• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

On 01/02/2018 at 6:14 AM, mec3437 said:

Most of the ratios for the 2009 IDW series were 1:10 for the incentive covers. 

Thanks, I figured it was, but didn't want to go on my own less than spectacular memory. :)

I'm hearing that there will be a 1:50 incentive book with Unicron 1.  I'm hoping the event is a good sendoff for IDW's run.  It was mostly good when Hasbro wasn't too involved.

When I first posted up these (pictured) I had a few people PM me to buy them. I was recently talking with Marat Mychaels about it and he said he still had a few and that he'd sell them for $5 a book and $25 additional if you wanted a remark on it. I can possibly see if Livio can do a remark on it too, but I'm unsure of his cost. Let me know if anyone is interested. I apologize if announcing this isn't allowed, I just thought as collectors it could be a cool opportunity. 

20180527_193541.jpg

Looks like IDW is in fact rebooting the universe.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-idw-transformers-comics-reboot-confirmed-for-2019/41798/

I'm both sad and interested at this news. I like that this universe has lasted as long, and as many issues, as it has, but I feel that there is way too much to remember with the number of series and one-shots. Hopefully the new universe will be a little more concise and streamlined. Maybe one on-going series (monthly or possible bi-monthly when able) with a couple one-shots or a mini-series in a year? Basically an easy to understand reading order would help too. No crazy time jumps across different series and one-shots. 

I have a lot to get caught up with since I got back from my deployment.  It's been slow going for me, because I haven't read any of the books since last summer.  That said, I hope the current continuity ends on a high note.  There was a lot going on in the shared Hasbroverse that made it difficult for me to really stay engaged.  My attention started to drift when ROM, and MASK were brought in.  I can generally tolerate GI Joe being in the TF universe.  However, it seemed there were even more books that I would have had to read.  I read the core titles and the occasional mini.  I would, however, like to see something like the Spotlight series make a comeback in the new reboot.  I just like the idea of one character who may be a little underutilized in the main books getting a little attention. 

On 5/22/2019 at 7:45 PM, srezvan said:

These just arrived: 3 CGC 9.8s signed by Transformers voice actors. Both Peter Cullen signatures also have a quote: 1) More than meets the eye, 2) Autobots, Roll Out!. Thanks to @Celestial Comics for helping with the sigs and quotes.

326706235_Transformers2CGCBooks.thumb.jpg.cf19962910b325520beba2268d9efdde.jpg

Transformers G2. Derek Yaniger art is amazing!

Edited by Yoshi
Spelling

Are the IDW TF books even worth anything? I have a ton of G1 series from when they first started and a lot of min series. I checked sold on EBAY and nothing much really came up. Thinking of selling lots of them to free up space as I don't follow them anymore. Too many books.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, DR9 said:

Are the IDW TF books even worth anything? I have a ton of G1 series from when they first started and a lot of min series. I checked sold on EBAY and nothing much really came up. Thinking of selling lots of them to free up space as I don't follow them anymore. Too many books.

Most aren't particularly valubable.  Some of the retailer incentives will fetch more of a premium, but the majority are dollar bin books.  

On 5/22/2019 at 10:45 PM, srezvan said:

These just arrived: 3 CGC 9.8s signed by Transformers voice actors. Both Peter Cullen signatures also have a quote: 1) More than meets the eye, 2) Autobots, Roll Out!. Thanks to @Celestial Comics for helping with the sigs and quotes.

326706235_Transformers2CGCBooks.thumb.jpg.cf19962910b325520beba2268d9efdde.jpg

Yeah, I don't support Dreamwave books. Gen 2 Marvel is ok but replaced by Regen one. And now the Transformers 84 #0 changes a lot of narrative for the old Marvel Series. 

Glad to see the thread still kicking. 

I got caught up on a lot of the new main series and Galaxies.  I added the '84 series to my pull list, along with the vs Terminator series only because of the cover art.  The new main series was a slow burn at first.  I considered stopping after the first few issues.  Basically, I got caught up on all the previous stuff and had a bunch of issues sitting in my file, so I continued and it's gotten better.  It's still a long way from being of the caliber of More than meets the Eye or Lost Light, but it is far from sucky.  I like Galaxies.  It's like an extended Spotlight series since they're able to do more in multiple issues than a single one.  I also enjoyed '84 one shot, so it looks like a mini series will come about from that with Simon Furman returning for the series.  The first '84 one shot served as a prequel for the Marvel series, so I assume this will be set in the same Marvel continuity.  Hoping some of this newer stuff holds up to the original IDW work on the franchise.  

tfterm.jpg

tf84.JPG

Wow.  I can tell you that TF meets MLP will not be added to my pull list.  '84 Secrets & Lies comes out next week and that will be on my list.  Sometimes I hate Hasbro.

WTF.JPG

15 hours ago, JBrown said:

I think #2 of '84 is out next week. Digging it so far! Art is superbly great and retro!

It feels so fresh too.  I like Galaxies because it's similar to the old Spotlight series, but the main series is just kinda slow.  20+ issues and not much has been accomplished.  '84 just feels right.  #2 does come out next week and the A-cover looks super sexy.  

STL154396.jpg

Edited by mec3437
Add photo.

Yes, I agree! Galaxies has been great, with the main series, while interesting, could had a condensed the story so far. Though if whats happened so far was only 12 issues, it still would be deemed slow.