• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

wow this is a great thread - I stopped collecting these at the start of the year....I may have to get back into them now.Thought I'd post a few sketchbook I pick up and some hand drawn covers by the comic artists that I either purchased or had drawn for me at a convention last year

image1

image2

image3

image4

image5

wow this is a great thread - I stopped collecting these at the start of the year....I may have to get back into them now.Thought I'd post a few sketchbook I pick up and some hand drawn covers by the comic artists that I either purchased or had drawn for me at a convention last year

image1

image2

image3

image4

image5

Nice books! Livio does well when not rushed. Good looking Megatron! Wildman is fantastic as always! RID Sketch #1 is sweet! I have 2 MTMTE, 0 RID Sketch #1's. Proper on yours with a well known G1 character. I got Tappet and Jhiaxus who aren't super well known unless you are a fan that follows a lot of Generation 2 Marvel or the newer IDW stuff. And the 2 Legit Sketch Books! NICE! Alex Milne also commissioned a new sketch book, limited to 500 copies though! Super tough to get!
from memory that RI #22 was listed as a convention exclusive...think isi t was SSDC.I didn't think it ever got produced - there a re rumors of a very few copies though....
Oh it was confirmed as a 1:10 RI cover, as stated in a previous post, the diamond ordering code did not follow the traditional numbering for it being a variant, due to being released 1 week prior at SDCC as well. This is likely the reason why it was not ordered, or such a low count of ordering. I'll find one, and until then I 'll keep it's spot warm with covers A and B! Keep them coming guys! Some more rare books are afoot!

That looks like a pretty legitimate picture. I do a search for #22 RI just about everyday. I've contacted stores all over Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky, and a few out west to see if any one has one available or if they can get me in touch with someone who only deals in harder to find variants and what not. At least I can see a physical copy of the book. IDW was coy when I asked them about it. They just said that it was produced. Is there a rough estimate of how many were produced? I'm venturing to say low hundreds. Possibly less than 200?

Just a little update here, if you haven't been reading the latest run of Transformers, formerly Transformers: Robots In Disguise, you have been missing an epic in the making.

Optimus Prime to Annex Earth into Cybertronian Council of Worlds, or let Galvatron run free and kill fleshlings.

All Hail Optimus! Transformers #50!

all_hail_optimus1.jpg

all_hail_optimus.jpg

We will also get a Hickman Variant cover, and possibly the reason for the Secret Wars delay. lol

all_hail_optimus2.jpg

We will also get another Variant cover by Mike Choi. No art preview yet.

And Transformers More then Meets the Eye is also in its way to an epic Issue #50.

Cover A and Line Art by Alex Milne

TF_MTMTE_50_cvr_MOCKONLY.jpg

mtmte50line.jpg

Mike Choi Variant cover:

TF_MTMTE_50_cvr_B_MOCKONLY.jpg

And yet one more variant by James Biggie (not pictured), and there will likely also be a Retail Incentive for each, usually a 1:10 Ratio.

I cannot express how awesome of a job IDW is doing, other than to tell you if you aren't reading this stuff, you truly are missing out on some of the best written, well illustrated comic books being made.

Jump in!

Ahhhh Ultramaximus. I cant find the killing joke megatron cover anywhere, it took me for ever to find the middle one in your sig line, any idea if you have a second issue for sale or know of anyone. Man talk about rare and hard to find.

I wish I had other copies to sell, because they go for $BANK$ I cannot even find any for sale listings that sold, and look at this gem, UNSOLD 9.9 that was relisted then removed :-( .

Try contacting that seller and see if they still have it.

Best you can do is also look up the number from that book in the registry, and hope it is up to date.

Great thread! Now I have to buy Transformers.

Yeah I just jumped back into Transformers myself. Been playing catch-up, starting with Infiltration I'm now up to MTME/RID #5. So only about 80 or so issues to go to get current.

Overall it has been an enjoyable series, though there has been some bad stretches with the art and/or the plot.

Thankfully the writing on the 2 ongoing main series' are strong enough to get around some of the forced stuff Hasbro has their hands in, like Dark Cybertron, and Combiner Wars.

You are right now in the sweet spot.

Yeah I've really been enjoying these last few issues. Which is good, because the last few issues of the last series was kinda meh, with the whole Spike and Galvatron/Return to Cybertron plots both felt rushed and forced.

Edited by FutureFlash

Sins of the Wreckers #1 out today. Will read it in a few, but there is greater news. MTMTE #47 out as well, and that is just.......wow. Only people reading this will understand. The Feels. So Strong. Ramp up for issue 50 is getting intense.

Edited by UltraMaximus

I saw that it was up there. It's the only CGC graded copy in their census. Anyone got an extra copy of Orion Pax RI or Drift #4 c4 cover for sale, that would be great. Those two are proving to be a pain in the neck to find

I saw that it was up there. It's the only CGC graded copy in their census. Anyone got an extra copy of Orion Pax RI or Drift #4 c4 cover for sale, that would be great. Those two are proving to be a pain in the neck to find

C4 cover is impossible and most are personalized. Finding a RAW unsketched one would be awesome.

As for Orion Pax RI, haven't seen one since I purchased mine.

That's what I have been seeing. I need 2 more Infiltration incentives, and the #22 RI. I did find a guy in Canada who claims to have a #22 that he got directly from IDW. He said it isn't for sale at this time.