• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another seller to stay away from...INVST101

9 posts in this topic

So I take a shot on a new seller (only 16 feedback) and I buy a Green Lantern 14 in his "NM" condition. I figure worst case maybe a VF and I didnt' pay much for it. Well the book comes in, has ALOT of creases and small tears BUT the back cover is ripped at the spine completely separated from the front cover almost 1/2 way down which he didn't happen to mention. So I email him with the info which he replies......Fair to him? foreheadslap.gif.... How about fair to the dumb SH#$ that bought it. My mission in life is to now let every single bidder on anything else he has know. This is gonna be fun. I did reply back to him that it had nothing to do with damage in shipping and pretty much called him a liar.

Steve

"Hello,

When I sent the book it was in almost perfect

condition. There were absolutley no tears or anything

like that. You can take a look at my feedback and see

that I have never stretched the truth on the

conditions. As far as the detached back, I dont own a

comic book that is torn. I am sorry but for me to

refund your money and send the book back would not be

fair to me. Thanks."

Jesse

I just checked the auction in question and my reaction would've been to leave it as it's clear the seller fudges grades - he states the comic is NM and then in brackets puts in "very fine". The comic wasn't scanned but photo'd from an angle - most comics look sharper from that perspective. It obviously wasn't NM from the scan anyway.

Thanks for the tip-off, though.

My mission in life is to now let every single bidder on anything else he has know"

FYI: If you do this and one of these folks notify the seller and the seller lets Ebay know you are doing this, they will cancel your account. Ebay calls this 'bidder interference' or something along those lines.

So I take a shot on a new seller (only 16 feedback) and I buy a Green Lantern 14 in his "NM" condition. I figure worst case maybe a VF and I didnt' pay much for it. Well the book comes in, has ALOT of creases and small tears BUT the back cover is ripped at the spine completely separated from the front cover almost 1/2 way down which he didn't happen to mention. So I email him with the info which he replies......Fair to him? foreheadslap.gif.... How about fair to the dumb SH#$ that bought it. My mission in life is to now let every single bidder on anything else he has know. This is gonna be fun. I did reply back to him that it had nothing to do with damage in shipping and pretty much called him a liar.

Steve

"Hello,

fair to me. Thanks."

Jesse

Try to use Squaretrade to interven forst. If all else fails them NEG him. They have put some pressure on sellers to make thing right. Take the high road. Call him on the phone, let him know what you are planning to do, give him another chance to make things right. Tell him to check your feedback, you are not in the business of buying books and trying to retunr them damaged.

Did you pay with paypal, file a claim.

My mission in life is to now let every single bidder on anything else he has know"

FYI: If you do this and one of these folks notify the seller and the seller lets Ebay know you are doing this, they will cancel your account. Ebay calls this 'bidder interference' or something along those lines.

They won't cancel your account immediately. They will give you a warning first (like I would know anything about that) insane.gif.

If you paid with a credit card through Paypal, send the book back to him (signature confirmation) and file a chargeback.

Did you have the comic insured? If not, I would recommend it. I require insurance when I'm buying or selling.

Steve

"Hello,

fair to me. Thanks."

Jesse

it's hard to imagine a seller touting a book as NM or even "very fine" when it has a tear that'll take it into the poor-fair category. that's just wrong.........and there's no logical way for a cover to be torn half way down the spine in transit, without the rest of the book getting destroyed............

i would also concur, that taking the high road initially is best. give him a sense of your e-bay track record, your collection, etc., and see if you can convince him that you're not in the habit of ruining books so you can return them.............. devil.gif

Thanks for all the input, I guess flying to Texas and kicking the SH@# out of him won't be an option right now.... makepoint.gif

I will give this insufficiently_thoughtful_person another chance to review my feedback and history to refund the price. THEN I will also let him know I will file a complaint about this.

Steve