• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

to comiclink or not...

10 posts in this topic

What's the approach here on "good" stuff? I probably have 150 books that might be worth putting up on comiclink (SA and GA that guide for above $85). What's the approach here, see if you can get your price on comiclink and then maybe give ebay a shot after 6-12 months if comiclink doesn't sell it? I'd like to make some sales to make my wife happy. Not necessarily to unload all my good stuff a tonce.

If I was selling my 350+ CGC collection (which I'm not), I'd probably put my GA and early SA collection on Comiclink, while the readily available SA, BA and MA books will go up on eBay. I figure that since most GA books are a little harder to locate, you can probably get a better return on Comiclink, especially if you're willing to wait a little. However, if I'm selling a CGC 8.5 copy of X-Men #94 (which is always available), I might as well sell it on eBay or to a forum member, due to the lesser fees.

If by "good stuff" you mean the highest graded or second highest graded copies of the books, I think comiclink is a pretty good place to list them. If they are high census copies, then price the books at a price you'd be really happy with, and hope for the best.

If they are key issues, but mid to low grade, they might not move on comiclink as quickly, since there are likely copies already on comiclink. If they are books that rarely come up for sale, then shoot for the moon.

Also, be sure to factor in the comiclink commission in your asking price.

I'm beginning to think anything semi-decent GA or SA should go to CL as opposed to ebay IF you don't have to move it fast. The difference between (10% CL commision + your shipping expense) and (all the ebay and paypal fees) is not significant. Plus, you never have to deal with the occasional A----le buyer, or potential buyer who tortures you about a lower price.

Lots, slow SA, Moderns, or a need to raise $ quicker ebay is prob preferable.

oh, i like the idea of putting it in the Marketplace for a couple of days...sure you won't be able to fleece a n00b, but it's good karma and you know the buyer won't welsh on ya

If the books are CGC'd, I'd probably put the books on PedigreeComics, ComicLink or HighGradeComics.

Really depends on what the books are. The question is, do you want to send them to the consignment site now?

That's the drawback. If you want to keep them until they sell, you have to ship each book to the consignment site when it sells, and pay for the shipping.That can get awful expensive.

"good stuff" is a relative term I suppose... GA and SA books in various grades guiding in the $250-800 range. about half of them aren't issues on comiclink right now. nothing GA above a 9.2, a lot of stuff in the 4.0 - 7.0 range. yeah, i know, not the most highly sought after stuff, but i wouldn't expect a premium or anything.

comiclink's 10% doesn't really seem to be much more than ebay FVFs, paypal and the other ebay hassles. I guess I need to ship too, throw in a short distance (about 15 miles) priority mail. the 25% consignment is a bit more hefty.

i'll ponder marketplace here.

i guess the fear of a reverse paypal charge when some crook claims they didn't get a $500 book stresses me a little about ebay.

i guess the fear of a reverse paypal charge when some crook claims they didn't get a $500 book stresses me a little about ebay.

Yes, I feel this is an underappreciated issue. It means that you are at risk selling ot anyone without a verified paypal ID, and you must always insure and track ot prove it was sent. So selling international becomes very expensive.