• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Seller Issue...

257 posts in this topic

I think the OP did the right thing by removing the neg....and also believe he did the right thing by bringing this to our attention. Probably the only reason I've posted as much in this thread as I have is that several posters seem to have this expectation for the entire marketplace to play by their rules....this WON'T be happening. Bottom line..... and it's been said before, if you want a Blue Label......BUY a Blue Label. Anything that goes awry outside of that scenario is a result of your own gamble. It's best to learn this sooner than later.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think the OP did the right thing by removing the neg....and also believe he did the right thing by bringing this to our attention. Probably the only reason I've posted as much in this thread as I have is that several posters seem to have this expectation for the entire marketplace to play by their rules....this WON'T be happening. Bottom line..... and it's been said before, if you want a Blue Label......BUY a Blue Label. Anything that goes awry outside of that scenario is a result of your own gamble. It's best to learn this sooner than later.GOD BLESS...

I agree with most of that (except I do think the neg was earned), but I would add - if you don't want negative feedback, don't get caught knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored.

I agree with most of that (except I do think the neg was earned), but I would add - if you don't want negative feedback, don't get caught knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored.

...which this seller didn't do.

The seller wasn't and didn't. That's the whole point.

Isn't he doing that now?

????? That's what this whole thread is about. He's doing it RIGHT NOW. Right here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L0217-Strange-Tales-107-Vol-1-VF-Condition-/351354119849?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123&rmvSB=true

He has been informed the book is trimmed. He is selling it without disclosure. You even just posted you agree it's trimmed. CGC says it's trimmed. What else do you need?!?!?

Good on the OP to get the neg removed. That has nothing to do with what the seller does in the future.

As far as the trimming issue, the seller has been informed that there's an opinion out there that the book is trimmed. If he doesn't think so and has consulted at least one other person who doesn't think so, then it's certainly within his rights to list it as is.

This community has been warned about it, so the thread should be said and done. Right? ;)

Good on the OP to get the neg removed. That has nothing to do with what the seller does in the future.

As far as the trimming issue, the seller has been informed that there's an opinion out there that the book is trimmed. If he doesn't think so and has consulted at least one other person who doesn't think so, then it's certainly within his rights to list it as is.

This community has been warned about it, so the thread should be said and done. Right? ;)

If only the world were that perfect, Chip...

:D

-slym

????? That's what this whole thread is about. He's doing it RIGHT NOW. Right here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L0217-Strange-Tales-107-Vol-1-VF-Condition-/351354119849?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123&rmvSB=true

He has been informed the book is trimmed. He is selling it without disclosure. You even just posted you agree it's trimmed. CGC says it's trimmed. What else do you need?!?!?

No he has been informed that a third party believes it to be trimmed. He has stated that he asked another third party who's opinion was that it's untrimmed.

When subsequently asked, he informed a prospective buyer that a third party thought it was trimmed.

CGC think it's trimmed, I think it's trimmed. Guess what? Other people don't.

That's why they're opinions.

...in the immortal words of Tina Turner..... "We nevah, evah, do nuthin, NICE and EASY.....".......GOD BLESS...

No he has been informed that a third party believes it to be trimmed. He has stated that he asked another third party who's opinion was that it's untrimmed.

When subsequently asked, he informed a prospective buyer that a third party thought it was trimmed.

So basically every single person selling a restored book as unrestored gets a pass.

The seller wasn't and didn't.

...according to the seller. ;)

Maybe cousin itt should've inserted the word 'probable' between 'selling' and 'trimmed'.

Well, fewer punctuation marks would be nice.

Since the nuance is being missed, I'll spell it out directly.

"if you don't want negative feedback, don't get caught knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored."

But that's not why the seller GOT negative feedback. The seller got negative feedback because the buyer didn't like the seller's non-disclosure. He didn't "catch" the seller "knowingly selling" trimmed books as unrestored. He discovered it after the fact, and from a third party.

AND....

If you are BUYING a book with the express purpose to "leave a seller negative feedback for knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored", as your statement above implies, then you are acting in BAD FAITH, and that negative, according to eBay policy, is removable. No one is allowed to leave negative feedback because they "caught someone knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored"...that would require the intent to "catch someone in the act", and that's not allowed.

You keep saying that "everyone says it's trimmed, and the seller knows that, so the seller is committing fraud!!!!! :ohnoez: "

But the seller doesn't think that, and has already explained his reasons why.

YOU think that, and therefore you pronounce the seller guilty of "knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored." But that doesn't mean the SELLER agrees with you.

I understand that you believe "OMG, it's trimmed, everybody says so, what could be more obvious???", but that's not the point.

The seller doesn't agree. The seller has a RIGHT to not agree. The seller has given a relatively reasonable explanation for not agreeing.

To give the seller a negative NOT for the handling of the transaction itself (which is SOLELY what feedback is for), but for the fact that you don't like what they did AFTER the fact is BAD FAITH, and against eBay policy.

And....even if you were to convince everyone that that's what the seller is doing NOW, you have no evidence that proves that's what the seller DID, past tense, to deserve the neg you think they deserve.

That's what you're missing, and hopefully my explanation clarifies that.

Isn't he doing that now?

That's a much better response, wombat. ;)

Yes, the case could be made that that's what he's doing now (but, again, the seller has the right to disagree)...but the case cannot be made that that's what he DID, which renders the "don't get caught knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored if you don't want negative feedback!" argument moot.

It's not possible to do what Cousin Itt is talking about, unless you circumvent the rules.

So basically every single person selling a restored book as unrestored gets a pass.

No. It means that restoration detection is not an exact science, and there is room within that to reasonably disagree with a conclusion.

Key words ----> "Reasonably disagree."

No. It means that restoration detection is not an exact science, and there is room within that to reasonably disagree with a conclusion.

Key words ----> "Reasonably disagree."

Every single shady person can say "I disagree. In my opinion I don't agree with you. Or CGC. Or anyone else".

What exactly would you consider "reasonable"?

RMA, I can't help but think you are willfully resorting to strawmen. I never said that anyone should buy the book now for the excuse of leaving a negative feedback. No reasonable person could interpret what I said that way. I was clearly referring to the fact that the seller is selling the book RIGHT NOW without disclosure, despite having been informed that CGC said it was trimmed. That's why the OP left the negative. It is abundantly clear that that is what I was referring to.

If you are BUYING a book with the express purpose to "leave a seller negative feedback for knowingly selling trimmed books as unrestored", as your statement above implies, then you are acting in BAD FAITH,

No, my statement did not imply, state, insinuate, or suggest that. You inferred it that way.

And then you tell other people to "dial it back". Wow.