• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen King's DARK TOWER TV & movie franchise

139 posts in this topic

Fran Kranz Cast in The Dark Tower Movie

Fran Kranz, best known to genre fans as Topher on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse (also appearing in Whedon's Cabin in the Woods and Much Ado About Nothing), has been cast in The Dark Tower. The actor will play Pimli Prentiss, a character who wasn't introduced until book 7 of the series.

In the book, Pimli worked directly for the Crimson King (think the guy behind the guy behind the guy, the real big bad of the story), as a prison warden of sorts. He felt somewhat troubled working for the King, though.

According to THR, his character in the film will be "the right hand man of the Man in Black," a drastic change from the novels. Of course, if they are in fact adapting all seven books as one film, they would need some fairly drastic changes. Two of the other characters announced for the film so far also come from the latter half of the book series.

NVM I should read...

Matthew McConaughey will play Flagg, the Man in Black

Like I said that is huge. That`s like getting Jack Nicholson to play Joker in 1989 Batman.

Instant credibility.

You couldn`t ask for a bigger actor to play Flagg. McConaughey is at the top of the ladder right now when it comes to star power.

NVM I should read...

Like I said that is huge. That`s like getting Jack Nicholson to play Joker in 1989 Batman.

Instant credibility.

You couldn`t ask for a bigger actor to play Flagg. McConaughey is at the top of the ladder right now when it comes to star power.

meh

I think he is way overrated and really not that great of an actor. In fact most of the cast isn't all that cracked up to be what they are hyped to be.

The -script will tell all. It's something I am interested in watching.

I enjoyed book 1 of DT.

I couldn't get past the NYC junkies from book 2 & stopped.

It is a rarity for me to be so wrong about a book choice.

I enjoyed book 1 of DT.

I couldn't get past the NYC junkies from book 2 & stopped.

It is a rarity for me to be so wrong about a book choice.

The hardest book for me to get through was 4, which I think was also the longest.

NVM I should read...

Instant credibility.

Agreed.

I read that saga most of my life...ending pîssed me off

You and me both, and while King put the explanation to it, it still feels like a cop out to me. A cheap shot.

NVM I should read...

Instant credibility.

If he'll play the Man in Black the way he played the character Joe Cooper then he'd be a fine choice. If he played him in the vain of Wooderson in Dazed and Confused it would be a riot. Alright, alright, alright.

‘The Dark Tower’ Recruits ‘Vikings’ Star Katheryn Winnick

9HDh1bv.jpg

Today, Variety brings the news that Vikings Star Katherine Winnick has joined the cast in a mystery role. It’s possible that Winnick could be on board as the central female protagonist Sussanah, or considering the -script reportedly pulls from multiple installments of King’s expansive tome, she could be playing pretty much anyone. What’s all but certain is that she will be kicking some . As any Vikings fan can attest, as an accomplished former martial arts champion, Winnick is a formidable physical actress. With production currently underway in Cape Town, we’ll hopefully get more details in the near future.

:whee:

Well, Roland was white and they have Idris Elba playing him.

I see your point though, Susannah's ethnicity, upbringing, and what she experienced because of these was integral to her character in a way that Roland's wasn't.

I see your point though, Susannah's ethnicity, upbringing, and what she experienced because of these was integral to her character in a way that Roland's wasn't.

I very highly doubt they will outline Sussanah's life much in the series. Or if they use a white actress, perhaps her travels will be perceived to be less polarizing?

I very highly doubt they will outline Sussanah's life much in the series. Or if they use a white actress, perhaps her travels will be perceived to be less polarizing?

It's hard to say, but her whole multiple personality thing played a fairly big part in the plot, and they'd have to explain that somehow. I would hope they didn't spend too much time on it, I never liked that part of the story, and her "Detta" personality was annoying, IMO.

It's hard to say, but her whole multiple personality thing played a fairly big part in the plot, and they'd have to explain that somehow. I would hope they didn't spend too much time on it, I never liked that part of the story, and her "Detta" personality was annoying, IMO.

I can agree with you there, but I also found that it was integral to the second book. Woman of the shadows. And the fact she and Mort were tied together. That was pretty good actually.