splosion)

Just purchased a Spotlight Sixshot RI-B 1:50 Variant!

It needs a press but at this point I don't care if it's a 6.0.

One more to go for a complete Retail Incentive IDW G1 RUN!!!

This-is-so-Exciting-Pineapple-Express.gif

Nice going! I had a bit of luck myself the other day at Half Price Books, they had a stack of Transformers from RID, MTMTE and All Hail Megatron at .50 cents each all in at least NM-. And to top it off there was a 2012 RID RI annual in the stack.

Edited by FutureFlash

Nice score! You're still looking for #22RI, I presume?

You are correct. I guess this is my "Grail" since it it the last one missing from the run.

Good luck. I've only found one person who claims to have one and he isn't budging whenever I inquired about him selling it.

Nice score! You're still looking for #22RI, I presume?

You are correct. I guess this is my "Grail" since it it the last one missing from the run.

Good luck. I've only found one person who claims to have one and he isn't budging whenever I inquired about him selling it.

Oh, I will find it eventually. Being that it is James Roberts' first work in continuity, I have to find it. I have hopes on a Signature Series of #22 and #23 with signatures from Milne and Roberts. One day........I will complete it.

As for discussion of the books:

Anyone else finish "All Hail Optimus" in Transformers (Formerly Robots In Disguise) #55?

They said it was going to be a conclusion, they delivered (mostly)!

Plot details and Spoilers.

Obviously both big bad bots (Galvatron and Sentinel) losing their heads is totally intentional. Do not count Galvatron out even though Optimus took his head, we know what is being set up here with all signs pointing to new wave of Headmasters.

The entire plot run since issue #28, with the exception of the Combiner Wars, has now come together as a really great read. Better than the 09 Ongoing for sure!

It also appears that #55 of both titles was supposed to come out before the Titans Return One Shot which came a out a week earlier than TF #55. Oh well.

Really want to see what is in store for Fort Max in MTMTE, but next up is Till All Are One #3.

Has there been any talk of restarting the Spotlight books? Those were some of my favorites because it gave screen time to characters who weren't always in the forefront of the main books.

Has there been any talk of restarting the Spotlight books? Those were some of my favorites because it gave screen time to characters who weren't always in the forefront of the main books.

I have not seen an y plans on any IDW related information sources, but agree they need to do more of those for sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions on some of the top artists on Transformers to get commissions from so that I can keep an eye out at shows? The last few I've gotten have been from Livio, which have turned out amazing, but I'd like to get some others as well. Not everyone can "bring the metal to life" and I'm not current on the IDW Transformers series to see who's doing it now. Currently I have Transformers sketches from Trimpe, Liefeld, Mike Miller, Jae Lee, and LIvio....just looking to add to it. I appreciate the help in advance...thanks!

Does anyone have any suggestions on some of the top artists on Transformers to get commissions from so that I can keep an eye out at shows? The last few I've gotten have been from Livio, which have turned out amazing, but I'd like to get some others as well. Not everyone can "bring the metal to life" and I'm not current on the IDW Transformers series to see who's doing it now. Currently I have Transformers sketches from Trimpe, Liefeld, Mike Miller, Jae Lee, and LIvio....just looking to add to it. I appreciate the help in advance...thanks!

Alex Milne, Casey Coller, Guido Guidi. Andrew Griffith are some of the BEST Transformers artists.

I would say Don Figueroa too, who designed the Stealth Bomber Megatron, but there is a lot of Bad Blood between him and IDW over that design and he has sworn off all Transformers drawings IIRC.

Alex Milne, Casey Coller, Guido Guidi. Andrew Griffith are some of the BEST Transformers artists.

I would say Don Figueroa too, who designed the Stealth Bomber Megatron, but there is a lot of Bad Blood between him and IDW over that design and he has sworn off all Transformers drawings IIRC.

Awesome. I appreciate it. I read the books when they first came back through DW but got out of comics just before IDW took over. Although I haven't read the stories, it's nice to see that most of the art is still as fantastic as when DW had it. Are these guys pretty easy to get sketches from or is it pretty limited?

Some of the artists you can contact through their websites and commission a piece. You can also go to a Transformers themed convention. Most of the artists attend Botcon. That's the big TF con.

At TFcon Toronto 2016, I was able to get sketch covers from James Raiz, Matt Moylan, and Nicole.

Alex Milne, Josh Perez, and Sara Pitre-Durocher where also available at the convention.

If you can attend TFcon Chicago, I would watch their website and twitter feed and if an artist is announced that you want a sketch from hit them up right away so they and you are prepared for the job.

IDW botched the story flow again.

A few weeks ago, they released Titans Return One Shot prior to TF #55 which needs to be read in reverse order.

Then, this week, they released MTMTE #56 before TF #56. If you read MTMTE #56, you will be spoiled on a major plot point leading into Titans Return.

Also, the Death Of Optimus Prime 1:20 Variant, which is extremely hard to find just popped up on eBay

Disclaimer: Not mine! I nabbed mine years ago for cheap and it feels so good!

BTW: Here's one of the GRAIL's! 1:50 Spotlight Sixshot!!!!!!!

scan0003.jpg

IDW botched the story flow again.

A few weeks ago, they released Titans Return One Shot prior to TF #55 which needs to be read in reverse order.

Then, this week, they released MTMTE #56 before TF #56. If you read MTMTE #56, you will be spoiled on a major plot point leading into Titans Return.

Also, the Death Of Optimus Prime 1:20 Variant, which is extremely hard to find just popped up on eBay

Thanks for the heads up about the reading order. Is it on the creative teams for not finishing the books in time or IDW for not producing/releasing in order?

I picked up a Death of Prime RIB for $8 about 18 months ago. Probably a 9.4 were I to send it in.