• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Larson Article by Jon Berk
1 1

41 posts in this topic

The one thing i do recall.....is when I had to share this with someone who understood....i put three calls into Gary Carter....finally getting him....i still remember the hestiation in his voice...."You just spoke to WHO...!!!????"

I was really lucky with the drug store still being in business.....and the original article had Larson as a kid....those who really allowed this biz to flourish....

Awesome article! I spent many hours going through old back issues of The Buyer's Guide last summer looking for those original ads by Joe Tricharichi. I was trying to determine if some of the "unmarked" comics I have may have been Larson's but now I think they aren't. For example, I thought I "might" have the Larson Speed #1 but obviously, I don't. My copy may have come from an un-named pedigree perhaps. I found his first ad but then I got sidetracked by other things and never found the rest of his list. It sure brought back memories though looking through those old TBG's! smile.gif

Awesome article! I spent many hours going through old back issues of The Buyer's Guide last summer looking for those original ads by Joe Tricharichi. I was trying to determine if some of the "unmarked" comics I have may have been Larson's but now I think they aren't. For example, I thought I "might" have the Larson Speed #1 but obviously, I don't. My copy may have come from an un-named pedigree perhaps. I found his first ad but then I got sidetracked by other things and never found the rest of his list. It sure brought back memories though looking through those old TBG's! smile.gif

Funny you should mention the speed 1. Take a look at the Larson puzzler thread. I purchased that Speed 1 because I was convinced it was the Larson altho not sold as such. Clearly it is down to the call back number and the book condition description that matches Joe's exactly.

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

anyone know why jon berk stopped coming here after 2017? 

He decided to pursue his life's dream of becoming a mime.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

He decided to pursue his life's dream of becoming a mime

Isn't this the dream of all former presidents of the American Association of Comicbook Collectors? (aka the AACC)

4 minutes ago, DanCooper said:
2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

He decided to pursue his life's dream of becoming a mime

Isn't this the dream of all former presidents of the American Association of Comicbook Collectors? (aka the AACC)

Jon was the only one who actually had an aptitude for it. I couldn't represent glass so I gave up trying long ago.

1 minute ago, DanCooper said:

I thought you did an honorable job, Richard!

image.thumb.jpeg.5ee50be9ed78373f094faf5e3eb54086.jpeg

Wow. Thanks! That seems like so long ago.

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

And you have probably grown 6 more inches since then...

Every time I see nice golden age.

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Didn’t you get impeached for certain “indiscretions” :baiting:

Those sheep were liars.

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Those sheep were liars.

Baaaaaaad liars, at that.