• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARTFORD COMIC CON - SEPT 19 & 20, 2015 - HARTFORD, CT

26 posts in this topic

Hey All:

Didn't find a thread for this con so I've decided to create one for anyone who is interested. The Hartford Comic Con show (http://hartfordcomiccon.com/) is Sept. 19 & 20, 2015, from 10am - 5pm at the XL Center (1 Civic Center Plaza - Hartford, Connecticut 06120).

So far, they guests they have in attendance are:

- Andy Price

- Ben Templesmith

- Char Hardin

- Craig Rousseau

- Ed McGuinness

- Dave Dorman

- Jeremy Bastion

- John Tyler Christopher

- Katie Cook

- Kenneth Rocafort

- Ray Fawkes

- Robert Atkins

- Tyler Kirkham

- Sara Richard

CELEBS:

- Joey Lauren Adams

- Kelly Hu

- Christy Romano

- Michael Jai White

for those interested tickets are single day or both day tickets are currently for sale on Groupon and they have a 25% off code today and I believe tomorrow. Check Groupon for the Hartford area if you want to go that route.

It's unlikely that CGC would attend his show.

About two weeks away!

It's a 2nd year show, not quite established enough for CGC to attend.In a way, that's a good thing.....at least if you're a buyer because you'll see better pricing on books than you would at a show like New York Comic Con.That doesn't mean there will not be plenty of legit vintage comic dealer in the room.There certainly was, last year.I saw Dolgoff and a lot of NY dealers there.

I set up there last year, it was decent enough sales wise for me to do it again this year AND I made some very good buys on some golden age/silver age books.....I actually passed on a raw 1.0 Flash # 105, at $150.....that's how good the buying was.Instantly regretted not buying that book, though.By the time I got back to his table, he was packing up..It was a raw 1.0 but not a rag.

I'll be set up again this year with 2 6 foot tables of books , stop by and say hi...it's always fun to meet boardies :hi:

The vendor list should be on the site tomorrow, I spoke with the promoter on Thursday about my table placement and he told me the fire marshall made him re-adjust the floor plan, so that should explain why the vendor list is absent.

But even so....the promoter SHOULD have a list of vendors on the site.

I will *POST UP THE VENDOR LISTING* after I get the vendor numbered table layout email, from the promoter, tomorrow.

I have been debating going down.

Does anyone know how parking is in the area? Price and proximity? I think I have been in the city of Hartford once in my life while I was a little kid.

Parking will not be a problem, there is plenty (garages or open lots) all around the XL center and all a short walk. I did not attend last year but if I had to guess event parking would be $10 and maybe $8 for a slightly further walk.

WHO WANTS A BOOK DRY CLEANED/PRESSED IN TIME FOR ON SITE GRADING AT BALTIMORE IN EXCHANGE FOR A BALTIMORE DEALER PASS.............?

If any boardies who will be set up at Baltimore and will also be set up (or attending) the Hartford CT show this weekend and have a dealer pass for Baltimore (or can buy one for me), I will paypal you the cost of a dealer pass, if you don't have any available......

.........and if you have a book that needs to be prepped for onsite grading at Baltimore, I will press (dry clean as needed) a book for you, and bring it with me to Baltimore.

I will be set up at booth # 805 & #806 this weekend at Hartford, drop off a book at my booth (I'll give you a signed pressing form for your peace of mind) and I will dry clean/press said book for you and deliver it to you at your booth in Baltimore.

....and since I get upgraded from 2 6 foot tables at Hartford to 2 10x10 booths due to a cancellation, I have a few extra dealer passes to give out for CT.

Any boardies who wants one, drop me a PM and you can have one, free of charge.

My apologies in advance for the ADHD-esque nature of this post, as well as for the ensuing (blatant) self promotion which I will readily concede to being mildly ashamed of myself for,haha.... but I am pumped that I got two 10x10 booths for this show instead of the two 6 foot tables I had booked, which were all that was available when I booked the show :whee:

I'll be set up with my usual show partner, Joe Walsh ( he goes by ChesterCopperPot on eBay) at booth # 805 & # 806.

The dealer who booked booths #805-#807 backed out of doing the show and I called the promoter last night after seeing the open spots, got my spots transferred/upgraded from two 6 foot tables I originally had to two 10x10 booths :headbang:

....which means, we will have more table space buuuuut now I have to bag/board,file comics in every spare minute I have intil Friday :o(shrug)

Not super thrilled about cramming in at least another 12+ hours of show prep but I've been buying left and right so this will work out nicely......

Just this past week I picked up a raw Journey Into Mystery # 106 (1st Enchantress)...it's a FN as is now but I'll dry clean it and press it tonight into possibly a VF...and have it on my wall at Hartford , priced fairly .I'll be taking pics of this purdy little book before I do the work and afterwards, as well.

Also bought a stack of 10 cent Wonder Woman's last week(a few keys, all below #115,........and a redonkulously amount of mostly VG to VG/FN Marvel westerns....2 copies of Two-Gun Kid # 60......2 copies of #61....and a dozen or so other #60's and earlier TGK's.....at least half a dozen Rawhide Kid books like #22, 23 ....

...along with NM 9.0 to 9.8 Preacher's (1-13, all except #3 and #11) ....DC Comics presents 26 raw 9.4......2 batman Kiling Joke 1st prints, 9.8 candidates....early Harley Quinn & Deadpool runs etc etc...and I am not pricing the raw Preacher #1 or #2 at their GPA respective recorded figures, or any of my books, for that matter....

I'll also have modern (recent as last month to 2 years back) Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn's....mostly hand picked 9.8 copies below cover in my $3 boxes.......around 200hot/recent moderns are getting filed into my $3's....80's Suicide Squads in high grade are in there, too;)

.....and I am taking a decent chunk of books out of my $5 and $10 boxes, filing them into my $3 boxes....just like I did at the Garden State Comic Fest (last show I did, 2 months ago.)

I had 3 long boxes of $3 books with me at the last show I did and I left with less than 2 longs of $3's.

I will have the only table at the whole show who has silver/bronze books with Overstreet values in their respective grades around $6-$15.......in Mylite2's & Full Backs. :facepalm:

I won't be making much of any profit at 3 bucks a throw but eff it, getting $3 a pop at the first show they go to beats holding out for $5 or $10 over the course of a year's worth of shows ;)

The $5 and $10 boxes that I have (and am still adding to before the show) will be "deal cut-able"....if you buy a decent stack of either/both of them

:headbang:

Copper Age I live in West Hartford so shoot me a PM if you want recommendations for restaurants and where to go for a good beer in the area, I would be glad to help you out.

I am try to sneak over on Saturday morning after my kids soccer games but I can't do Sunday as I am flying to Phoenix. Good luck with sales!

Copper Age I live in West Hartford so shoot me a PM if you want recommendations for restaurants and where to go for a good beer in the area, I would be glad to help you out.

I am try to sneak over on Saturday morning after my kids soccer games but I can't do Sunday as I am flying to Phoenix. Good luck with sales!

I did the show last year so I'm fairly familiar with what's around but thanks for the offer and the well wishes. (thumbs u

Feel free to stop by my booth and introduce yourself on Saturday, if you make it to the show.