• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

There definitely seems to be something missing between the self titled books. It's throwing me off.

None of my Infiltration variants were sealed or had the little IDW sticker on the back flap. My eventual plan is to have most of them pressed and graded. CBCS graded a couple of mine as they were test books to see their grading before I had a CGC account. I only needed the Iron Hide variant (5c I think), but I ended up buying a lot of the whole Infiltration run for about $175. Now I have to unload the extras. On a side note, my MTMTE #19 RI just received a CGC 9.8 so I got that going for me.

In any case, my plan for Botcon is to find TF #9 (Auto Assembly), #22RI, and Orion Pax RI. I may get a sketch or two since a bunch of the artists will be there.

I wish I had known you when I had multiples of the AA #9's......

and I found I was wrong in order for the pictures.

scantf50connected.jpg

and the original which is better than my stitch job, and shows some missing pieces that would have tied this whole thing in nicely.

scantf50connected.jpg

There definitely seems to be something missing between the self titled books. It's throwing me off.

None of my Infiltration variants were sealed or had the little IDW sticker on the back flap. My eventual plan is to have most of them pressed and graded. CBCS graded a couple of mine as they were test books to see their grading before I had a CGC account. I only needed the Iron Hide variant (5c I think), but I ended up buying a lot of the whole Infiltration run for about $175. Now I have to unload the extras. On a side note, my MTMTE #19 RI just received a CGC 9.8 so I got that going for me.

In any case, my plan for Botcon is to find TF #9 (Auto Assembly), #22RI, and Orion Pax RI. I may get a sketch or two since a bunch of the artists will be there.

I wish I had known you when I had multiples of the AA #9's......

and I found I was wrong in order for the pictures.

scantf50connected.jpg

and the original which is better than my stitch job, and shows some missing pieces that would have tied this whole thing in nicely.

scantf50connected.jpg

Thanks for work on putting the connecting covers together, looks pretty sweet.

And speaking of sweet, the RI for Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #51 , with Tarn of the over looks pretty cool. May have to snag one.

The universe teases me when it comes to the 2 RI books eluding me. I was bidding on the Spotlight:Sixshot RI-B, and was sniped in the last seconds. :censored::mad::juggle: I might have to offer up my Bot-Con Nightbeat Variant in trade to get that Sixshot RI-B, and TF 22 RI! Fellow TF collectors, think about it! :grin:

And speaking of sweet, the RI for Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #51 , with Tarn of the over looks pretty cool. May have to snag one.

I have one, but it is not the NM+ copy I want to keep so waiting on a replacement. Sub cover is nice on #51 too.

There's a seller on ebay listing some of the Infiltration variants for sale.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=172141063246&alt=web

Interesting story on this copy of #6. Infiltration had started off strong in sales with a comicron # of 45,453 copies sold for issue #1. However, Infiltration #6 had a distribution of 25,299, and out of that number, there weren't too many stores ordering 100 copies, so yeah, this is a pretty rare book that I had not been able to get a hold of nor seen for sale for a while. I was the only watcher when it was $70.00. Seller relisted at $60, then lowered it and poof!!!!!.....then there were 4 watchers and I couldn't risk it!

Well, that one posted in this thread became mine!

Infiltration 1:100 Variant Set, COMPLETE!

The Seller of the Optimus variant also mislabeled it as a 1:75, it was most certainly a 1:100 ratio. Confirmed here, and these guys have a pretty extensive archive of these books. http://www.ntfa.net/ntfa/comics/idw/infiltration.php

Anyway, ON WITH THE PICTURES!

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg

I found what should be a nice copy of All Hail Megatron #1 Apocalypse Comics exclusive. Looked good from the pics anyway. I'm trying to upgrade my copy (which graded out to a 9.2 after CFP did amazing work on pressing it). Seller says it's their first time selling on ebay and then I was thinking to myself, "Of course. It wouldn't be any other way."

I just got caught up on the last few issues of MTMTE and the former RID. I like where MTMTE is going. It really is the strongest book since Marvel's Generation 2 in my humble opinion.

Combiner Wars was ok. It had Hasbro written all over it. The former RID title is solid and lately has been holding my attention more. MTMTE had to grow on me as well. Now, I love the book. The writing has been great. It can still be deep and introspective but it still retains that swashbuckling tone. On the other hand, Sins of the Wreckers hasn't been doing much for me. It's unfortunate because I loved Last Stand of the Wreckers.

I found what should be a nice copy of All Hail Megatron #1 Apocalypse Comics exclusive. Looked good from the pics anyway. I'm trying to upgrade my copy (which graded out to a 9.2 after CFP did amazing work on pressing it). Seller says it's their first time selling on ebay and then I was thinking to myself, "Of course. It wouldn't be any other way."

Nice, hopefully you nab a high grade one.

I just got caught up on the last few issues of MTMTE and the former RID. I like where MTMTE is going. It really is the strongest book since Marvel's Generation 2 in my humble opinion.

I wholeheartedly think James Roberts is the best TF writer to date. Barber has the "Continuity Gift" where he makes sure to sew it all together. I like that even with the "Soft Reboot" of AHM, it still did not keep these guys from a nod here and there to what happened before, and not let it prevent them from moving forward with the story. Barber has done really well incorporating all the other Hasbro TF mytho's into one fluid story, allowing Beast wars, Covenant of Primus and the 13 Primes, and a few other favorites from someone's favorite version all packed into the main continuity.

