• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The story of my slow downward Spiral into comic collecting addiction.
1 1

47 posts in this topic

A lot has happened in these few months since my last post in terms of collecting and a believe an update is in order.

Since my last post, my comic art collection has been reduced in size with me selling some pieces I thought I never would that were hallmarks of my collecting interest. This ranges from my Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight page, my John Buscema Avengers page of Kang's origin retold, and my Kirby page to name a few. I could go on but I think these get the point across.

This was a hard decision to make for sure but a few months ago I had the chance to make a grail level piece for me a reality and needed to raise the funds. I'm sure most people ask themselves or at least heard the scenrio of if they would trade or sell their collection if it meant they would be able to own a certain piece or comic. For me, while it might not be my whole collection I it was stil some of my best pieces.

If everything goes as planned I should have the item in hand by around September and will be sure to post it here for you guys.

In other news I was also able to add a few pieces to my collection. Some have already been sold since I needed to funds as explained above which was a downer for sure (especially since I lost dollar wise :( ) But was also able to hold on to some :) which I'll be posting.

First off is the cover to Deadpool #15 vol.2 done by the talented, Jason Pearson. I really loved the covers he did for this series and had been wanting to add one to collection for a while. So when I saw it in the auction preview on Comiclink some months back I told myself I would get it!

Spoiler

467898961_Deadpool15Nostats.thumb.png.ee0d4f1d3e7e4019bb4ac1864eb079cc.png

Next up is another Deadpool cover also from volume 2. This is to issue 35 which was I was really excited to see when it came up for sale since it was one of my favorite covers for the series and I had always wanted to own. Just like the with the other cover I got into the mindset where I told myself I needed to win it or I would be regretting it for a long time.

Spoiler

1844078397_Deadpool35Cover.thumb.jpg.0318743e0a714842fb412de35cd1661e.jpg

Getting these two covers was great, not only because they were pieces I really wanted but because I hadn't gotten any deadpool related stuff for a while at that point and had even sold my 9.8 copy of NM98 a year before. If you don't know I really like that character, lol.

Another interesting thing happened, I got my first commission! My idea for a commsion had been a moon Knight piece with the artist giving there own take on Sienks well-known Fist of Konshu painted cover. I had been trying to decide which artist to get for a while, and had finally decided on, Jeff Slemons who advetizes on Comicartfans. After looking at his work examples I and the price for them I couldn't help but reach out and work out a deal. My first commission expereince turned out great with, Jeff staying in contact and showing my different sketches he did for the idea, with my piece being finished and delivered in one month.

Spoiler

1870110125_MoonKnightcommission.thumb.png.2721b33fea29fdd596313c4d5728faf5.png

For the last highlight I was fortunante enough to get a piece with pencils done by the recently passed, Steve Ditko (RIP). I feel really lucky that I was able to get a piece by such an artist and important figure in the comic industry/history. The artwork also being a from his time onn, ROM Spaceknight which is a title I love with the artwork showing an important scene from the final issue #75 making it all the more special to me.

Spoiler

1448471651_ROMSpaceknight75.thumb.png.63c1217e0fe248d0843b6f3f2404e3ca.png

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/4332-the-story-of-my-slow-downward-spiral-into-comic-collecting-addiction/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png

1 1