• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remarked and resketched thread
17 17

632 posts in this topic

On 1/30/2022 at 9:24 PM, rexinnih said:

Delivered today. Asked for Warlock, or Demon Bear or a Warlock Demon Bear. 

NM 18 Signed.jpg

Which I assume ended up PhalanX :( can't win them all I suppose, still looks non distracting to the cover art :foryou::cheers: 

On 1/29/2022 at 6:01 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Yup, request was on both the form and window bag. I thought the request was prefect for him given the remarque example CGC posted:

20220129_175545.thumb.jpg.06757e05a0a015183c4d8c2224da41f8.jpg

But, artists discretion is made clear so I can't legitimately complain about it. (And I'll note the sketch is placed where I requested it, so there's that as a plus)  The damage to the book though, rough pill to swallow.

That Joker remark would've been awesome. I've always been wary about the artist discretion bit, I assume it's there for unreasonable/ inappropriate requests but then I see things like this from time to time. I do commissions for people and it would never even cross my mind to do something other than what they requested, although I'm very small time so maybe it's different when you're doing dozens of remarks in a day. 

On 2/4/2022 at 11:24 PM, DELTA 62 said:

John Romita!  This was a pick up a little while ago.  It was in an older slab and I felt like it deserved the upgrades!

IMG_9255.thumb.jpg.a43d276a917169dc3f854bb18d9ee27c.jpg

Wonderous Christmas in February!

On 2/16/2022 at 6:35 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Clay Mann. Smaller than I'd hoped (That's what she said!) but a nice remarque and a solid 9.8. Really pleased with this one:

20220216_160450.thumb.jpg.4175c1f22c049b80e395a9cee06269b1.jpg

20220216_160506.thumb.jpg.55153985e762ac0a2eb0412d81bba551.jpg

I saw you post that earlier, and hesitated commenting. As I tend to congratulate everyone, it can ring hollow, so sometimes just likes. Lol

:makepoint: making a point, that joker looks nice, and I mean it, not just in passing. Because its tucked away, and you have to search for it, it makes it treasure and doesnt detract from the cover!

That is the kind I like most! In earnest, those finds can be nicer if the ink pops, but in this case it works well.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/16/2022 at 7:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw you post that earlier, and hesitated commenting. As I tend to congratulate everyone, it can ring hollow, so sometimes just likes. Lol

:makepoint: making a point, that joker looks nice, and I mean it, not just in passing. Because its topucked away, and you have to search for it, it makes it treasure and doesnt detract from the cover!

That is the kind I like most! In earnest, those finds can be nicer if the ink pops, but in this case it works well.

I agree, great little sketch. A bit muted BUT not distracting from the cover which is great. Colors could have popped more, but given the canvas what are you gonna do? Very well executed IMO and again I'm pleased with this one. Also it's tough to tell in the pics but he went in with green for the hair which looks great. Additionally unlike a lot of recent artists for me he gave me what I asked for (Joker) and in the area (though smaller) that I allowed for. Wonderful little addition to this book!  Nothing like my Bagley Carnage fiasco!

On 2/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, Fisionbomb said:

I agree, great little sketch. A bit muted BUT not distracting from the cover which is great. Colors could have popped more, but given the canvas what are you gonna do? Very well executed IMO and again I'm pleased with this one. Also it's tough to tell in the pics but he went in with green for the hair which looks great. Additionally unlike a lot of recent artists for me he gave me what I asked for (Joker) and in the area (though smaller) that I allowed for. Wonderful little addition to this book!  Nothing like my Bagley Carnage fiasco!

Ya I just filled out for Bagley, and in the mail tomorrow Lord willing. I know to only ask for a sug, the remarques are a bit messy. Uf4 for the flat sig press fee rather than blue label. A bit like cutting corners, but with tat etc. :goodvsevil:

Blue label may cost more to press, and take longer.