Almost caught up myself, just starting Combiner Wars. Overall the IDW series has been solid, especially the Barber and Roberts run of RID and MTMTE (though this one had to grow on me a bit).

Combiner Wars was ok. It had Hasbro written all over it. The former RID title is solid and lately has been holding my attention more. MTMTE had to grow on me as well. Now, I love the book. The writing has been great. It can still be deep and introspective but it still retains that swashbuckling tone. On the other hand, Sins of the Wreckers hasn't been doing much for me. It's unfortunate because I loved Last Stand of the Wreckers.

Agreed on the Combiner Wars being OK. Dark Cybertron and Combiner wars are the Hand of Hasbro, and so will Titan's Return, the upcoming event.

All great reading IMO. Can't wait for TF 52 tomorrow, and MTMTE 52 next week! All Hail Optimus really is a coming together of everything outside of MTMTE, and I am especially happy to see this story progress since RID #28.

Having a 4 year old waking you up early does pay off sometimes lol

Just came across this from a UK seller

Transformers infiltration #6 Optimus

As mention this doesn't come up very often so pretty happy as love this cover of Optimus

You basically STOLE it for that price too! Nice grab!

As mention this doesn't come up very often so pretty happy as love this cover of Optimus

Thanks, it just came in today and its still in its original wrapper from forbidden planet (was £15 back then lol ) and has the 4 cards with it as well.

Thanks, it just came in today and its still in its original wrapper from forbidden planet (was £15 back then lol ) and has the 4 cards with it as well.

Nice grab indeed.

Anyone looking forward to 'Till All Are One'?

Yes, but that doesn't mean I am going to like it if it is written poorly or illustrated poorly. It is really Windblade Vol 3, and we all saw how the 1st 2 volumes faired......

The art turned me off of Windblade. I'm looking forward to it enough because I remember the writing not be in atrocious. I know a new toy-based storyline should hit soon. Titan's Return maybe?

There's a pretty slick cover for MTMTE #52. Heroes and Fantasies/ACCC exclusive. Here's the link.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:MTMTE52_cvrRE.jpg

I didn't hate the first Windblade series, well I liked it up to the ending anyway. The second was pretty meh, bad art and lackluster Combiner Wars arc. Hopefully Until All Are One will be an improvement. I'm on issues #47 of each series, glad to have Combiner Wars in the rear-view mirror.

Edited by FutureFlash

The art turned me off of Windblade. I'm looking forward to it enough because I remember the writing not be in atrocious. I know a new toy-based storyline should hit soon. Titan's Return maybe?

There's a pretty slick cover for MTMTE #52. Heroes and Fantasies/ACCC exclusive. Here's the link.

I always get damaged books from those guys when ordering directly. Shame, some nice covers usually.

I didn't hate the first Windblade series, well I liked it up to the ending anyway. The second was pretty meh, bad art and lackluster Combiner Wars arc. Hopefully Until All Are One will be an improvement. I'm on issues #47 of each series, glad to have Combiner Wars in the rear-view mirror.

Man, you are NOW getting to the GOODS. Formerly RID is in their stride by 47, and MTMTE is still setting up plot points for the current arc in issues 50+ (and the next 40 too).

Edited by UltraMaximus

I always get damaged books from those guys when ordering directly. Shame, some nice covers usually.

Man, you are NOW getting to the GOODS. Formerly RIS is in their stride by 47, and MTMTE is still setting up plot points for the current arc in issues 50+ (and the next 40 too).

H&F has been hit and miss with me when they send me stuff. Basically, 66% of the time they send stuff that isn't jacked up. That other 33% they send stuff that looks like the Macho Man came off the top rope onto it. I'll take a chance on that cover.

MTMTE is keeping me hooked right now. The former RID is good, but definitely more of a slow burn.

Now that this has been officially announced, I can talk about it. I thought you all would be interested.

Transformers: Till All Are One, Issue 1, RE, TransMissions Podcast Exclusive Cover.

Hi Rez Cover Image.

TF_TAAO01_cvrRE-2_Final-e1463154677243.jpg

TransMissions Podcast is pleased to announce that with IDW Publishing’s TRANSFORMERS TILL ALL ARE ONE’s issue 1 release on June 22nd, 2016 there will be a TransMissions Podcast Exclusive Cover, the first time a cover has been commissioned by a Transformers podcast.

TRANSFORMERS TILL ALL ARE ONE is the newest ongoing Transformers series from IDW Publishing. It features the ongoing struggles of WINDBLADE and STARSCREAM as they vie for political control of the fragile peace between the Autobots, Decepticons, and neutral Transformers on Cybertron. The superstar creative team features MAIRGHREAD SCOTT (Transformers Windblade) on writing, SARA PITRE-DUROCHER (Transformers Combiner Hunters) on art, and PRISCILLA TRAMONTANO (Transformers Robots in Disguise Animated) on colors.

The TransMissions Podcast cover was drawn and colored by the very talented team of ALEX MILNE and JOSH PEREZ. For those that know their Transformers comic history, they will recognize the image as an homage to issue 18 of the original Marvel Transformers comic by the famous Herb Trimpe. CONTINUE...

I hope you guys like the cover. I'm here to answer questions if there are any.